more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Saturday Fulham Stuff (05/01/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 05, 2013, 04:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Jol is up for the Cup ahead of Blackpool clash

Fulham manager Martin Jol has pledged to name as strong a side as possible as he looks to progress in a competition close to his heart.

Mahamadou Diarra, Mladen Petric, Mark Schwarzer and Damien Duff all miss out on the clash through injury, while Stephen Kelly and John Arne Riise are also unavailable.

"I love the competition," he said. "When I played in England with West Brom it was always special.

"Most of the time, if not all the time, they were sell-outs and for a lot of teams a reason to spark up your season, to do something nice. That is what I always thought of the FA Cup."

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/jol_is_up_for_the_cup_ahead_of_blackpool_clash_1_1782812

WhiteJC

Jol makes first January signing as promising FC Twente midfielder David joins Fulham

Fulham have signed FC Twente midfielder Chris David at the second attempt.

Manager Martin Jol missed out on the 19-year-old last summer after he failed a medical and did not return to fitness in time by the close of the window.

Fulham have closely monitored his progress, however, and rekindled the deal in early December before completing it this morning.

Signing on: The Dutch international has agreed a four year contract at Craven Cottage

David's opportunities at FC Twente have been scarce after he refused to sign a new contract at the club which paved the way for his move to Craven Cottage.

'He is here,' Jol said of David. 'He has signed and he is here.

'He trained with us this morning. He is 19 years of age, player of the year of all the academies in Holland.

'He is an exciting talent but he will need at least six months of a year to adapt, but hopefully he will do it quicker. He is a very, very good talent.

'People say Ajax were interested and I imagine there will have been other clubs who were interested in him.

Straight in: David could make his debut for the Whites in tomorrow's FA Cup clash with Blackpool

'We are very happy to get him. Maybe you can remember there was a little worry with his medical check on the last day of the transfer window so we decided not to do it.

'We took more time and that was a little problem for the boy because he couldn't play.

'First we have to get him fit and after that you will see he is an international player at all levels so I am very happy we have got him.'

Thoughtful: Jol's side have endured a difficult patch with only two wins in their last ten Premier League matches

Meanwhile, Jol also confirmed former Middlesbrough midfielder Mickael Tavares is to leave the club after being brought in on a month-to-month basis in October.

'He was a great pro and I knew him from Hamburg, but he was a back-up player,' the Dutchman said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257172/Fulham-sign-FC-Twente-midfielder-Chris-David.html#ixzz2H4Wo8Xqa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

QPR and Fulham lead chase for £3m Huddlestone with Livermore also available

Tottenham are willing to listen to offers for midfielders Jake Livermore and Tom Huddlestone.

Spurs are unlikely to allow Huddlestone, 26, to leave on loan, but a bid of around £3million could prove successful.

Hair-raising: Huddlestone is wanted by both QPR and Fulham

Fulham, who finalised a four-year deal on Friday for FC Twente midfielder Chris David, 19, would be keen to take Huddlestone on loan but Craven Cottagers boss Martin Jol will face competition from Harry Redknapp, who wants to bring in at least four players to aid QPR's survival battle.

Redknapp has alternatives such as Momo Diame, 25, at West Ham and Yann M'Vila, 22, at Rennes, but the ex-Spurs boss wants players who will make an immediate impact.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2257349/Tom-Huddlestone-wanted-QPR-Fulham-Jake-Livermore-available.html#ixzz2H4XreGup
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WhiteJC

Kirk Broadfoot planning to keep Berbatov quiet

KIRK Broadfoot is relishing the prospect of making his FA Cup debut when Blackpool face Fulham this afternoon.

The 28-year-old is expected to be in Michael Appleton's side at Craven Cottage and the defender is hoping to test himself against Dimitar Berbatov once again. The ex-Rangers centre-back has featured in the Champions League during his time in Glasgow – and kept Berbatov quiet when the Ibrox side welcomed Manchester United to Govan in 2010 – but appearing in the oldest knockout competition in the world is still something to savour for the Scot.

"It's a big trophy and a competition that I have always watched when I was in Scotland," he said. "I'm really looking forward to it. It's always good to play against a team like Fulham and to test yourself against some of the best players in the world – and you can definitely say that about the likes of Berbatov. He's definitely up there.

"We'll go there looking to do well. It will be a difficult game and obviously Fulham are favourites, but I know the manager will have us well drilled and ready to go."

Ipswich, another npower Championship club who are travelling to face Premier League opposition, are expected to make wholesale changes to their side for the trip to face Aston Villa.

The Tractor Boys have won five of their last eight games and could give Paul Lambert's struggling Villa side a scare, but manager Mick McCarthy has admitted he will not be picking a full-strength team.

"I'll be making changes to the team, some that have been forced on me and some that are through choice," he said. 
"We haven't been given permission for Hendo (Stephen Henderson) or Bradley (Orr) to play, and of course DJ (Campbell) has gone back (to QPR), so there are three changes I'll have to make, but I wanted to give a few of the other lads in the squad a game, because I haven't had the chance to have a proper look at them in a competitive fixture yet."

Meanwhile, former Livingston and St Mirren defender Scott Cuthbert is confident Leyton Orient can pull off an upset away at Hull.

The Tigers are flying high in the Championship as they aim for a return to the Premier League, but former Scotland Under-21 player Cuthbert believes the Os, who have won nine of their last 11 games in all competitions, will give Steve Bruce's side a scare at the KC Stadium.

"I think it's a good game for us, an away tie in a nice stadium with a nice pitch," said the 
Brisbane Road defender.

"They're flying at the moment and are up towards the top of the Championship, so not many people will expect us to go up there and get a result, but we 
expect it.

"We feel that on our day we're good enough to match anyone, so we're looking forward to it."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/top-football-stories/kirk-broadfoot-planning-to-keep-berbatov-quiet-1-2720100

WhiteJC

NO FULHAM MOVE FOR VEGARD FORREN

FULHAM'S Martin Jol has signed highly-rated FC Twente teenager Chris David, but insists there has been no approach for Molde defender Vegard Forren.

"There is always speculation and nothing has happened," said manager Jol.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/368756?