News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm going to make enemies with this post...

Started by ChesterTheTabby, January 15, 2013, 05:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

oooh immature .....moi ?! I'm 64 and have been watching my beloved team for a long time. Jol is not right for Fulham football club..not rocket science....simply what I see before my very eyes week in and week out. The sooner he goes, the better.....and I'll still feel the same whatever the result is tonight.  :016:

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: nose on January 15, 2013, 10:11:11 AM
I don't think you'll make enemies, we are fulham supporters and entiteled to our own opinions.
Actually the Jol out brigade so called put forward reasoned, rational discussion as to why he is taking us in the wrong direction.  It is not so much results, but performances, bizarre tactics, substitutions and a general impression that we are going backwards quickly that is at issue.

Those in favour of Jol not unreasonably point to the shambles at the start of last season and how we subsequently picked up, and then have blind faith it will be alright this time too.

I do actually think we would benefit from a change although i have not actually called for his head (well I might of in a fit of distress and just can't remember at the moment) but changing now is also a risk and we would need to have a top class man ready to take over.

This is like rolling a dice, because we have averaged 10th before doesn't mean we can't go down. forrest are two times european cup winners, leeds semi finalists etc etc and they are in the lower leagues, the next game is the mst important!

I don't support him out of blind faith. I say he or any other manager coming in needs to be able to bring in players. Central midfield is a mess. We lack the players to protect the defence or initiate attacks. Diarra would've been good for the former and Sidwell does a decent job as does Baird though inconsistently, but we don't have anyone for the latter. Karagounis offers some creativity but not enough really.

I agree about his substitutions being odd recently. I remember he used to make the stupid substitutions but then they got better, but lately they've got worse again. He seems very slow to react.

I would say though that our lack of leadership is also largely down to Hangeland. Many of us, myself included thought he'd be a perfect captain but it just hasn't worked out that way. He doesn't motivate the team.

nose

Quote from: The Moose on January 15, 2013, 04:25:03 PM

I don't think you'll make enemies, we are fulham supporters and entiteled to our own opinions.
Actually the Jol out brigade so called put forward reasoned, rational discussion as to why he is taking us in the wrong direction.  It is not so much results, but performances, bizarre tactics, substitutions and a general impression that we are going backwards quickly that is at issue.

Those in favour of Jol not unreasonably point to the shambles at the start of last season and how we subsequently picked up, and then have blind faith it will be alright this time too.

I do actually think we would benefit from a change although i have not actually called for his head (well I might of in a fit of distress and just can't remember at the moment) but changing now is also a risk and we would need to have a top class man ready to take over.

This is like rolling a dice, because we have averaged 10th before doesn't mean we can't go down. forrest are two times european cup winners, leeds semi finalists etc etc and they are in the lower leagues, the next game is the mst important!

I don't support him out of blind faith. I say he or any other manager coming in needs to be able to bring in players. Central midfield is a mess. We lack the players to protect the defence or initiate attacks. Diarra would've been good for the former and Sidwell does a decent job as does Baird though inconsistently, but we don't have anyone for the latter. Karagounis offers some creativity but not enough really.

I agree about his substitutions being odd recently. I remember he used to make the stupid substitutions but then they got better, but lately they've got worse again. He seems very slow to react.

I would say though that our lack of leadership is also largely down to Hangeland. Many of us, myself included thought he'd be a perfect captain but it just hasn't worked out that way. He doesn't motivate the team.

I think we are not a million miles apart. i too am disapointed with th
Quote from: The Moose on January 15, 2013, 04:25:03 PM

Actually the Jol out brigade so called put forward reasoned, rational discussion as to why he is taking us in the wrong direction.  It is not so much results, but performances, bizarre tactics, substitutions and a general impression that we are going backwards quickly that is at issue.

We are not a million miles apart. Brede has been disapointing because I don't think he is up to it. But the manager has had 18 months and roy really showed what he could do in that time, and in truth it is more than long enough. This run of poor results and poor performances is very troubling and I don't think there is anyone more responsible than the manager. He started with a very good squad but he fell out with so many of them and that includes ray lewington which was a very poor.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 15, 2013, 08:02:48 AM
Maoconnor

Absurd post.

"I will guarantee that we are around that position [10th] again by the end of the season".

Who do you think you are, God? You may hope we finish around 10th, you may forecast that we do, and you may of course turn out to be right. But "guarantee" - merely shows immaturity and ignorance.

There are clearly two basic schools of thought on this board. Some, like you, see Jol, as a manager with "experience and skill" taking us, albeit with glitches, to the promised land of fluid attacking football and a potential top six place. Others, like me, see him as a manager with no man management skill and little tactical understanding who has dismantled the best Premiership squad we have ever had and reduced us, all too often, to a shambles on the pitch and as a consequence likely to be in a relegation battle.

Time will tell, and if we are relegated (or come close to it), fear not, your post will come back to haunt you. Equally, if Jol manages to find a player or two who magically galvanise the squad into a team capable of winning matches, and we end up around the middle of the table or higher, he will have achieved more than we critics expect and be entitled to some respect as a result.

As to timing, what is needed now, in my view, is confidence rebuilding, something which I fear Jol simply hasn't the competence to achieve. A change now, to the right new manager, would do that by removing the baleful influence of an incompetent and substituting at the very least a manager who knows what he is trying to do and what needs to be done to win points in the Premiership. I can think of at least three appointments that would make me cheer - even without having to resort to trying to poach either Wigan's or WBA's current managers, who would also be excellent choices. (In order of loudness of cheer, first Danny Murphy, second Kevin Keegan resurrected and third Roberto Di Matteo.)

I appreciate your comments, and in reflection you make some very astute observations. I will say what I find "absurd", to use your wording, is that you think because you have years on me in age that you know more about Fulham, which you very well might. I have been a Fulham supporter since the moment I took my first breath, and that was 22 years ago. Sorry I did not have the honor to grow up with Johnny Haynes or George Best playing for the Whites, I can only judge based on documentaries, from hearsay, and from what I have seen. I followed Fulham before the EPL and I will no matter what happens, and whether or not it haunts me, I will stand by words and say we finish 11th-9th this year.
The problem, and Jol hit on it earlier, is that we are the only EPL team that has not found their solid starting players...we have all the skill to kick on. We just need, and in this you are correct, some confidence rebuilding. Kevin Keegan is not the man we need..I will agree that Clarke would be quality, but in my novice opinion- you will not find a better manager than Jol for us at the moment...he needs backing from the Board.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Berserker

I'm locking this as tidying, please see 'Jol new in out shake it all about' thread for reason.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.