News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We may be selling Senderos to raise funds!

Started by Bradstow, January 07, 2013, 12:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph

Quote from: epsomraver on January 07, 2013, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 07, 2013, 02:01:09 AM
His contact is up at the end of this season, so will be available on a free.

His time is up at SW6, mainly down to the popularity contest that takes place week in, week out.  It's a shame as I think he could have done a decent job for us, but I guess we'll never know.

You really think Jol looks on here and sees that people are slagging
off Senderos, rightly so most of the time and says " I won't play him today because he is unpopular with the forum"? get real!

Of course not, however he does see first hand the negativity surrounding the lad at home.  How are players expect to thrive when the home supporters boo them? 

epsomraver

Baird did, Gera did because they have the talent, he does not.

EJL

Quote from: Rudolph on January 07, 2013, 11:06:08 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on January 07, 2013, 10:53:35 AM
Quote from: Rudolph on January 07, 2013, 02:01:09 AM
His contact is up at the end of this season, so will be available on a free.

His time is up at SW6, mainly down to the popularity contest that takes place week in, week out.  It's a shame as I think he could have done a decent job for us, but I guess we'll never know.

You really think Jol looks on here and sees that people are slagging
off Senderos, rightly so most of the time and says " I won't play him today because he is unpopular with the forum"? get real!

Of course not, however he does see first hand the negativity surrounding the lad at home.  How are players expect to thrive when the home supporters boo them? 
Senderos has never been booed at home.

OdecaMynoT

Raising funds? Fulham will have to pay for anyone to take this chump.

Wouldn't trust him with a bog brush.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

PLB

Quote from: H3Matt on January 07, 2013, 09:20:03 AM
Jol doesn't have a transfer kitty of £20m. It's more likely to be £10m.
The reason why, is the payment for Dembele. Yes the buy-out was £15m, however, it's to be paid over 3 years. It wasn't £15m up front.

Not sure where you've heard this from? Surely we wouldn't have had to accept a bid unless it was £15m up front. I read that this was a cash deal - if it was over three years that is frickin criminal.

Admin

Quote from: PLB on January 07, 2013, 12:36:54 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on January 07, 2013, 09:20:03 AM
Jol doesn't have a transfer kitty of £20m. It's more likely to be £10m.
The reason why, is the payment for Dembele. Yes the buy-out was £15m, however, it's to be paid over 3 years. It wasn't £15m up front.

Not sure where you've heard this from? Surely we wouldn't have had to accept a bid unless it was £15m up front. I read that this was a cash deal - if it was over three years that is frickin criminal.

Most deals are these days. No club ever pays upfront. I think United are still paying us for Smalling and when ever he makes an international appearance, we get paid. The Dembele' deal was simple, bid 15 million and he can leave the club would have no say so over it what so ever. A contract is drawn up and then we agree with Spurs how we're going to get paid. could be half now, half next season.

Bradstow

If we really sell on the drip, what's wrong with spending the same way.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

St Eve

JBH

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on January 07, 2013, 12:22:55 PM
Raising funds? Fulham will have to pay for anyone to take this chump.

Wouldn't trust him with a bog brush.

He speaks highly of you too  fp.gif

cottage cheese

Quote from: Bradstow on January 07, 2013, 01:17:14 PM
If we really sell on the drip, what's wrong with spending the same way.

as we are not that secure in the sense spurs are. Finsh in the top four or win a cup then thats a huge fee coming their way. We could have one bad season and maybe end up getting relegated
Look at Aston villa over Bent, they at the moment cant afford to part with the 2million which they owe if he plays 1 or 2 more league games. Spurs have the cash to splash we dont considering we have a new stand coming soon

Obviously I am talking about fees in the 12-15 mil mark for the better players out there

FFC1987

Jol confirmed after Dembele was sold that they stumped the money upfront which was part of the clause so this 15m over set time is nonsense.

grandad

Money required for the new stand does not come out of the revenue account. It is a capital expenditure from a separate fund.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Admin

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 07, 2013, 01:44:23 PM
Jol confirmed after Dembele was sold that they stumped the money upfront which was part of the clause so this 15m over set time is nonsense.

Martin Jol has confirmed a lot of stuff in his short Fulham career but not all of it has turned out to be true. Last thing we knew, Dembele' was staying and I doubt he'd know 100% how Fulham conduct their finances behind the scenes.

Apprentice to the Maestro

They will be telling us next that we will need to sell the chickens to fund a transfer.

filham

I am fed up with all this money talk. Can't wait for this wretched window to slam shut so that we can concentrate on football.

rusty shackleford

Indeed

I also hate the inevidible twitter transfer talk whereby we are 100% signing someone only for it not to happen. But i cant not look at it. Im addicted

grandad

Quote from: filham on January 07, 2013, 02:10:10 PM
I am fed up with all this money talk. Can't wait for this wretched window to slam shut so that we can concentrate on football.

:bump:
Where there's a will there's a wife

Denzil Dexter

Quote from: rusty shackleford on January 07, 2013, 02:16:32 PM
Indeed

I also hate the inevidible twitter transfer talk whereby we are 100% signing someone only for it not to happen. But i cant not look at it. Im addicted

Agreed.  One minute we were as good as buying this young Turkish goalkeeper...now we're apparently 'monitoring the situation'! Its all bs

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Admin on January 07, 2013, 01:53:16 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 07, 2013, 01:44:23 PM

Martin Jol has confirmed a lot of stuff in his short Fulham career but not all of it has turned out to be true. Last thing we knew, Dembele' was staying and I doubt he'd know 100% how Fulham conduct their finances behind the scenes.

It was pretty damn surprising though wasn't it. 15 mill up front for a guy who only came into top form 'recently' in a new position who would be free in 10 months, able to talk in 4 or 5. Maybe me and martin fooled ourselves into thinking people didnt know just how good he is.