watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Should we take a chance

Started by The Swan, January 28, 2010, 07:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Should we take a chance on Victor Moses. So far the teams bidding are Nottingham F. WBA and Newcastle.
I have seen some of the goals that he scored for Palace and he reminded me of Clint Dempseys video when he played in the States.
I think we should puy in a bid for Moses.
The Swan

Steve_orino

Yes, I hope we're able to sign this guy or Okaka.  One of them but not both.

Smalling sold for 6, 8, 12, 14 million (not even sure anymore) after two years with us.  let's sign a forward and see what they can do for us in two years time...either on the field or on the business side of the field.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

mccscratch

I think he has more upside than Adam Johnson... Roy has done very well with the African style players...have to think he can get the most out of Moses and then we can sell him along for double what we would need to pay...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

FatFreddysCat

Now that Palace are in administration a cheeeky £2/3 million bid might just be accepted, he'd have to really flop badly for us  not to get our money back at least in the future, and if a hit we hopefully get a few good seasons and a good profit out of him.

Tonywa

Is it at all significant that the only teams bidding for him appear to be Championship sides?  I've not seen enough of him to form an opinion.  Anybody else?

os5889

20 scouts watched him last week, 2 bids....

You can bet your bottom that Mr Hodgson sent someone along.

I suspect there is a reason only 2 bids were placed.

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: os5889 on January 28, 2010, 10:16:38 PM
20 scouts watched him last week, 2 bids....

You can bet your bottom that Mr Hodgson sent someone along.

I suspect there is a reason only 2 bids were placed.

Good shout, must be a reason why Premiership clubs aint fighting for him.

Brede Butter Pudding

Of course there's a reason! In fact, I'm sure that more than two have been placed, but the club have only announced the bids from two championship teams, and why? Think about it, this is a perfect way for Palace to advertise him being cheap. Most premiership clubs would love to compete with championship clubs in terms of winning over a player, not only because they are often financially stronger but also because of the attraction of higher level football where he will be spotted on an unprecedented level. Advertising the two bids from championship clubs means bigger clubs will be attracted and thus could start some sort of bidding war. I'm sure Woy is potentially interested but I can almost guarantee he will not end up here. I reckon his most likely destination will be somewhere like Spurs, City or Arsenal who can offer him big wages. However, I did hear that he looks up to Ian Wright, and he has personally advised the lad to steer clear of clubs such as City where he will be a bench warmer. Even so I can't see him coming here, although I would go bananas if he did. In Woy i trust