more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol Out

Started by PaulJ123, January 12, 2013, 05:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: The Moose on January 12, 2013, 06:46:06 PM
Jol to stay and Mo to back him in the transfer window.

+1

Give Jol the tools & he will do the job.
The most pressing positions that need attention is the whole of midfield. You can´t ask defensive players to be creative players. Ruiz & Berba should not be asked to play deep,we need them in the opposition penalty area not in the center circle.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Banstead White

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 12, 2013, 05:21:47 PM
Ugh. This place.

Most coaches would struggle to work with the players we have. He didn't choose to sell Dembele and clearly he has not been given any money to replace him. Him leaving alone is the difference between us sitting pretty and struggling for points.
Got to pick up that point.."Most coaches would struggle to work with the players we have"...
1) yep thats his job along with that team of coaches behind him...
2) looking around the Teams today our players (man for man) were equal or better than the opposition, a la Blackpool also I swiftly add.....
Fact is no matter which way you look at it our Team is very poorly organised - that can only fall to Jol to sort.
Roysie

theotherdembele

Jol is not the problem, he lost he's 2 best players and wasn't allowed to re-invest. He spent 5 mill in the summer and bought the likes of Riether, diarra, karagounis and Berbatov who are the only players who have deserved to wear a fulham shirt this season.

The problem is not with Jol its with the old guard he was left with not performing up to standards the likes of shwarzer, hangeland and hughes, I for one am still fully behind him!

Banstead White

Quote from: grandad on January 12, 2013, 07:09:03 PM
Quote from: The Moose on January 12, 2013, 06:46:06 PM
Jol to stay and Mo to back him in the transfer window.

+1

I dont beleive Berba is asked to play deep, I do believe the guy chooses where and how he play as it happens, I agree though that I dont have the faintest idea why he is sometimes on the half way line when the action is clearly occuring in and around the penalty area, sometimes my view is that he is only after the spectacular goals and is trying to get noticed for another big move to occur......?

Give Jol the tools & he will do the job.
The most pressing positions that need attention is the whole of midfield. You can´t ask defensive players to be creative players. Ruiz & Berba should not be asked to play deep,we need them in the opposition penalty area not in the center circle.
Roysie

LBNo11

...the fact that there are no plausible candidates for the managers post doesn't make the current manager any better does it? There may be a dearth of suitable managers to replace the current one but that is hardly Fulham fans' fault - that is something for the CEO and chairman to identify and source.

At the moment we have no choice, we hope Jol gets the money to get players to play the way he wants and that they actually understand and translate that on the pitch. We are in a precarious position and no Fulham fans want the team to fail but drastic changes to the way we are playing are required until Jol gets 'his' team...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

zzamora

I will admit that right now, I'd take 17th. I do still believe that we can get 15 points from 16 games...

I'm more worried with the lack of investment. Despite saying all summer that "funds were there" he never got backed in the way that he needed.

And so far he hasn't been backed this window either: look at West Ham. Their owners might be utter pricks, but they have brought quickly and early. Which is what we needed to be doing, a CM should've been walking through the door on Jan 1st.

TonyGilroy

We don't know what funds are available, who we're signing and whether for whatever reason the players we want aren't available.

What concerns me is that we've drawn at home to Wigan, Blackpool and Southampton and been second best in all three games despite having better players.

Where is the organisation? What evidence is there of effective or indeed any coaching?

Berbatov was amazing when he first played but look at him now. Utterly ineffective and seemingly demoralised and demotivated.

I really am sick of this and fear where it's going.

MJG

I will only say that at the end of the game you had Riether, Richardson, Karagounis, Dejageh, Dave, Ruiz, Berbatov all on the pitch. All his players.

zzamora

Quote from: MJG on January 12, 2013, 07:42:48 PM
I will only say that at the end of the game you had Riether, Richardson, Karagounis, Dejageh, Dave, Ruiz, Berbatov all on the pitch. All his players.

Oh come on, you know I mean serious squad investment: we have no midfield, need a cb and a gk.

I've already resolved that Jol has 5 games to save his job. After that, I will add my voice to the Jol Out camp.

LBNo11

...Berbatov has become increasingly pedestrian, he looks like someone who wishes he were somewhere else, a case of "I'm a celebrity - get me out of here"!

PS: @ Tony Gilroy, please get back to being positive and disagreeing with me, it's unnerving for me when you write like this...

Burt

The problem runs deeper than Jol, and I am not sure that firing him is the right answer as whoever comes in will probably have less of a track record than Jol but will still have the same players to manage. As some of them are past their best or simply not up to scratch there is no easy fix.

TonyGilroy

I don't see why these are difficult players to manage. I see confusion, bewilderment and lack of leadership rather than poor attitude and lack of effort.

We've had a run of matches against teams that we could and should have beaten and ended up with more points than we deserved.

Who are our coaches and what are they trying to achieve?

FFC_17

Totally agree with blaming Jol for a very big part of our problems.

In Holland (where i live) Jol has the reputation of being a short-term manager. Constantly looking for quick fixes, short term buys and loans. When he came to FFC i feared the worst, but at first he seemed to do decent.

Now the big players (Dempsey, Dembélé) have left, its clear to see that he has no clue whatsoever as a manager. What are they doing at training? There is no plan b, no patterns, no mentality. There are just kicking the ball around and hope for the best. We are being punished for that very hard.

Players like Hangeland, Ruiz en Berbatov should carry the team, but are totally out of confidence because the team has no ideas or platform to build from.

The players that Jol has brought in are all stop-gaps. Everybody could see that the team needed rebuilding after last summer, but he hasnt prepared at all. How on earth can you rebuild with a 30 year old German on loan, an ancient Greek and Mickael (lol) Tavares. You cant just sign a quality striker and rest all your hopes on him. Our team is ageing and short of quality and there has been no anticipation whatsoever!

Bring in a manager who is able to plan and build for the future. Under Jol i can see us get relegated.

Jack Fulham

I'm not happy with what I am seeing on the pitch but on the other hand, Jol hasn't really been backed in the transfer market after the sale of our two best players. It's concerning the amount of points we have dropped at home this season, especially against poor teams. Usually we can go the Cottage expecting a win, especially against weaker sides and even when the big boys come to town, we're in with a chance. Hasn't been like that at all this season. Fortress Cottage it is not. I don't think sacking Jol is the right option but something has to change.

LBNo11

...on reflection something tells me that maybe it shouldn't be Jol out, but Dick and Cock out..?

ZhenP.Senderos

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 12, 2013, 08:12:03 PM
...on reflection something tells me that maybe it shouldn't be Jol out, but Dick and Cock out..?

Their names are not a laughing matter!  064.gif

ron

Ladbrokes lay odds of 16/1 that MJ is the next Prem manager with his p45 .........

Jambo

Quote from: ron on January 12, 2013, 08:18:28 PM
Ladbrokes lay odds of 16/1 that MJ is the next Prem manager with his p45 .........

I think there is more chance of him walking out than him getting sacked
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

St Eve

I see a lack of investment. No team can survive the loss of the heart of their midfield and their captain in a few weeks without adequate replacement. 15 million in the bank and a drastic reduction in the wage bill. We got Karagounis, who is great and gives 100%, but he is 35. Who else do we have? An aging and often injured Diarra, an aging an often injured Duff, Baird who is really not a midfielder and a squad player, Sidwell who tries but is not good enough, Ruiz, who is good but often injured, Kaca who is good but is still learning, Frei who is good but is still learning, Dejhad (spelling) who tries and Richardson who normally doesn't try, is often injured and doesn't know what position he can play (the answer is none)
Our back 5 must be the oldest in the history of football at any level in any country. Of course we always have Senderos, one of the worst CB's we have ever had.
We have 3 forwards, Berbs who is brilliant on his day, Petric, who needs a run in the team because he is good and Rodders who is not good enough.

So go ahead and blame Jol if you want but no manager could do better if he doesn't have the players. The owner needs to invest. I hate Hughes and think he is a lousy manager but maybe he was right. We are a selling club with little ambition. Always have been. That's why it took us 40 years to get into the premiership.    

WayneKerrins

He won't get sacked. He is seemingly content to work with Fayed's lack of willingness to even reinvest the 15m net we brought in in the last 2 windows.
This will be deemed as heresy by many but why does fayed chase a man like Jol who is the polar opposite of a manager who can organize and motivate a side on the cheap which is what fayed clearly expects him to do.