https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool V Fulham (15/01/13) Match Thread - Teams In

Started by Nth Degree, January 15, 2013, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Inglis

There's only one Emma's burger stand.

Rhys Lightning 63

Yay, instead of being beaten by Blackpool, we get the privilege of being hammered on national TV at Old Trafford. OH the joy 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

grandad

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 15, 2013, 10:28:58 PM
The BBC text coverage doesn't really paint the same picture as the FFC commentary - in fact, it doesn't really paint Fulham having done anything but score twice...

The BBC hate us. Why should they tell the truth. I believe the live commentary with Jim.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 15, 2013, 10:20:05 PM
Well we are hanging on but it is still anybodies game. Blackpool for Gods sake
Oh we'll, you and the others will have to wait until sat to have another go!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 15, 2013, 10:30:34 PM
Yay, instead of being beaten by Blackpool, we get the privilege of being hammered on national TV at Old Trafford. OH the joy  

Seriously, THAT'S what you're taking from this?  Absolutely no pleasing some people.

PokerMatt

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 15, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Seriously, THAT'S what you're taking from this?  Absolutely no pleasing some people.

His response to the equaliser was 'fcuk' as well.

I hope I never react to a Fulham goal as if it's a bad thing.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Burt

Possession 49/51
Shots 19/26
On target 10/13
Corners 7/12
GOALS 1/2

Luvvly jubbly... Wembley here we come!

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: PokerMatt on January 15, 2013, 11:03:37 PM
Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 15, 2013, 10:35:46 PM

Seriously, THAT'S what you're taking from this?  Absolutely no pleasing some people.

His response to the equaliser was 'fcuk' as well.

I hope I never react to a Fulham goal as if it's a bad thing.

Merely celebrating what I thought would be the best thing for the club. 120 minutes away to Blackpool,  with a good number of (lets face it) of senior players, then the coach back (assuming they aren't staying the night in Blackpool), not arriving until 4/5 in the morning, then training the next day, beofre having to do the same thing again to go and play Man City on Saturday.

Thought it would have done the players some good to get the match over in 90 minutes (win or lose), save their energy for the league against Man City, where we actually have a decent record in the Premier League
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Me-ate-Live, innit??

...Big club syndrome !!!! The Blackpool  supporter on TalkS$ite reckon Senderos and Hangeland kicked lumps out of their players and Mariner was a Fulham Fan  064.gif

Bedford White

Well done Fulham, I had us pegged as losing this one, even to the extent of posting a We've been knocked out" post which no sooner had I done it, became obsolete with Richardson's goal! I gladly felt a bit of a chump tbo. But I wasn't booing, no sir. But to win with a goal from Hangers, that's amazing!

Life in this old team yet eh! Unbeaten in 2013, long may it continue! COYW

PokerMatt

I'd take a win in 120 than a defeat in 90 any day of the week.

The late equaliser would have improved morale too, the opposite of what would have happened had we not scored.

I get your reasoning but surely while we're in it we've got a chance so we should hope for the win rather than wrote it off. It's not even united for sure.

bugsy

Quote from: Burt on January 15, 2013, 11:12:35 PM
Possession 49/51
Shots 19/26
On target 10/13
Corners 7/12
GOALS 1/2

Luvvly jubbly... Wembley here we come!
Nice one Burt.....give me the optimist every time.  Also, big up to the 300+ who went and were heard.  

PokerMatt

Quote from: KCat on January 15, 2013, 11:16:18 PM
...Big club syndrome !!!! The Blackpool  supporter on TalkS$ite reckon Senderos and Hangeland kicked lumps out of their players and Mariner was a Fulham Fan  064.gif

Amazing. That's a first!

Lighthouse

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 15, 2013, 10:34:43 PM
Oh we'll, you and the others will have to wait until sat to have another go!

Have another go? What do you mean? We were hanging on against Blackpool. We rode our luck against Blackpool in extra time. Blackpool have a poor home record. But we did have efforts tonight which is good and bossed much of the match without looking dangerous according to the Fulham radio. So thank God for that. But I guess some fans think this means we are now World beaters. The club don't need to spend money and Jol is a master tactician. Yes I will wait to say the same thing I have said ALL SEASON. I guess you think that's having a go. Sorry.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on January 15, 2013, 11:13:50 PM
Merely celebrating what I thought would be the best thing for the club. 120 minutes away to Blackpool,  with a good number of (lets face it) of senior players, then the coach back (assuming they aren't staying the night in Blackpool), not arriving until 4/5 in the morning, then training the next day, beofre having to do the same thing again to go and play Man City on Saturday.

Thought it would have done the players some good to get the match over in 90 minutes (win or lose), save their energy for the league against Man City, where we actually have a decent record in the Premier League

The best thing for the club was losing to a Championship team without a manager in 90 minutes, instead of winning in 120.  With "a good number of senior players" in the team?  Would that really have had a positive impact?  When you're in a rut you want to win any games you can, and if you get given one against a weaker/lower league tam then not wining that is likely to have a much more negative response than winning it, no matter how long it takes to do the latter.

No fan should ever celebrate a loss or curse a victory/goal that keeps them in the tie.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Manager Reaction
Tuesday 15 January 2013 22:48

Martin Jol praised his battling side after Fulham defeated Blackpool 2-1 after extra-time in Tuesday night's Third Round Replay of the FA Cup with Budweiser.

The Whites appeared to be heading out of the competition when Nathan Delfouneso put Blackpool in front on 82 minutes. But Kieran Richardson levelled with virtually the last kick of the 90 to take the tie to extra-time. And in the remaining four minutes of the additional 30, Brede Hangeland rose highest to head the ball home and send Fulham through.

"It's always a relief," said Jol afterwards. "We did okay under the circumstances against a good team with some talented players. We should have won it at home as we put so many crosses and opportunities in the final third but we couldn't score.

"Then you have to go away from home to a difficult place. Their coach at the time [Michael Appleton] said their pitch is probably 10 times worse than you could imagine so we were prepared for that.

"But we still tried to play; that is the only thing you can do. But you still have to score a goal and a problem occurred in the 83rd minute which was very disappointing. So to see us come back 30 seconds before the end and then to score the winner was great."

Richardson stepped off the substitutes' bench in the 87th minute as Jol pushed men forward – and the move paid off as the former Sunderland man levelled in the dying seconds of normal time.

"That was exactly what I had in mind when I put him on but nine out of 10 times it won't come off," stated Jol. "He's a quality player so I'm pleased for him. He was one of our best players on Saturday when he played at left-back against Wigan Athletic but I wanted to rest him tonight. I knew I could call on him if I needed him, though."

Jol made five changes from the side that drew 1-1 with Wigan on Saturday, with Dimitar Berbatov and Bryan Ruiz not involved in the matchday squad.

"Berbatov felt tired – he's played a lot of games and Ruiz had a little bit of a problem with his hamstring again," explained Jol. "So I had to rest those two and play Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega up front."

Despite the victory, Jol admits there is still plenty of room for improvement from his side, adding: "We showed a lot of character today but you need a bit more urgency up front. In the first half we had two or three good opportunities and you need to score them to take some of the pressure off. At the start of the season we were scoring goals for fun, now we're finding it a little bit of a problem."

God The Mechanic

"Chances were rare in a tepid tie until Delfouneso side-footed in from close range when Schwarzer failed to properly punch clear a high ball inside his six-yard box."

In a game with 45 shots in total and 23 on target, according to their own stats...

Northern Cottager

Well. An exciting few events but frustrating we didnt finish any of our chances. They sat back all game and had a 10 min period in second half.

Hughes was poor, briggs had great first half. Kara, Hangeland and Dejegah all played well. We looked tired and gave the ball away but the surface was awful and we did play some nice stuff.

Forgot: Ince was poor. Look quick and dangerous in tiny tiny flashes but didnt want to work for it.