watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol will get it right

Started by JackyFulham90, December 28, 2012, 10:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

You have to feel slightly sorry for Jol after the Norwich game we looked a really good side with a very good balance to the team, losing Dembele was a huge blow, also a big blow is Diarra not staying fit if he can bring in a good centre midfielder who can link play like Dembele did to feed Ruiz & Berbatov we will fly up the table

Mr K.Dilkington

:plus one:
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 28, 2012, 10:32:44 PM
You have to feel slightly sorry for Jol after the Norwich game we looked a really good side with a very good balance to the team, losing Dembele was a huge blow, also a big blow is Diarra not staying fit if he can bring in a good centre midfielder who can link play like Dembele did to feed Ruiz & Berbatov we will fly up the table
Although I think we need two CM's, I don't really know what the point of us bringing in Tavares on a free was!.
But we also need another good CB and maybe even a new LB to put some pressure on Riise, could go down the German route again with that one considering how good Riether has been, and finally maybe another striker with all this Bent speculation going around it's got to be true.
Foolish ham

CurryForMario

Oh how I would love a player like Zabaleta - versatile and can play anywhere in defence. Unfortunately he's found his way back into City's first team these past 6 months.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

JackyFulham90

Michael Dawson would be a great buy
Maybe Huddlestone or Livermore from Spurs
Henderson from Liverpool would be a great buy too

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 28, 2012, 10:32:44 PM

There's no evidence that Jol "will get it right".

Roberty

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 29, 2012, 06:51:02 AM

There's no evidence that Jol "will get it right".

As Oddball said "too much negativity" - "Friends of Fulham" - with freinds like us, our club doesn't need enimies!
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Roberty on December 29, 2012, 07:11:56 AM
As Oddball said "too much negativity" - "Friends of Fulham" - with freinds like us, our club doesn't need enimies!

This is a discussion forum. There will be positive and negative views about Jol, and how Fulham is being managed. We are not at war!

Roberty

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on December 29, 2012, 07:40:00 AM

This is a discussion forum. There will be positive and negative views about Jol, and how Fulham is being managed. We are not at war!

Thiis used to be a website that I enjoyed - now I hardly bother looking at it because I rearely read anything other than negative, unqualified remarks like the one you made.

I can't be bothered to check - but did you ever have something positive or more importantly, interesting to say?

nose

i think the headline was a typo, it should have read 'will jol get it right?'.
The answer is no.
He has been with us a season and a half, if he was gonna get it right it would have happened by now. the substitutions V southampton, the lamentable displays V QPR and Liverpool, Richardson, senderos, one win in 11 games, he hasn't got it right, he isn't getting it right and he will not get it right. He is the wrong man for the job. The blip of good results at the start of the season was just that.
Time for a change or else we will face a change of division.

Burt

Alternatively...

We have been unfortunate with injuries, and still have the issue which Jol inherited when he came here i.e. an old squad relative to most other teams in the league.

You can only be as good as the tools you are given to do the job.

Jol has a good pedigree and doesn't become useless overnight.

mangoputney

Quote from: Roberty on December 29, 2012, 07:48:34 AM

Thiis used to be a website that I enjoyed - now I hardly bother looking at it because I rearely read anything other than negative, unqualified remarks like the one you made.

I can't be bothered to check - but did you ever have something positive or more importantly, interesting to say?

current form since about.... hmmmmm nearly 12 games suggests very hard to be positive about dropping league position week after week after week
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Roberty

Quote from: mangoputney on December 29, 2012, 10:56:55 AM
Quote from: Roberty on December 29, 2012, 07:48:34 AM

current form since about.... hmmmmm nearly 12 games suggests very hard to be positive about dropping league position week after week after week

The song "You only sing when your winning" comes to mind.

nose

Quote from: Burt on December 29, 2012, 10:43:20 AM
Alternatively...

We have been unfortunate with injuries, and still have the issue which Jol inherited when he came here i.e. an old squad relative to most other teams in the league.

You make good points but I personally am very uneasy.  All teams are unfortunate with injuries, and I am still waiting to be convinced by the manager. But I really couldn't cope with the substitutions in the last game. he turned victory into a draw (could have been worse). The trick is to get the best from what you have, I don't believe that is what is happening.

At the moment the team is selected to accomodate one player and whilst berba is brilliant, he isn't that brilliant that he can carry the whole team. Berba needs to be sorted so that he holds his position; we need to make either baird or sidwell play as a proper holding player and he needs to give frei and kaka more time on the pitch. And at 1 up do not change the personnel.....

I am not sure that jol's record was that brilliant, i think he generally underachieved, we shall see.

Burt

Quote from: nose on December 29, 2012, 11:01:31 AM
Quote from: Burt on December 29, 2012, 10:43:20 AM
Alternatively...

You make good points but I personally am very uneasy.  All teams are unfortunate with injuries, and I am still waiting to be convinced by the manager. But I really couldn't cope with the substitutions in the last game. he turned victory into a draw (could have been worse). The trick is to get the best from what you have, I don't believe that is what is happening.

At the moment the team is selected to accomodate one player and whilst berba is brilliant, he isn't that brilliant that he can carry the whole team. Berba needs to be sorted so that he holds his position; we need to make either baird or sidwell play as a proper holding player and he needs to give frei and kaka more time on the pitch. And at 1 up do not change the personnel.....

I am not sure that jol's record was that brilliant, i think he generally underachieved, we shall see.

Don't get me wrong, I am also uneasy, our form is relegation form and the last 3 performances in particular have been as poor as I can remember.

I am just not convinced Jol is a poor manager, that he is the problem, and that firing him is the solution.

HatterDon

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on December 29, 2012, 12:48:55 AM
Michael Dawson would be a great buy
Maybe Huddlestone or Livermore from Spurs
Henderson from Liverpool would be a great buy too

tis a consummation devoutly to be wished, but I think Jol has a problem with English players -- too overrated, too expensive, too entitled. I can't think of an experienced English player he's bought except for Richardson.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel