watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match thread vs. Swansea - stockdale starts, as do briggs, and frei

Started by Zu-Meister, December 29, 2012, 02:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillNRoc

For all that, it's still the result that counts. Now one win in 12, this team is just not good enough.

Luffy86

Positives..... It was a tiny bit better than watching an Ian Branfoot team.....

..Kya.ffc..

If we had got 3 points and played like garbage I would be more worried than 0 points and the good 2. half we displayed.
We should have got atleast 1 point but their golie can take the credit.

But if we can carry our play from second half into the next line of games and with a few signings in january then we should secure our place in the league for next season.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: SaltfordWhite on December 29, 2012, 04:50:20 PM
The second half was better, agreed.  But really, Swansea haven't had much of a sight of goal at all.

I can certainly take positives from this performance compared to recent efforts, and I think that others should try to as well.

Positives, yes. We're more aggressive in front of goal in the second half. But if we don't make the net bulge, it's all flash, no cash. We should have come away with 3 points here, and we haven't. The End.

Lighthouse

Well poor keeping lost us that match and puts an end to the hope that  Stockdale could be our number one. We are short of a forward and a midfielder but Berbatov looks pretty but is no player for the scrap. Really sad because we deserved more from the match.

Looks grim sadly.

However the effort was there but too slow to go forward again.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

At the moment I'm in the 'I only give a sh*t about points' camp. One point from those two home games isn't close to good enough.

We're in huge trouble.

I'm always on the optimistic side than the other one, but with 23 shots you should be scoring more than one goal. Might have played better but same story. I can't see our next win.

Too many Saturdays have been ruined by this rabble this season. I'm sick of it.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Aaron

Looking on the bright side next season we get Millwall and Nottingham Forest away..  We will probably also still have a West London derby with QPR too.  Every cloud has a silver lining!

Mr Fulham

IranianCottager

Frei had probably his best game in Fulham, he was ok in the first-half but did well in the second.
Just wait for the next game if he doesn't perform as good as today, everyone here will want him off the team, lol.

RidgeRider

Quote from: IranianCottager on December 29, 2012, 04:53:04 PM
Note how Fulham's right-side was non-existant after Dejagah's subbing...

Dega is one of our current scapegoat's. You'll find mixed opinions on him. I thought he did fine today. We just lack a shedload of confidence.

fulhamguy

We were massively in the ascendancy and the subs kind of changed that. But we had no depth on the bench whatsoever.
COYW!

PokerMatt

Quote from: ..Kya.ffc.. on December 29, 2012, 04:54:06 PM
If we had got 3 points and played like garbage I would be more worried than 0 points and the good 2. half we displayed.

But if we can carry our play from second half into the next line of games and with a few signings in january then we should secure our place in the league for next season.

Really? I find that hard to believe.

It's a points based game and it's points more than performances that build morale in a team.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

RoyTund

Quote from: BillNRoc on December 29, 2012, 04:53:41 PM
For all that, it's still the result that counts. Now one win in 12, this team is just not good enough.

Not really much difference from the team put out at Arsenal is it?  What has changed is that they now lack belief.

JHunter_Fulham4Life

From your mouth to God's ears. MAF does need to loosen the purse strings, if only to give us a bench again. But as much as I love Martin, I think we need to hit the Reset button.

I repeat: Paging Mr. Hughes... paging Mr. MARK Hughes...

Lighthouse

Oh and some odd subs again by Jol. Didn't help us by taking the wide players off. Really odd.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RoyTund

Quote from: fulhamaustin on December 29, 2012, 04:55:38 PM
We were massively in the ascendancy and the subs kind of changed that. But we had no depth on the bench whatsoever.

We did.  I found it a bizarre bench to have.  However sticking Hangers up there said it all and made us worse.

CanadianCottager

I for one cannot wait to see Sinan Bolat in a green Fulham jersey, Schwarzer has been consistently shaky, and Stockdale cost us the game today without a shadow of a doubt

hongkongfulham

JHunter_Fulham4Life

Quote from: Aaron on December 29, 2012, 04:55:00 PM
Looking on the bright side next season we get Millwall and Nottingham Forest away..  We will probably also still have a West London derby with QPR too.  Every cloud has a silver lining!
Let's not go there -- not yet, anyway. We've done Great Escapes before, and with new talent in January, we can do it again... I hope.

..Kya.ffc..

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 29, 2012, 04:56:34 PM

Really? I find that hard to believe.

It's a points based game and it's points more than performances that build morale in a team.

Well you do have a point. Points would have been wonderful and well needed, but as I stated earlier all I wanted to see was heart, and that they where willing to die out there in the second half. They did not display  the "I don't give a sh*t attitude* so tbh. Im optimistic. With the chance we created then yes we should have got points but their golie coulden't have had a better game.
Beers may have been involved in this post.