watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol's View of the Fans

Started by filham, January 14, 2013, 11:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamguy

What I don't understand is why, when we have known since the August transfer window shut, that we were seriously light in midfield, we didn't arrange some incoming players before January 1st. Get the deals done so the players join when the window opens.

Instead we wait and wait and you know we will be scratching around for players on 31st January and not get all of our targets.

It can be done - Wigan had players lined up and Liverpool signed Sturridge quickly.
COYW!

hazzaffc

Im starting to get annoyed with our fans. Ive been a season ticket holder for 13 years. In some of our worst times we never booed our team, and now we do it at any chance we get. Also our atmosphere against wigan from the start was appaulong (like most games) we boo more than we sing. I think its disgraceful, and i wouldnt be suprised if jol got out at the first opportunity he could because quite frankly, were lucky to have him

hesedmedia

Quote from: fulhamaustin on January 14, 2013, 04:46:38 PM
What I don't understand is why, when we have known since the August transfer window shut, that we were seriously light in midfield, we didn't arrange some incoming players before January 1st. Get the deals done so the players join when the window opens.

Instead we wait and wait and you know we will be scratching around for players on 31st January and not get all of our targets.

It can be done - Wigan had players lined up and Liverpool signed Sturridge quickly.

As this trend has been present since well before the current management team was put in place, is it not reasonable to think that perhaps this is a board-level strategic decision, not necessarily a management one?

fulhamguy

I'm guessing the same.

Maybe the board think that clubs get more desperate to sell closer to the end of the window.
COYW!

west kowloon white

Jol must have been reading this site ...

mickybrown100

Sack that bald p****. He is destroying us. We are getting worse week on week, and it has been going on for months.

Jambo

Quote from: west kowloon white on January 14, 2013, 06:02:50 PM
Jol must have been reading this site ...

No wonder he wants to leave if he has.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

YankeeJim

Quote from: Baider on January 14, 2013, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on January 14, 2013, 12:27:03 PM
Quote from: Baider on January 14, 2013, 12:17:25 PM
Quote from: filham on January 14, 2013, 11:07:03 AM
2. Don't play Ruiz in midfield, it is defensive suicide,you spent last season aclimatising him to the premiership and should have leart that his only position is up front just behind the sriker with freedom to roam.

Has Jol forgot that Ruiz scored 24 goals in his debut season for Twente as a striker. And now we playing him as a CAM/CM, not sure if it's just me..

dont forget Alfonso alaves scored 36 in his first season upfront! Ruiz is a bambi player and I dont think he can cope playing up front. Hes much better off just behind

Hmm ok yeh I can see where you are coming from, but if you watch this you can hardly say he can't cope playing up front

Bryan Ruiz 24 goals , FC Twente kampioen!

The man can certainly finish but look at the room he has on almost all the goals. He'll never get that space in this league.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

filham

Quote from: fulhamaustin on January 14, 2013, 04:46:38 PM

So right. I expected us to sign replacements for Dempsey and Dembely on Jan 1st, had we done this we may have had a few more points on the board by now and been in the 4th round of the cup or at least been in good shape to have taken 3 points from Wigan last Saturday.

Luffy86

The atmosphere definitely plays a huge part, these day's the crowd is awful. We've played worst than this in the past but we always managed to sing and give encouragement, now it's just booing and slating everything! That's not what I remember growing up watching Fulham!! It's time we all got behind the team, because its starting to remind me of the Blackburn situation.

michaelread

if only some of you fans who get to go to the match every week could trade places with those of us who appreciated going there, maybe the atmosphere would be enough to drive the players on to victory. food for thought i guess.

Fulham has been in worse positions than this in our history, some perspective, really.

filham

Mainly the booing on Saturday took place at the end of the match. In the second half, when we were looking so bad, there were attempts from the Hammersmith end to lift the team with chants of "Come on you whites" etc., all to no avail. Under the cicumstances the crowd behaved well.

Jol should understand that the booing at the end was loyal fans just relieving their frustation and he should take this a message that performances have to get better.

TWFL

Quote from: michaelread on January 14, 2013, 06:19:29 PM
if only some of you fans who get to go to the match every week could trade places with those of us who appreciated going there, maybe the atmosphere would be enough to drive the players on to victory. food for thought i guess.

Fulham has been in worse positions than this in our history, some perspective, really.
I know how you feel. I'm not always able to go every time we play at home so when the chance arises I love it and am buzzing coming into the game. But, recently especially, the atmosphere has been poor. There has been little noise (bar those trying desperately at the back of the Hammy end) to urge the players on. I don't know how much of a difference it could make but it must help.

Before anyone says it, I'm not criticising people's support, just the atmosphere recently..

michaelread

Quote from: filham on January 14, 2013, 06:23:21 PM
Mainly the booing on Saturday took place at the end of the match. In the second half, when we were looking so bad, there were attempts from the Hammersmith end to lift the team with chants of "Come on you whites" etc., all to no avail. Under the cicumstances the crowd behaved well.

Jol should understand that the booing at the end was loyal fans just relieving their frustation and he should take this a message that performances have to get better.

i dont know when the fact that we don't have fit central midfielders became a non issue.

it's entirely the issue. central midfielders. they're important.

also, the players do want it. go back and watch hangeland after the west brom game.

they are just uninspired on the pitch. berbatov hounding them, fans on their back, no creative spark to make things happen in the midfield? yeah, thats gonna make your team play pretty average.

if the board doesn't allow jol the money to invest, then it is them we should be upset with.

Artful Dodger

I think after 3 months of poor results and even worse performances, the fans are entitled to express their feelings, especially after forking out a fortune to watch. In fairness to Jol, during 2012, we played pretty good football and got some excellent results, so in a way he has made a rod for his own back because we have certainly gone backwards, even since the first 8 games of this season.

My frustration with it - and blame Jol or the board - is that when Jol arrived, he was charged with bringing the average age down and with the exception of Frei and Kaca, he has actually managed to increase it with Berba, Petric, Karagounis, Reither, Richardson etc. Also, he has had 3 transfer windows to re-build and lets face it, everyone of us knew in May that Dempsey and Dembele would leave, so to say there was no time to replace them is utter rubbish.

I am not saying bringing in a new manager is the right thing to do, but Jol must understand that he is in charge and the fans have a right to express an opinion - if he doesn't like it, he is in the wrong profession!
Faber est suae quisque fortunae