Main Menu

Man City fans refuse to turn up at Arsenal because of ticket prices

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, January 13, 2013, 03:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Burt

£62!

By the time you have paid for travel and a couple of jars that's £100 for 90 minutes worth of entertainment.

Quite a lot.

Mr_Moon

Arsenal have since sold them on to home fans.

Ticket prices in football is ridiculous. The sooner the bubble bursts the better.

Burt

Not just the ticket prices...

Transfer prices are ridiculous, and the fact that even an average premier league player can pocket £35k-£40k a week is scandalous.

Mr_Moon

If you click through some of the related articles at the bottom then one shows that Fulham has the most expensive pies in the league.

Not the pies too!

Wingnut

Fair play to them. I would refuse to go. We paid £35 which I consider to be acceptable.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

St Eve

They are getting beaten anyway so al least they have saved some money

CurryForMario

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 13, 2013, 03:22:39 PM
If you click through some of the related articles at the bottom then one shows that Fulham has the most expensive pies in the league.

Not the pies too!

I do enjoy our pies a lot though! And especially during the christmas period when it was buy one get one free!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

leonffc

Quote from: Mr_Moon on January 13, 2013, 03:11:22 PM
Arsenal have since sold them on to home fans.

Ticket prices in football is ridiculous. The sooner the bubble bursts the better.

I struggle to see how. Their ground has been. 3/4 empty all season desire their manufactured gates. They still count ST holders whether they go through the turnstiles or not.

And good on Citeh fans too. West ham are charged the earth to get in our games and boycott all our beers / pies. Fair play to them!!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Burt on January 13, 2013, 03:16:27 PM
Not just the ticket prices...

Transfer prices are ridiculous, and the fact that even an average premier league player can pocket £35k-£40k a week is scandalous.

Quite a bit of that comes to us taxpayers through taxation. I see very little problem with paying players huge wages, it's good for the country economically.

NorfolkJim

£67 is ridiculous. £35/£40 is also far too high for some. Maybe if they ever bring in safe standing it could be addressed but I rekon a lot of clubs would rather have 20,000 paying £50 a ticket than 40,000 paying £25.
I'm getting priced out of the game - I expect I'm not alone

EJL

Good game, though. Too expensive but great entertainment (not for an Arsenal fan).

Wingnut

Arsenal are going to get spanked here big time. Agree with the penalty decision but I would have given a yellow.

On a side note, anyone watch the analysis of the Man Utd v Liverpool game. I have no time for LFC or MUFC; I despise them both equally. I tune in to Sky sports expecting to get some intelligent neutral reaction to the game and all we get is his biased pro-LFC rubbish from Jamie Redknapp. Can Sky not afford to get some neutral person in to analyse the game?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

EJL

Quote from: Wingnut on January 13, 2013, 05:08:39 PM
Arsenal are going to get spanked here big time. Agree with the penalty decision but I would have given a yellow.

On a side note, anyone watch the analysis on the Man Utd v Liverpool game. Jamie Redknapp is one biased tosser. I have no time for LFC or MUFC; I despise them both equally. I tune in to Sky sports expecting to get some intelligent neutral reaction to the game and all we get is his biased pro-LFC rubbish. Can Sky not afford to get some neutral person in to analyse the game?
To be honest, I think Redknapp has got a lot better of the past two years. He'll always be hesitant to criticise Lampard or his Dad's teams, naturally, but other than that, I think he's been pretty impartial this season.

SP

Quote from: Wingnut on January 13, 2013, 05:08:39 PM

On a side note, anyone watch the analysis of the Man Utd v Liverpool game. I have no time for LFC or MUFC; I despise them both equally. I tune in to Sky sports expecting to get some intelligent neutral reaction to the game and all we get is his biased pro-LFC rubbish from Jamie Redknapp. Can Sky not afford to get some neutral person in to analyse the game?

Also, Niall Quinn seems to be rather fond of Arsenal still.

Wingnut

Quote from: SP on January 13, 2013, 05:30:33 PM
Also, Niall Quinn seems to be rather fond of Arsenal still.

Yep and he talks way too much during the game.