watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

calm.

Started by michaelread, December 30, 2012, 07:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

Losing Dempsey was the biggest punch in the gut.  Not dembele, not Murphy.  Put aside how you feel about how he left us.  He was the X factor player.  He scored, he assisted, he distributed in the middle.  He played a ridiculous number of positions.   I love Dembele, but how many goals did he score, how many assists did he earn for us?  I respect Murphy no end and would like to see him manage the team.  Slow and predictable, but he was consistently accurate with his passing.

michaelread

Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 01, 2013, 02:19:06 AM
I must have gone to different games at the start of the season. Dembele only played twice for us, fairly average against Norwich but the team ethic showed up, and an absolute stormer up at Old Trafford when we saw the first woeful individual performances by those still underperforming. We were hoping he would see out the transfer window being average but as the final whistle blew to the relief of the Manchester faithful we knew that was that and he would be off. Are we really still referring to his departure as a key element in our current problems eighteen plus games on? Blimey if we are.

it is not his departure, its the nature of his departure. Leaving at the last minute under a release clause that the current manager did not apparently know about. We didn't have time to bring in a suitable replacement and we suffered because of this. Dembele is a player that you don't always notice, but he was outstanding for us in every match he played in the deeper role. He could keep the ball, tackle, muscle off opponents, as well as pass, and use his great turn of pace and dribbling skills to burst forward and create. Its ok to have a sidwell in your midfield if you have a dembele next to him. We don't and thats our problem, and its a problem for many premier league sides who struggle. This window could be the most important in the clubs history.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: michaelread on January 01, 2013, 06:44:56 AM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on January 01, 2013, 02:19:06 AM
I must have gone to different games at the start of the season. Dembele only played twice for us, fairly average against Norwich but the team ethic showed up, and an absolute stormer up at Old Trafford when we saw the first woeful individual performances by those still underperforming. We were hoping he would see out the transfer window being average but as the final whistle blew to the relief of the Manchester faithful we knew that was that and he would be off. Are we really still referring to his departure as a key element in our current problems eighteen plus games on? Blimey if we are.

it is not his departure, its the nature of his departure. Leaving at the last minute under a release clause that the current manager did not apparently know about. We didn't have time to bring in a suitable replacement and we suffered because of this. Dembele is a player that you don't always notice, but he was outstanding for us in every match he played in the deeper role. He could keep the ball, tackle, muscle off opponents, as well as pass, and use his great turn of pace and dribbling skills to burst forward and create. Its ok to have a sidwell in your midfield if you have a dembele next to him. We don't and thats our problem, and its a problem for many premier league sides who struggle. This window could be the most important in the clubs history.
I'm pretty sure that Jol was confident of not losing Dembele due to a 'high' release clause and therefore DID know about it. I seem to remember him saying about it being high and therfore not an issue. In other words I think he believed that no one would trigger the clause once manure stated there were not going to.

filham

Look at the fixture list,we have but nine matches left to play at the Cottage which include Spurs, Man.U.,Chelsea and Liverpool and we need 19 points for safety.

Remember we don't do away wins so it is really difficult to imagine where the points are comming from.

Absolutly essential that this week we get long awaited replacements for Dembele and Dempsey.

The effect of Dempsey leaving has been underestimated , just think of all the different players we have tried in the wide left position this season, Kaca, Frei, Richardson, Rodallega, Duff, Dejegah, Ruiz and Karagounis.