Zat Knight
Zamora

Managers: Sanchez, Hughes.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

Quote from: Sheepskin Junior on January 08, 2013, 05:32:06 PM
Orlando Sa?
Not sure if it's possible to dislike a face like this:

Always gave his all in the few appearances he made. Great goal up at Norwich as well.

ron

Quote from: malcbridger on January 08, 2013, 01:45:17 PM
Ron, do you remember that 'brilliant' Stan Horne own goal?

Oh, I do !  He had the ball at his feet, thought better of passing forward, then turned round and called the goalie (I had thought that it was Macedo, but in an earlier thread on these learned pages, another contributor said that it must have been Webster), who came out to collect the ball (as the laws permitted then).

Attempting to be flash, Horne got his toe under the ball to flick it up into the goalie's hands, but of course flicked it over his head into the empty goal.

Truly cringeworthy, it makes me wince 45years on!

bill taylors apprentice

Ian Seymour,
Probably unreasonable of me but as a "so called promising young keeper" he was exposed by a poor team in front
of him and I always thought he was out of his depth.  
And don't get me started on Frank Large!

Holders

I have to disagree about Ian Seymour if you're saying he's someone you disliked.  A good keeper whose career was cut tragically short.

keith

Brian Williamson

Mike Pentecost                   Geoff Banton              Stan Horne            David Moreline

Wayne Kerrins                 Des Bremner          Cliff Jones

Johnny Byrne                  Frank Large             John Watson

There was nothing wrong with Byrne and Jones, they just signed for us when they were past it.

Travers Barney

Quote from: MOR : on January 08, 2013, 10:11:08 AM
Not disliked (apart from MARK COOPER) as such but just RUBBISH...

1. Perry Digweed - Discovered while playing parks football should have stayed playing parks football.

2. Jim Hicks - Gangly and just not good enough.

3. Kevin Hoddy - Just not up to 1st team standard and showed it when he played.

4. Mark Cooper - Probably the most hated Fulham player in history. Simon Morgan said "Cooper was not a very popular member of the squad". UNDERSTATEMENT

5. Geoff Banton - Positional sense and reading of the game not good enough.

6. Gary Elkins - Couldn't beleive he won youth caps for England, we must have been bad then.

7. Barry Friend - Although 2 stints at Fulham, he spent most of his career in the Isthmian League.

8. Trevor Lee - Made 1 appearence for Fulham and it was the last of his career...enough said.

9. John Watson - Lewington admitted he made a mistake signing him, how right he was..Rubbish.

10.  Colin McCurdy - Lacked pace for League football.

11. Wayne Kerrins - More non league than league.

Subs:
George Georgiou - No speed and crap ball control for an attacker.
Gary Cobb - A nightmare off the pitch by all accounts and rubbish on it.
Lee Barkus - Branfoot's blue eyed boy...says it all.
Junior Lewis - Tall and gangly midfield player who done nothing at Fulham.
Martin Ferney - Midfield player who's passing let him down and someone who Jimmy Hill thought the world of.

God we've had some rubbish at Fulham. I'd have all of hongkongfulham's team infront of mine...

MOR....Teale should be in front of Digweed I reckon for October 79 reasons alone!

coyw
We are the whites

Travers Barney

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on January 08, 2013, 02:26:56 PM
If anyone is wondering why Michael Brown has to be included:

Brown tackle on Giggs

A horrible player with no talent. Covered it by being a dirty, aggressive player which made him look 'committed'. I was embarrassed everytime he played for Fulham.

Appalling and yet quite remarkably people, though few in number, still subscribe to the view that this kind of competiveness is what we need

The tackle on Sean Davis at the Cottage was even worse.

Horrible as you say.

coyw
We are the whites

Holders

Dave Moreline, now there's a name from the past. An ineffective  right back who couldn't put in a sliding tackle (probably not even allowed now). Superseded, thank goodness, by John Cutbush.

St Eve

Frank Large, Stan Horne, Alan Pinkney, Zat Knight, Eddie Johnson, Phil Senderos

EJL

Brown tackle on Giggs

A horrible player with no talent. Covered it by being a dirty, aggressive player which made him look 'committed'. I was embarrassed everytime he played for Fulham.
Horrible player. He is everything wrong with the 'get stuck in' mentality in this country.

cebu

Quote from: EJL on January 09, 2013, 02:58:47 AM

Brown tackle on Giggs

Horrible player. He is everything wrong with the 'get stuck in' mentality in this country.

One of my favourite Fulham moments was reading that we got rid of Michael Brown.

A Humble Man

Peter Baah
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peter Baah
Personal information
Full name   Peter Baah
Date of birth    1 May 1973 (age 39)
Place of birth   Littleborough, England
Playing position   Winger
Youth career
1989–1991   Blackburn Rovers
Senior career*
Years   Team   Apps†   (Gls)†
1991–1992   Blackburn Rovers   1   (0)
1992–1994   Fulham   49   (4)
–   Northwich Victoria   ?   (?)
1998–2004   Indiana Blast   ?   (?)
2005   Cincinnati Kings   6   (0)
Total      56   (4)
Teams managed
2003–2004   Indiana Blast
2006   Minnesota Thunder (Assistant)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Peter Baah (born 1 May 1973) is an English former professional footballer. During his playing career, Baah played as a winger in England and the United States, before becoming a football coach.

[edit]Early and personal life

Baah was born on 1 May 1973 in Littleborough.[1]

[edit]Career

After graduating from the youth team, Baah made one appearance in the Football League for hometown club Blackburn Rovers during the 1991-92 season.[2] Baah then played for Fulham between 1992 and 1994, scoring 4 goals in 49 League appearances,[3] before moving to non-League football with Northwich Victoria.

Baah later played in the United States for the Indiana Blast between 1998 and 2004; he was also Head Coach from 2003 to 2004.[4] He also played for the Cincinnati Kings in 2005.[5]

Baah became Assistant Coach of the Minnesota Thunder in 2006.[4]

[edit]References

^ "Profile". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database.
^ "BLACKBURN ROVERS : 1946/47 - 2008/09". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
^ "FULHAM : 1946/47 - 2008/09". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Database. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
^ a b "Thunder adds reserve team in 2006". Our Sports Centre. 19 May 2006. Retrieved 4 September 2009.
^ http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2005/roster/2466028.html

This biographical article related to an English association football manager is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

epsomraver

Quote from: FF(C)UK on January 08, 2013, 05:42:54 PM
I have put a full 4 4 2 down, but in the order they came to me.

Jan Lastuvka (never made a save)
Steve Archibald (disliked his obvious underhand tactics during corners)
Cooper (forgot first name cost us 30k when we had no money and put in no effort - then always scored against us)
Ian Pearce (apart from Chelsea game never showed why he should be in the side)
Wayne Kerrins (a bit harsh, but I still have the sight of him being torn apart by Craig Johnstone engrained in my memory)
Ahmad Elrich (worst player in recent years truly dreadful)
John Watson (worst player ever)
Niclas Jensen (awful defender by the time we got him)
John Salako (put in sublime crosses to absolutely no one)
Steven Davis (sums up Sanchez era along with Bouazza and several others)
Tyrone James (first player my dad considered was not good enough to wear the Fulham strip - tainted by that really)

Managed by Sanchez - worst mistake we ever made. Almost worth Dempsey missing against Liverpool, allowing us to be relegated solely to get rid of him

You have got to be joking including Ian Pearce, fp.gif shame we haven't players like him who despite having an injured ankle played on see below

Pearce was praised as 'Best player in pre season' by then Fulham manager Chris Coleman. His admirable resolve was demonstrated when in a 1–1 draw against Portsmouth he played through a painful foot injury only to score an equaliser before time and secure a critical point for Fulham.[2]

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Snibbo

Frank Large - impossible to replace Alan Clarke but God Almighty he was never going to do it.
Peter Storey - a thug on and off the field
Michael Brown - see Peter Storey.

Funny, a few people have mentioned Stan Horne but my memory of him was that he was o.k.
Also Ian Seymour - one of the best and bravest goalkeepers I ever saw, until he lost his confidence. There was a picture of him after one match where he had consistently thrown himself at the feet of the opposition and he looked like he had 2 black eyes and a broken nose. I don't think he was ever the same again.

St Eve

Quote from: Snibbo on January 11, 2013, 03:06:43 AM
Frank Large - impossible to replace Alan Clarke but God Almighty he was never going to do it.
Peter Storey - a thug on and off the field
Michael Brown - see Peter Storey.
Funny, a few people have mentioned Stan Horne but my memory of him was that he was o.k.
Also Ian Seymour - one of the best and bravest goalkeepers I ever saw, until he
lost his confidence. There was a picture of him after one match where he had consistently thrown himself at the feet of the opposition and he looked like he had 2 black eyes and a broken nose. I don't think he was ever the same again.
I liked Seymour, but never thought much of Horne (I think we got him from Man City)

ron

...haven't noticed the name Terry Hurlock on this thread..surely worth a mention?

bill taylors apprentice

Radzinski, not complete rubbish, but boy was he frustrating most of the time.