watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Douglas.

Started by malcbridger, January 08, 2013, 12:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcbridger

Is he still on our radar? The sun (yes I know!) mention that we are in for him at 3 mill quid to replace Hangeland, should he leave?

It would be fantastic if we are able to keep Brede and sign Douglas, especially as Senderos could be on his way out.

If not, how about looking at Johnny Heitinga, who is unhappy at Everton and shares the same agent (Rob Jansen) as

Maarten Stekelenburg? It will all unravel eventually.

EJL

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we have missed the opportunity to sign Douglas

Admin

And it will end up being the same situation as Dembele', he'll leave late doors and it'll be Senderos or Baird covering that position until the summer. Like above, I think we've missed the boat on Douglas but what I would add is that we've gone all quiet on the Madlung front.

malcbridger

Good point, I completely forgot about the Madlung link.

Admin

Quote from: malcbridger on January 08, 2013, 01:24:02 PM

If Brede goes, he goes, unfortunately that's football but what I do expect from Fulham this time around is that we get our ship in order before it happens. Anything like the Dempsey and Dembele' saga again and I think fingers will need pointing.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Admin on January 08, 2013, 01:33:50 PM

If Brede goes, he goes, unfortunately that's football but what I do expect from Fulham this time around is that we get our ship in order before it happens. Anything like the Dempsey and Dembele' saga again and I think fingers will need pointing.

But we shipped out both Dempsey and Dembele for £22m+ in the summer. The only bad part was we didnt replace the midfield.

malcbridger

The centre of defence (which is also looking pretty thin on the ground) needs looking at urgently. If we were to lose Hangeland/Senderos, that would leave us with Hughes, Baird (not a centre half), and what, recall Dan Burn from Yeovil?
O.K, we have around 3 weeks to go in the transfer market but central midfield AND centre of defence is a worry.

MasterHaynes

How about a swap Senderous and a couple of £m for Douglas? I must admit i would have like to have seen Burn given a couple of cameo appearances at the end of the season to see what he could do. Yeovil clearly think a lot of him.

JackyFulham90

Douglas would be such a great signing if we pulled it off, with or without Hangeland he would be quality for us

Admin

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 08, 2013, 01:48:07 PM

But we shipped out both Dempsey and Dembele for £22m+ in the summer. The only bad part was we didnt replace the midfield.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this. Yeah, we shipped out D & D for £22 million but we also failed to replace them. Great business, just poor player management. I just hope that if Brede is stalling on a contract and is at risk of jumping ship late doors in January that Fulham cover their ass this time.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Admin on January 08, 2013, 02:33:00 PM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 08, 2013, 01:48:07 PM

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this. Yeah, we shipped out D & D for £22 million but we also failed to replace them. Great business, just poor player management. I just hope that if Brede is stalling on a contract and is at risk of jumping ship late doors in January that Fulham cover their ass this time.

I'm just saying that I dont think it is exactly like the Dembele and Dempsey saga.

Max Headroom

With six months left on his contract only Brede wouldn't sell for that much, so if he doesn't sign we should keep him till the summer anyway ;)

cebu

I think you'll find that Fulham isn't the only club with an iron in the fire - would be a very decent signing, if it happens.