watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomorrow's Game Is Massive

Started by filham, January 11, 2013, 06:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

A win tomorrow is absolutely essential. Wigan on paper is probablly the most winable of our remaining fixtures, lose and we will be only 3 points ahead of them and facing a tough fixture list for the rest of the season. We will have but 8 matches left at the Cottage including Man.u., Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool and be in need of16 points to avoid the drop.

The news that Sidwell is unlikely to play is a blow, not sure who will play on our weak left flank but realy we should win this one. If we can't beat Wigan at home then who can we beat.

Essential that we all get behind the team tomorrow.

CurryForMario

Completely agree. Let's give them a lift from the very first kick.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

jmh

Quote from: filham on January 11, 2013, 06:44:13 PM
We will have but 8 matches left at the Cottage including Man.u., Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool and be in need of16 points to avoid the drop.
Given that after tomorrow's game most teams will have played 22 and have 16 left, having 8 home matches still to play is typical and not a cause for panic.  And if there are matches against big clubs coming up (which you would assume there must be given that you will play just about everyone in your last 16 matches), I'd rather them be at the Cottage where we might get something out of them (we got 7 points from those four matches last season) than on the road where that's much less likely.  (Though, to be fair, we got 5 points from the road matches against those four last season, so I guess you never know.)

All that being said, against Wigan at the Cottage really is a match we should be getting three points from. 

Travers Barney

Quote from: filham on January 11, 2013, 06:44:13 PM
A win tomorrow is absolutely essential. Wigan on paper is probablly the most winable of our remaining fixtures, lose and we will be only 3 points ahead of them and facing a tough fixture list for the rest of the season. We will have but 8 matches left at the Cottage including Man.u., Chelsea,Arsenal and Liverpool and be in need of16 points to avoid the drop.

The news that Sidwell is unlikely to play is a blow, not sure who will play on our weak left flank but realy we should win this one. If we can't beat Wigan at home then who can we beat.

Essential that we all get behind the team tomorrow.

Massive is the correct word Filham... we need the 25000 fulhamers in attendance tomorrow to will us on to victory from the 1st whistle.

Like Wigan Ath and my Grandfather played for them back in the day (they were called Wigan Borough back then) but lets not forget that they denied us the Championship back in the Adams season.

Hoping for a ruthless Fulham tomorrow.

coyw
We are the whites

JackyFulham90

Will be a tough game tomorrow they will be up for it Wigan, we should have the quality to get the points I wouldn't say if we lose we in trouble but if we want to finish in the top 10 we HAVE to win tomorrow

filham

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 11, 2013, 08:50:40 PM
Will be a tough game tomorrow they will be up for it Wigan, we should have the quality to get the points I wouldn't say if we lose we in trouble but if we want to finish in the top 10 we HAVE to win tomorrow
If we can't win against Wigan then make no mistake we are well and truly in a relegation scrap and it is hard to see where the 5 wins will come from that we still need.

The point is that we don't realy do away wins and we will have only four "should win " games left at the Cottage.

On the other hand beat Wigan, sign a quality player for centre mid next week and once again we could be thinking of a top ten place.

The Wigan game could, one way or another , be the cornerstone of our season.

TonyGilroy

This "don't do away wins" thing is a misconception because outside of the top 5 or 6 very few teams do win away.

As it is on the basis of away results only we'd be 10th this season.

JackyFulham90

A win tomorrow is huge for our hopes of a top 10 finish but.let's remember last season we didn't start showing great form till mid February and we finished 9th there is still a lot to play for this season

Senior Supporter

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 12, 2013, 10:37:25 AM

This "don't do away wins" thing is a misconception because outside of the top 5 or 6 very few teams do win away.

As it is on the basis of away results only we'd be 10th this season.

Yes, I made that same point on another message board a few days ago. At the risk of worrying some, I would also point out that Wigan are in the top ten based on away WINS alone.  :doh: