watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huddlestone Back On Agenda.

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 16, 2013, 11:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earlbeatty

I would be well pleased if we could get him!!

Personally think he is a good player who just needs a run of games.

EB

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Bill2 on January 16, 2013, 12:07:13 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 16, 2013, 11:56:01 AM

If we really want him we'll have to pay the price.

It's no good saying that Spurs want £X and we're only prepared to pay £X - £Y. We might as well not bother as Spurs don't have to sell.

If we only have £X-Y to spend we'll have to shop in that price zone.
But if they don't sell they will have another player on the books and the wages who does not figure in their plans. If the price is too high plus his injury record walk away and see how silly they look when they have to sell him on the cheap in the summer. It is not if he is a regular starter for them unlike the two we sold them.

I'm not interested in Spurs.

The question is whether we REALLY want him. If we do we have to pay the price. The alternative is to look elsewhere or hope the price drops as the window closes but we run the risk of getting no one if we play that game.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FF(C)UK on January 16, 2013, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 16, 2013, 11:56:01 AM

If we really want him we'll have to pay the price.

It's no good saying that Spurs want £X and we're only prepared to pay £X - £Y. We might as well not bother as Spurs don't have to sell.

If we only have £X-Y to spend we'll have to shop in that price zone.

Then again, if Huddlestone is worth £7 million, then I think I am worth £2 million and I'm 45 years old and have not played any football since about 1992.

45 years old. Well that will fit into Fulhams youth policy. Still a kid compared to most of the team.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bigalffc

Huddlestone is one of the better options out there for us. We need that playmaker in our midfield desperately. I really hope they can come to terms with Spurs for him.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

atleTheodor

I think Huddlestone would be one of the best signings we could do with our budget. I generally rate him as a player, and I also think he'd fit our team nicely.
'Ted' abroad. 'Atle' in Norway.

Half Norwegian, half Londoner
----------------------------
Still believe!

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Chrisp on January 16, 2013, 11:29:31 AM
Hi All, first post from me but I've been reading the threads for a while.

I think Huddlestone could be a great signing if we kept him fit, his range of passing could be a real asset as we've not really got anyone who can thread a ball through from distance. Berbatov might stay further forward if he thinks we have the quality in the middle to find him.

The price is definitely going to be a stumbling block, Levy seems to prefer players to stay in the reserves rather than negotiate on the fee

Welcome! Also i agree about his passing range. Anyone remember Sidwell and bairds first game together in the middle and baird was spraying long balls all about and we were all loving it. Well Huddlestone might be able to do that consistently. Price will always be paramount though.

aFFCn_Fan

I think Huddlestone would add good creative balance to the middle of the field, which we're desprate for and he's a big lad who can tackle too. Obviously he's not the quality of Dembele, otherwise Spuds would have given him more first team and let us keep Dembele. The main problems will be price, and fitness. My Spurs mate calls him Hundredstone, and I seem to remember stories about Jol's canteen regime including chips and tommy K, and Huddlestone shedding quite a lot of weight once Jol had gone.
@hincharoo

jmh

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 16, 2013, 11:06:25 AM
This anything to do with Boeteng not coming?
The story about Boateng always was that he wouldn't sign until after the ANC, no?

MasterHaynes

He would be a risk. I wouldn't pay more than £2-3m max , his injury recoord is not good and a lot of his injuries are because of the size of his big frame.

When fit great player but there's a reason other clubs have not bid for him over the years despite him often being out of favour or jusy not in the team because others took their chance when he was out injured.

HatterDon

Quote from: EJL on January 16, 2013, 11:33:02 AM
Quote from: A Humble Man on January 16, 2013, 11:09:41 AM
I think he is a clumsy oaf and would not be a success, cannot get in the Spurs team who are not exactly overburdened with good midfielders apart from Moussa.
That's harsh. Sandro and Dembele have been immense. When Huddlestone has played this season (when Moussa was injured) he's looked good.

Sandro came off injured in Spurs's last match. Parker replaced him, but they're less deep now than they were before that match. Huddlestone may be off, and if he is I'd love him to come to Fulham, but I don't think it's going to happen.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

A Humble Man

Spurs know we have £20m of their money so they will not give us a special deal, perhaps even a super hard deal if the think we sold them a pup with Dempsey who seems to have become the Spurs Richardson.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 16, 2013, 02:57:28 PM
Spurs know we have £20m of their money so they will not give us a special deal, perhaps even a super hard deal if the think we sold them a pup with Dempsey who seems to have become the Spurs Richardson.

Richardson is more popular here recently than Demps is down there. Mayb we could give them £8mill and take Huddlestone and Dempsey back. ;)

cebu

It looks like Sandro is going to be unavailable for some time after undergoing knee surgery:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8401097/knee-surgery-for-sandro

Will Spurs really let Huddlestone leave under these circumstances?

Bassey the warrior

Mixed feelings about this signing. We absolutely need his passing abilities and creativity. But he's very slow, not the best tackler and injury prone. I'd prefer someone a bit quicker but I'd be very happy with him.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: cebu on January 16, 2013, 05:39:11 PM
It looks like Sandro is going to be unavailable for some time after undergoing knee surgery:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/8401097/knee-surgery-for-sandro

Will Spurs really let Huddlestone leave under these circumstances?

Possibly. This explains why the Livermore transfer to QPR didn't go through. Huddlestone isn't a like for like replacement for Sandro, different type of player.

OxfordWhite

We NEED Huddlestone. We are good at resurrecting failing careers.

filham

Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 16, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

Richardson is more popular here recently than Demps is down there. Mayb we could give them £8mill and take Huddlestone and Dempsey back. ;)

I fully agree, if Spurs think they have bought a pup in Demps lets have him back in double quick time.

JackyFulham90

With Sandros injury i don't think they will let Huddlestone go, shame he would be good for us

HatterDon

Quote from: filham on January 16, 2013, 07:15:27 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on January 16, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

I fully agree, if Spurs think they have bought a pup in Demps lets have him back in double quick time.

Unfortunately, Dempsey is having a poor season at Tottenham only in Bizarro. In North London, he's doing just fine.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

DevonFFC

I wouldn't min Anderson from united as he seems to have fallen out of favour