more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov - Quality player

Started by BaggiesLad, January 06, 2013, 07:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BaggiesLad

Hey guys, West Brom fan in peace here.

I was at the New Years Day game and I saw Berbatov for the first time. Truthfully, up until I saw him in the flesh I thought he was useless. I always wandered how this guy managed to play Premier League football. Well I was well and truly answered at The Hawthorns!

He really is a class player. His movement, his touch, the way he instructs other players, his finishing...and so on. I think he deserved to be Man of the Match at the game overall.

That's an outsiders view. How do you guys rate him?

Wimbledon_White

Safe to say he has a few fans down here in Fulham too mate!

TWFL

Welcome, always nice to hear "outsiders" opinions.

I'd say the general view here is that he is absolute class and its still quite amazing to see him in Fulham colours. Although, in recent weeks, a growing number of people have lamented the fact that we seem to play everything through him and we don't seem as much of a team as recently. Saying that Berba was stunning at yours and that was the main difference between the teams.

McBridefan1

See I'm the opposite I always thought he was one of the best, until he arrived here. Bit of a self promoter, but who isn't these days I suppose. His "instruction" of other players is horrible, based on the fact all our players played a much higher standard before he started "instructing" them. But most every other fulham fan will echo what you say. I don't think he plays well with others. But thank you for your opinion.

JackyFulham90

Berbatov will not play well every single game not many players do but when he does like he did against West Brom twice, Arsenal, Wigan, Newcastle , Chelsea he truely is top class

The Doctor

I think he's going to become a divisive issue amongst us lot - some would say he already has.

That he has truly world-class ability is - in my opinion anyway - beyond dispute.  Every game he does some ridiculous bit of skill that makes you sit up and say "look at that..."

The questions come in when you consider his mentality.  Too often lately there have been hints that he sees himself as standing above the rest of the team.  The peak of this was the T-shirt message on Boxing Day which many people (myself included) didn't appreciate.  Then there's the little things like having a go at team-mates.  I'm all for players geeing each other up and tearing strips off each other where warranted, but sometimes Berbatov can come across as petulant.  As an example - during the game at WBA, Berbatov played the ball behind Sidwell and then had a go at Sidwell when he couldn't collect it.  It was one of those things that will happen during every game but no need to upbraid a team-mate.

To contextualise the above, it should be noted that - very much like WBA - FFC's recent success has been founded on having a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.  To some extent we're not used to having a stand-out talent in our ranks.

The other issue is that we're not using Berbatov to his greatest potential.  Too often he's coming back into midfield to pick up the ball which leaves us with nothing up top to capitalise on the possession.  Again, this was evident in the New Year's Day game.  Not that this is Berbatov's fault but it adds to the frustration with the team in general.

Anyway, that's my two pennys' worth.  Bet you're chuffed with your progress over the last couple of years?  Frankly, I'm amazed we doubled you this season.  Best of luck for the rest of the season (especially with the Cup replay!)

leonffc

I saw him in his early days for Spurs in a 3-3 draw and he ripped us apart. As well as his touch his pace really suprised me, he was and still is to an extent quicker than he looks. class!
When he went to ManUre I thought he went stale and thought he was finished.
He is back to being class here and we all love him (although there are concerns about his remonstrating at players sometimes).

He seemed to annoy alot of the crowd at the Hawthorns but seemed to enjoy being booed off.

And welcome Baggieslad, don't be a stranger. 'foriegn' fans are made welcome for their opinions as long as they are proFulham opinions ;-)
BoingBoing

CurryForMario

I thinks he so good, but feel he should shoot a bit more - he's almost too unselfish.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

BaggiesLad

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yeah he was the difference at The Hawthorns. I think our problem was, we just let him roam free, no one put a tackle in on him. He is a clever player.

Thanks Leon, Boing Boing lol  082.gif I think with the crowd at The Hawthorns, we were on edge because of losing and playing so poorly, and at times, Dimitar seemed to waste some time. Like when he won a free kick, he was holding the ball and not allowing the game to continue and when he was subbed he strolled off.

I can't say I blame him, I would have done the exact same thing. It's what happens when you're winning. Those around me were saying how much quality the lad has.

leonffc

I know a few Baggies and I've not met a bad one yet.
In terms of him roaming and no one putting a tackle in, every time I've seen him this year it has been the same, most notably Arsenal away. He can have three players around him but no one dares to jump in because he seems to have so much time, as well as skill, that he'll mug them off and make them look stupid

JackyFulham90

West Brom have had a good season so far you are in a good position for a top 10 finish hopefully we will too come May

Burt

Welcome to the board Mr BaggiesLad, my outlaws are Brummies so always good to take in a match there. That said, they are mostly of the blue type.

The Doctor sums it up well really.

It is unusual for us to have a player of such ability, I recollect a thread at the time he joined on whether this was the biggest signing in our history. My vote went to George Best....

Good luck for the rest of the season, always good to see the less fashionable clubs mixing it in the top half.

BaggiesLad

Thanks again  :047:

Now you've done the double over us I can say good luck to you guys too for the rest of the season lol  :beer:

Sorry, these emoticons are awesome lol

Thought you may appreciate this - my view of Fulham players celebrating your opener.

domprague

Adrian Chiles.

quote author=leonffc link=topic=27489.msg347792#msg347792 date=1357507004]
In terms of him roaming and no one putting a tackle in, every time I've seen him this year it has been the same, most notably Arsenal away. He can have three players around him but no one dares to jump in because he seems to have so much time, as well as skill, that he'll mug them off and make them look stupid
[/quote]
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

leonffc

Quote from: domprague on January 07, 2013, 10:50:42 AM
Adrian Chiles.

quote author=leonffc link=topic=27489.msg347792#msg347792 date=1357507004]
[/quote]

Aaaaah not actually met him though.

Although my mates Xmas work bash was upstairs in a place where ITV sport had theirs downstairs. When their free bar ran out they sneaked downstairs to sup itv's and my mate said Chiles is a nice bloke in real life.

vass_bg

Hi. I'm a fan from Bulgaria, near Blacksea. Congratulations for having Berba. If You only could clone him...You need Berba in the middle and for a striker you've never had. Say thanks to Sir Alex and don't be angry with Dimitar for moaning. He is just from different class.

Gozorich

My orthopedic surgeon is an avid West Brom fan and he recently fitted me with a second knee replacement; fortunately three days before the result at the Hawthorns!. :wine:

McBridefan1

Quote from: vass_bg on January 07, 2013, 02:17:40 PM
Hi. I'm a fan from Bulgaria, near Blacksea. Congratulations for having Berba. If You only could clone him...You need Berba in the middle and for a striker you've never had. Say thanks to Sir Alex and don't be angry with Dimitar for moaning. He is just from different class.

Oh, he is definitely a different class, one of the LESS variety. But he is a decent footballer, if only it weren't a team game. If Berba could clone himself no football would ever get played they would all be too busy complaining about how the other one is playing.  dbf Keep knockin them in and I'll keep celebrating but once he is gone...  :59: