News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

STAR TRANSFER WINDOW BET ..With Bet Victor...

Started by mr-ska, December 27, 2012, 09:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr-ska

Darren Bent to Fulham  @ 5/4  Highlighted as their  Nap of the Transfer Window.. looks like its gonna happen?

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: mr-ska on December 27, 2012, 09:02:54 AM
Darren Bent to Fulham  @ 5/4  Highlighted as their  Nap of the Transfer Window.. looks like its gonna happen?

I thought a nap is what we had after our Christmas dinners!

Fletchino

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 27, 2012, 09:05:13 AM
Quote from: mr-ska on December 27, 2012, 09:02:54 AM

I thought a nap is what we had after our Christmas dinners!

No a NAP is what the team have been taking during matches snice the Newcastle game.

mr-ska

Fletchino

Would welcome him coming. You can not leave him unmarked whilst you double up on Berba

zzamora

To be honest, betting agents mean nothing in the world of football. It's all about people placing bets.

Bets got regularly closed on us and Jordan Rhodes last season.

Lighthouse

NAP IN BETTING TERMS just means the best bet of the day or whenever. Comes from a French Card Game meaning a good hand.

Or is the word pan reversed. As in Bent will be panned when he comes here. 064.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

Quote from: FLETCHINO on December 27, 2012, 09:09:06 AM
Would welcome him coming. You can not leave him unmarked whilst you double up on Berba

You could leave all our forwards unmarked as until Schwarzer stops lumping high balls forward and/or we get some centre halves and midfield players that can pass the ball forward then our forwards, with or without Bent, are redundant

CurryForMario

We
Quote from: FFC73 on December 27, 2012, 09:40:19 AM

You could leave all our forwards unmarked as until Schwarzer stops lumping high balls forward and/or we get some centre halves and midfield players that can pass the ball forward then our forwards, with or without Bent, are redundant.

I agree, however if we sign a quality midfielder I feel our problems can very easily be redundant, and we can start playing some positive football once again.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

TonyGilroy

Schwarzer is lumping the high balls because he's constantly being given it by players who don't know what to do with it.

Mark's choices are to give it back or lump it.

We need a midfield who want the ball and know what to do with it. That's where it all goes wrong. That mixed with lack of confidence and leadership.

The real question to be asked is why Schwarzer is constantly being given the ball and the answer is that he's unmarked and it relieves the passer of responsibility.

westcliff white

we need a centre back and a couple opf midfielders, one of whcich needs to have quality passing abilities. no point in having ap layer like berbatov (or ruiz for that matter) and not be able to pass the ball to them. A striker is not apriority as I firmly believe with good passing service, berba, ruiz and petric will score the goals
Every day is a Fulham day

mr-ska

Quote from: ddeuce on December 27, 2012, 09:12:39 AM
To be honest, betting agents mean nothing in the world of football. It's all about people placing bets.

Bets got regularly closed on us and Jordan Rhodes last season.
I know..  i was just saying what id seen in The Sun this very morning.   not the ?  in my original post..

I just want Petric fit and given a run... hes done more in the last 4 games than Rodders  and he's on played 20 mins..

leonffc

Quote from: TonyGilroy on December 27, 2012, 09:57:08 AM

Schwarzer is lumping the high balls because he's constantly being given it by players who don't know what to do with it.

We need a midfield who want the ball and know what to do with it. That's where it all goes wrong. That mixed with lack of confidence and leadership.

The real question to be asked is why Schwarzer is constantly being given the ball and the answer is that he's unmarked and it relieves the passer of responsibility.

+1

People really need to look deeper than what the eye first sees.
Schwartzer seems to be the latest scapegoat. Players just aren't confident enough to take the ball under pressure at the moment.

DukeTyrion

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 27, 2012, 09:16:46 AM
NAP IN BETTING TERMS just means the best bet of the day or whenever. Comes from a French Card Game meaning a good hand.

Or is the word pan reversed. As in Bent will be panned when he comes here. 064.gif

NAP is short for Napoleon (from the card game as mentioned)

Max Headroom

Bent is a £20m striker we could possibly get for £5 to £10m.  Good business

Logicalman

Perfectly correct.

In Wednesdays game Helga had 100% pass rate to Mark, and about a 50% pass rate to all others, and he constantly points to Mark when others in the back line get the ball.

Is this Helga's fault? He IS the captain after all, and unless he is following MJ's orders, and doesn't have there wherewithal to tell MJ it's not working, then it's down the MJ, but unless one of the back four (at least) starts to speak up, then come next season we will be in the Championship and MJ will be off on his toes to warmer climes.

In Wednesdays match all I saw were players that wanted to get rid of the ball asap, and the number of balls played to players who had no chance of controlling it and losing their marker was awful. Baird was as guilty as anyone of that. The only other type of pass seemed to be a lump it upfield kind, that - invariably - just gave the ball away. Checkout Helgas forays forward, he would take the ball 30 yards, just to pass it square, or even backwards again!

Blame Mark if you wish, blame him for letting in 'easy' goals, but unless a keeper has a confident and competent defence in front of him, doesn't matter how good he is, he will ship goals until the cows come him.

SaltfordWhite

Quote from: Logicalman on December 27, 2012, 12:46:10 PM

Perfectly correct.

In Wednesdays game Helga had 100% pass rate to Mark, and about a 50% pass rate to all others, and he constantly points to Mark when others in the back line get the ball.

Is this Helga's fault? He IS the captain after all, and unless he is following MJ's orders, and doesn't have there wherewithal to tell MJ it's not working, then it's down the MJ, but unless one of the back four (at least) starts to speak up, then come next season we will be in the Championship and MJ will be off on his toes to warmer climes.

In Wednesdays match all I saw were players that wanted to get rid of the ball asap, and the number of balls played to players who had no chance of controlling it and losing their marker was awful. Baird was as guilty as anyone of that. The only other type of pass seemed to be a lump it upfield kind, that - invariably - just gave the ball away. Checkout Helgas forays forward, he would take the ball 30 yards, just to pass it square, or even backwards again!

Blame Mark if you wish, blame him for letting in 'easy' goals, but unless a keeper has a confident and competent defence in front of him, doesn't matter how good he is, he will ship goals until the cows come him.

HOORAY for folk showing some sense at last.

Although it seems that the mob are moving on to last weeks hero already...

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: leonffc on December 27, 2012, 11:13:57 AM

+1

Schwartzer seems to be the latest scapegoat. Players just aren't confident enough to take the ball under pressure at the moment.

Totally agree, and there I was thinking it was just me seeing the game different to everyone else

aussierod

Quote from: leonffc on December 27, 2012, 11:13:57 AM

+1

Tony Gilroy hits the nail on the head again

Schwarzer's distribution is poor but its being compounded by the CB and fullback's being constantly pressured as our midfield don't look to get the ball off them. Diarra will make a huge difference in this respect, as just like Bullard and then Murphy, he looks to get the ball played to his feet and then can link up with the wide men or into Berbatov's feet where he can then show his class. Berba's not the play we can ask to run into channels by our defenders and 'keeper as it's not using his skills/talent at all

So Mark isn't the major problem, its our inability to play through the middle of the park and offering us little alternative than to clear the ball out of our danger area
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts