News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We may be selling Senderos to raise funds!

Started by Bradstow, January 07, 2013, 12:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

Forget the merits of Senderos Fayed's purse is still bursting with Dembele/Dempsey money quite apart from little having been spent in the summer. Surely we have at least 20m available!

Huddlestone, Forren, Butland, Arshavin first. Then think about selling.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Bradstow

Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Admin

I don't get where people automatically think we've got 20 million to spend, it doesn't work like that. Firstly, there's a brand spanking new Riverside Stadium to build, God knows what the overall figure of that is going to be. Then there's paying off debts/monies owed to Fayed, don't foget we've started paying him back 10 million a season, starting from this season then there's money for the odd youth player we buy plus pumping money into the policy itself. You'll be lucky if we've got 5 million to spend this window plus what Jol brings in by clearing the deadwood.

TWFL

JackyFulham90

Forren won't come Jol has confirmed that
Bent would be great but unlikely
Butland possibly but we already have 2 good keepers
Arshavin good back up Ruiz but expensive wages so don't think that will happen
Huddlestone be a great signing

ZhenP.Senderos

Admin

Jol has said there will be no "marquee" signings in January and I honestly believe every word. I think we'll sign 2 players to plug the holes for 2-3 million each i.e a Huddlestone or Forgein player and that will be it. If a Bent is going to come to Fulham it'll be in the summer, not now.

Mr K.Dilkington

Foolish ham

JohnKovacs

Personally I don't think the sale of Senderos would add too much extra cash to the war chest.

What do you figure he would fetch?

ZhenP.Senderos

Quote from: JohnKovacs on January 07, 2013, 01:01:32 AM
Personally I don't think the sale of Senderos would add too much extra cash to the war chest.

Priceless ^^

Admin

Utility prices at best will be about 2 million.

Beefy

Thanks Admin. I guess it's better to get depressed now than surprised later.

Admin

Quote from: Beefy on January 07, 2013, 01:21:10 AM

I'm not saying we haven't got cash, I'm sure we have. We made a 4 million pound profit last season for the first time so that in itself is a step in the right direction. We're finacially stable as a club and the next step is to biuld on that, i.e. increase the capacity of the ground i.e. the Riverside Stand and gain more corporate revenue streams. I'm just saying that even if we sell 2 players for 20 million, it doesn't mean that figure is given straight back to the manager to spend. After this, that and few other bits and bobs we may only be left with 5-10 million. I also think that Jol see's it pointless to spend 'big' in this window as everything will be inflated. I think we'll only see a couple of 2-3 million pound players come in to fill the gaps and if we need backing, MAF will do it in the summer. 

Rudolph

Quote from: ZhenPSenderos on January 07, 2013, 01:13:02 AM

Priceless ^^

This.

Rudolph

His contact is up at the end of this season, so will be available on a free.

His time is up at SW6, mainly down to the popularity contest that takes place week in, week out.  It's a shame as I think he could have done a decent job for us, but I guess we'll never know.

Denzil Dexter

I'd love to see Huddlestone, Bent, Boeteng and a decent CB sign and we must keep hold of Frei and get Reither and Hangeland to pen a deal.

jarv

Senderos, how much? 2 pints of lager, a packet of crisps and an out of date track suit. :005:

H3Matt

Jol doesn't have a transfer kitty of £20m. It's more likely to be £10m.
The reason why, is the payment for Dembele. Yes the buy-out was £15m, however, it's to be paid over 3 years. It wasn't £15m up front. Plus Dempsey was £6m so £10m in this transfer window will be more realistic.

Don't expect too much this window. So far we've signed a youth prospect and a midfielder who can't play until at least February.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on January 07, 2013, 02:01:09 AM
His contact is up at the end of this season, so will be available on a free.

His time is up at SW6, mainly down to the popularity contest that takes place week in, week out.  It's a shame as I think he could have done a decent job for us, but I guess we'll never know.

You really think Jol looks on here and sees that people are slagging
off Senderos, rightly so most of the time and says " I won't play him today because he is unpopular with the forum"? get real!

cottage cheese

Quote from: Admin on January 07, 2013, 01:44:46 AM
Quote from: Beefy on January 07, 2013, 01:21:10 AM

I'm not saying we haven't got cash, I'm sure we have. We made a 4 million pound profit last season for the first time so that in itself is a step in the right direction. We're finacially stable as a club and the next step is to biuld on that, i.e. increase the capacity of the ground i.e. the Riverside Stand and gain more corporate revenue streams. I'm just saying that even if we sell 2 players for 20 million, it doesn't mean that figure is given straight back to the manager to spend. After this, that and few other bits and bobs we may only be left with 5-10 million. I also think that Jol see's it pointless to spend 'big' in this window as everything will be inflated. I think we'll only see a couple of 2-3 million pound players come in to fill the gaps and if we need backing, MAF will do it in the summer. 

100% correct. In fact the bbc did an article two weeks ago and we have since 2003 spent  on average around 2-3 million each jan window