watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

MOTD

Started by TommyBarrs, January 02, 2013, 02:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyBarrs

Okay, Here to talk about the Pundits on match of the day. Just to say it i hate them with a passion, I think for some reason they do not like Fulham Football Club. Was no talking about that penalty or showed the clip or it on Ruiz, Which was a blatantly penalty, and only person spoke of was Berbatov. Yes he played well He made hes own goal by a lovely pass to A.Dejaga or how ever you spell it, made a class run scored that's what he is paid to do. No talk of Sidwell, hughes, Dejaga, kaca.... Everything Berbatov, Surely when our players watch MOTD they feel a bit hard done by, Seems Berbatov is out shining all our players, listen i am not knocking Berbatov hes a world class player, but dame 1 player does not make the team and is seriously bugging me. Ruiz pass to Kaca if that was Carrick, Gerrard, Lampard it would be raved about.

Happy New Year Fulham fans

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: TommyBarrs on January 02, 2013, 02:42:50 AM
Okay, Here to talk about the Pundits on match of the day. Just to say it i hate them with a passion, I think for some reason they do not like Fulham Football Club. Was no talking about that penalty or showed the clip or it on Ruiz, Which was a blatantly penalty, and only person spoke of was Berbatov. Yes he played well He made hes own goal by a lovely pass to A.Dejaga or how ever you spell it, made a class run scored that's what he is paid to do. No talk of Sidwell, hughes, Dejaga, kaca.... Everything Berbatov, Surely when our players watch MOTD they feel a bit hard done by, Seems Berbatov is out shining all our players, listen i am not knocking Berbatov hes a world class player, but dame 1 player does not make the team and is seriously bugging me. Ruiz pass to Kaca if that was Carrick, Gerrard, Lampard it would be raved about.

Happy New Year Fulham fans

+ 1
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

EJL

The rest of the team gets little to no praise. It's all "he's in a class of his own" or "best player on the pitch".

I can't remember the journo or paper, but someone said that Berbatov was our best player "by a country mile" in the Swansea match. Absolute bollocks. These people see one or two incredible touches by Berbatov and then have him down as man of the match. It's just lazy journalism.

HatterDon

Quote from: EJL on January 02, 2013, 03:05:12 AM
The rest of the team gets little to no praise. It's all "he's in a class of his own" or "best player on the pitch".

I can't remember the journo or paper, but someone said that Berbatov was our best player "by a country mile" in the Swansea match. Absolute bollocks. These people see one or two incredible touches by Berbatov and then have him down as man of the match. It's just lazy journalism.

It is indeed lazy journalism. All they are doing is listening to Jol and repeating what he says at press conferences.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Jags

They may have not shown 'all' the highlights including the West Brom attack right at the very end but these highlights are very brief & Dion Dublin to my knowledge gave us a brief but glowing review. If you want in depth where the pundits actually have time to talk about each side in detail then Match Choice on Sky is your best bet. What I have noticed much to my annoyance is that whenever we are on TV we aren't the team that are being focused on. Whether its Liverpool, West Brom or even the Newcastle game where we were at home yet the focused mainly on Newcastle's plight down the table. As Fulham fans we should be happy & focused on the teams progress & support the boys in what they're trying to do. Fair play to Michael Owen who on Twitter stated that result of the day for him was the West Brom v Fulham game.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: HatterDon on January 02, 2013, 04:34:00 AM
Quote from: EJL on January 02, 2013, 03:05:12 AMThe rest of the team gets little to no praise. It's all "he's in a class of his own" or "best player on the pitch".

It is indeed lazy journalism. All they are doing is listening to Jol and repeating what he says at press conferences.

It is probably that. But people should as well remember, that while they witness Berba's skills every week, most do not. They get to see an odd Fulham game here and there, so they simply recognize what they see.
It seems repetitive , but only to those following Fulham. I see nothing wrong with it.
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RaySmith

The Guardian , the paper I read, also highlights Berba. In fact, he topped a poll of readers' ratings for the best player in the first half of the season, and there are often photos and bits about him on the website.

It doesn't bother me, though - at least Fulham is getting attention. I can see why Berba is considered newsworthy - a player of that pedigree goes to Fulham, where he might be anticipated to take it easy, coast along wth a few touches of his old class, a bit like George best , say - and he is actually very committed, and playing a pivotal role at Fulham, as well as being the type of uniquely talented player that  the general public wants to see and talk about.

If Berba was, or becomes, a flop - don't worry - we'll soon hear all about that as well, and that will be highlighted.

On MOTD, there is only a short time to talk about the likes of Fulham , that's how it is, so other aspects of our display weren't talked about - though Lawro said it was a good performance - and Ruiz and kaca's  great play in the second goal was plain to see, as well as many other  good diplays from those in a white shirt.

The possible pen wasn't highlighted because it wasn't a talking point of the game, as it might have been if WBA equalised or won, when Jol might have talked about it, and then MOTD may have examined it - it should have been a pen, I think.

However, as Fulham fans we should  just bask in a very important and deserved win, which we should , hopefully, use as a base to buld towards a good second half of the season - who cares what the media say about us.

Lighthouse

It is a fact of life, the showy, look at me types get all the press. Berbatov is brilliant at times but his usefullness to the team is nowhere near his importance to the press. We have to play a certain way with him in the team and that is fine but at times it diminishes what the team can do. Break aways, players leading the line etc.

The man is great but in the last two games he was not the puppet master as the press and many fans like to think of him. He cuts a few strings as well and sometimes leaves us dangling.

But he is good to watch.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

Mr B wouldn't let me watch MOTD so will have to watch on i- player today :-(
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

grandad

Because of his strong Dutch accent Jol does not come over very well in interviews. Mind you neither does Redknapp as he doesn´t speak much English either.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFCfan

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2013, 08:25:47 AM
It is a fact of life, the showy, look at me types get all the press. Berbatov is brilliant at times but his usefullness to the team is nowhere near his importance to the press. We have to play a certain way with him in the team and that is fine but at times it diminishes what the team can do. Break aways, players leading the line etc.

The man is great but in the last two games he was not the puppet master as the press and many fans like to think of him. He cuts a few strings as well and sometimes leaves us dangling.

But he is good to watch.

So if Berbatov wasn't here would we be higher in the table? I thought he was part of the team as well!

F(f)CUK

My favourite moment was MOTD highlighting how far Berbatov meandered for his goal. If they'd done that for most of the game the yardage would have been in single figures.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FFCfan on January 02, 2013, 09:04:46 AM

But he is good to watch.

So if Berbatov wasn't here would we be higher in the table? I thought he was part of the team as well!

We would have to play in a different way and we may well find that the TEAM performs better without him. Whenever a team has one or two players (Best and Marsh or Bullard or whoever) who play a major role in a team. It is often a role that dictates the way the team play  and takes away from what would best suit the team. Not always the case but a point to consider.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFCfan

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 02, 2013, 09:12:44 AM
Quote from: FFCfan on January 02, 2013, 09:04:46 AM

But he is good to watch.

We would have to play in a different way and we may well find that the TEAM performs better without him. Whenever a team has one or two players (Best and Marsh or Bullard or whoever) who play a major role in a team. It is often a role that dictates the way the team play  and takes away from what would best suit the team. Not always the case but a point to consider.

Do you really think that we play this slow motion football, because of him? I always thought the reason was the departure of Dembele, Dempsey and Murphy. If we can bring some replacements of their caliber there would be no need for Berbatov or Ruiz to drop so deep in midfield and try to organize the game. I dont think Berbatov always fancy to drop deep and take the ball, I believe he has been asked to do so. He is a #9, maybe not a typical like Bent, but still he was a 9 at united and spurs!

MJG

Lets face it you don't watch MOTD for deep Analysis.
I would recommend finding and watching Sky Sports and Gary Neville's excellent half season review which was on the other day.

Airfix

Listened to the game on 5Live.  Kevin Kilbane was the pundit and he said that it was the first time he'd seen Dejagah and was very impressed with him.  He oohed and aahed at his skills quite a lot over the course of the game.

rusty shackleford

Its annoying because people who didnt watch the entire game will say things to me like "Yous were lucky against WBA, they were all over ye" based on 2.5 mins of MOTD footage, where in reality we deserved to win

Although they did have Stockdale and Kaca in their team of the day

Burt

It can be quite deceiving... Mrs Burt unusually watched the MOTD highlights and based on the few minutes shown said that we were lucky to win, then the match stats came up after which had us with more possession, and then one of the pundits (Dublin, I think) saying that we had been "good value" for the win.

CurryForMario

Every single Fulham game this season Berbatov has been man of the match, I just don't think it's fair. I feel they should accept that his first touch is better then everyone elses and start to give others some recognition from time to time.

HOWEVER. With all the focus on Berbatov, hopefully it'll mean none of our players will get nagged in January, which is a good thing.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

epsomraver

Quote from: CurryForMario on January 02, 2013, 10:09:30 AM
Every single Fulham game this season Berbatov has been man of the match, I just don't think it's fair. I feel they should accept that his first touch is better then everyone elses and start to give others some recognition from time to time.

HOWEVER. With all the focus on Berbatov, hopefully it'll mean none of our players will get nagged in January, which is a good thing.

I think you will find that is not true, Sidwell has been for a couple I believe.