watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

HOME Form - where has it gone?

Started by horse1031, January 11, 2013, 05:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

1 win in last 7 at home?  What happened to Craven Cottage being a fortress for us?

Injuries or is it something else?  We started out the year very well but it has all gone wrong now.

Our away form has always been terrible.  We need to get this figured out or we might not be in the premier league very much longer. :002:

New winning streak starts tomorrow against Wigan.  Come on you Whites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LBNo11

...I only have opinions, but not facts, only statistics. They neither prove nor disprove my concerns.

If in the current transfer window we do not buy/get on loan players to fill the obvious gaps and we are told that our current squad is good enough for the moment then I will be concerned; especially as people are quick to defend the manager for the tactics whilst apportioning blame to much of the players - who the manager thinks are good enough - but just can't get them to play how he wants them to.

In the last 18 months I have learned more so than ever before not to be complacent just because on paper our team 'should' beat their team.

Wigan at home 'should' be a win for us, but on current tactics/form a draw is likely. I have a lot of respect for Martinez, he gets his team to play football, and will have looked at all our weaknesses in detail and will exploit them as best as he can, he will probably hope we score an early goal so that we will break down our resultant deep defending and wear our defence down to making late mistakes...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

BestOfBrede

Senior Supporter

Quote from: horse1031 on January 11, 2013, 05:09:06 PM
1 win in last 7 at home?  What happened to Craven Cottage being a fortress for us?

Injuries or is it something else?  We started out the year very well but it has all gone wrong now.

Our away form has always been terrible.  We need to get this figured out or we might not be in the premier league very much longer. :002:

New winning streak starts tomorrow against Wigan.  Come on you Whites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our away form has not beem terrible. We would be equal tenth in the table based on away form alone.

CurryForMario

My first game at the cottage was against Wigan last year, with Senderos scoring the winner - been a fan ever since!

Let's put them to sword tomorrow!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Admin

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 11, 2013, 06:09:12 PM
:025: :55:

If you find this thread boring, or you simply don't agree, then please just pass it by or at least give your opinion. Please don't just post antagonising icons, thanks.  

MJG

I blame the lack of Clappers. Like them or loathe them they do work in generating noise.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Admin on January 11, 2013, 07:02:50 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 11, 2013, 06:09:12 PM
:025: :55:

If you find this thread boring, or you simply don't agree, then please just pass it by or at least give your opinion. Please don't just post antagonising icons, thanks. 
Ok I apologise for not commenting, as I can see that it may come across as you say. The reason I did is that to me it seems antagonising to wait until the day before a home game, and after the fact that many peeps are posting anti Jol, player and/or ownership messages, to post that we are poor at home? I am bored with all the negativity and will take your advice and scroll on by!

The Swan

In the last twelve games against Wigan we have won six and drawn six. Unless we start as well as we did against WBA I can see us coming away pointless for the first time. I do hope that I am wrong and we can have back to back wins in the leagus since September and our second double of the season.
The Swan

Berserker

Quote from: MJG on January 11, 2013, 07:05:59 PM
I blame the lack of Clappers. Like them or loathe them they do work in generating noise.

Unfortuanately the clapper i have on my study at home has Clint and Etuhu on!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nose

Good headline question.
IMO, Jol can't resolve three issues, the centre of midfield where we have no commanding prescence, if diara was more fit and more able to play 90 minutes it could have been him. second we have no captain on the field brede's form has suffered as captain and berba sulks and shouts, that is not being a captain. third jol struggles with berba and how to use him. currently he favours berba and ruiz but that often leaves us without any forwards, the team becomes disjointed/disorganised as a result. personally i would rest berba for a couple of games and play a fit petric at the front with rodellga in a classic 4 4 2. ruiz would play in a central midfield diamond with either sidwell or baird the holding player sitting just in front of the back four. I would restore JAR to LB and attempt to buy a central midfielder quickly. I suspect we score more, let in less and return to normality with every player knowing exactly what was expected of them. As wingers I would let Frei have more time on the pitch but share the two positions between kaka, frei and duff. I am not a great fan of the overly flashy dejagah, but if he can be coached out of that he has lots of talent.
I know most people believe we can't play without berba, but I am coming to the conclusion we may be way below our best with him, he is a great talent, one of the best we have seen but he is just not a good team player.

Burt

Time to re-build the Fortress Cottage of seasons past.

Our away record is traditionally mediocre, so any dip in home form has an impact on our overall standings, and our recent form has shown that in spades.

It would be good to get our second double of the season. However the two variables are which Wigan, and which Fulham, will turn up!

LBNo11

Quote from: LBNo11 on January 11, 2013, 06:05:04 PM
...I only have opinions, but not facts, only statistics. They neither prove nor disprove my concerns.

If in the current transfer window we do not buy/get on loan players to fill the obvious gaps and we are told that our current squad is good enough for the moment then I will be concerned; especially as people are quick to defend the manager for the tactics whilst apportioning blame to much of the players - who the manager thinks are good enough - but just can't get them to play how he wants them to.

In the last 18 months I have learned more so than ever before not to be complacent just because on paper our team 'should' beat their team.

Wigan at home 'should' be a win for us, but on current tactics/form a draw is likely. I have a lot of respect for Martinez, he gets his team to play football, and will have looked at all our weaknesses in detail and will exploit them as best as he can, he will probably hope we score an early goal so that we will break down our resultant deep defending and wear our defence down to making late mistakes...

...I do talk boring crap...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC