Schwarzer fit.......

Started by Jambo, January 11, 2013, 05:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would YOU pick in goal tomorrow?

Schwarzer
Stockdale

farfouille

Quote from: FFC73 on January 12, 2013, 11:28:52 AM
I understand where you are coming from farfouille but....

this blame culture seems to forget the ineffective forward movement, passes and/or spurned opportunities by outfield players.  Had we been more effective in the final third in the Swansea game then Stockdale's error/s would not have cost us the game.

The forward problem still exists (Blackpool last week) but Stockdale has not made the same mistakes and his distribution at WBA and against Blackpool was more accurate and effective than Schwarzers.  No-one seems to be calling for Ruiz (hit cross bar when should have scored) or Berbatov (no.9 playing in the middle third) to be dropped now that Petric is fit so I don't see why Stockdale should be dropped instantly Schwarzer is fit

If there were better forward players in the team than Ruiz and Berbatov I would have preferred to play them instead, just like I prefer Schwarzer to Stockdale. Stockdale is the perfect sub and I think that Schwarzer should be N1 choice until Jol finds a replacement. And it seems he's looking for one.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

zander

I see no harm in giving Stockdale another game especially as Schwarzers experience will likely see him get the nod next week against City.

fulhamben

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on January 11, 2013, 07:01:41 PM
Until relegation is mathematically  not an issues, then you have to go with your strongest team, and I'm afraid in my opinion that's still Schwarzer, I feel less nervous when Schwarzer is between the sticks
funny that, as i see it the other way around and schwarzer makes me really nervous. stockdale for me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Duncs

Schwarzer for me. That fact that we appear to be chasing another keeper (according to rumours at least) would seem to indicate to me that Jol doesn't see Stockdale as his long term number one.

fulhamben

Quote from: Duncs on January 12, 2013, 12:36:02 PM
Schwarzer for me. That fact that we appear to be chasing another keeper (according to rumours at least) would seem to indicate to me that Jol doesn't see Stockdale as his long term number one.
or maybe he needs a number 2 for stockdale
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.