JAR not in the squad

Started by Fletchino, January 18, 2013, 07:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH FFC

Quote from: PLB on January 18, 2013, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: Walsh on January 18, 2013, 01:44:23 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 18, 2013, 01:19:28 PM
bye-bye fatboy! 

A tiny bit harsh? no? he served us well. I am gutted to see him go, he was a good signing for us and was a solid left back.

Did he serve us well though? Had a good-ish spell 2nd half of last season, but first half he was just awful, and has been the same this season.

Big disappointment of a signing. Where are those trademark free kicks and thunderbolts? Spent, that's where. Slow, not strong enough defensively, I can count on one hand how many free kicks have actually been on target.

He had a good start to the season when attacking, but since he had to stay back more when Hangeland was out he seemed to just go downhill. 
I thought he had many more good games than bad games.

CH FFC

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 18, 2013, 02:26:59 PM
Once it was clear he (Jol) wasn't going to include me in the starting XI, Jol and I agreed it was better for me to stay in London and do some hard training over these 3 days

That says to me that's he determined to a) impress Jol with his dedication to the cause and b) willing to step up and fight for his place

After all, he could have simply stayed in London, at home, with his feet up.

Riise seems to be a genuinely good guy, and well liked.  He seems to be a good professional, and even if he is not use to not starting it would not surprise me that he is really trying to earn his spot back.
On another note I do not think it is a bad thing for him to train if he is wanting to move to a new club to get back into a 1st team. 

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Oh my how time passes us by & the memories fade............
I recall the first time we tried to sign him but his mommy (aka agent) took him to Liverpool
So JAR returns to face KK's Fulham
The days when we stood @ the Putney End
Corner to Liverpool & I rush down to the corner flag & yell @ JAR "Quisling" (from Where Eagles Dare)
He nearly leaps over the fence to rip my throat out but thankfully decides just to stare me out
Takes corner & to my satisfaction fluffs it
Can't recall the result
A girl next to me asks "ear wot did you say to im" & I reply I accused him of being a traitor
Having said all of that JAR has played his best for us (just not as good as he used to be scoring cracking goals for L'pool) so hats off to the lad if he is serious about getting his place back & doing a shift for us
Prove me wrong by all means fella!

JackyFulham90

Riise is 3rd choice it seems right now, Richardson looks set for a run at LB, Riise still could do a good job in another Prem team

alfie

Riise has been dropped because of his below par performances, which i would think he probably knows only too well his game is off, so why do some people assume it's a bust up with Jol.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on January 19, 2013, 08:43:38 AM
Riise has been dropped because of his below par performances, which i would think he probably knows only too well his game is off, so why do some people assume it's a bust up with Jol.

Because it has been widely reported in the press? His brother was reported to have said so, then denied it and then it was reported he moaned off the record. Sometimes the press make things up like all the players we are supposed to be interested in. But are right when report about players leaving.  :023: Anyway we are short of proper cover for keeper and right back. Left back we have Briggs and Richardson, so Riise has a problem, not us for once.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Riise's performances have been substandard most of the season.

There may be reasons for that (and they may be Jol related) but he hasn't deserved to keep his place.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 18, 2013, 08:25:36 PM
Oh my how time passes us by & the memories fade............
I recall the first time we tried to sign him but his mommy (aka agent) took him to Liverpool
So JAR returns to face KK's Fulham
The days when we stood @ the Putney End
Corner to Liverpool & I rush down to the corner flag & yell @ JAR "Quisling" (from Where Eagles Dare)
He nearly leaps over the fence to rip my throat out but thankfully decides just to stare me out
Takes corner & to my satisfaction fluffs it
Can't recall the result
A girl next to me asks "ear wot did you say to im" & I reply I accused him of being a traitor
Having said all of that JAR has played his best for us (just not as good as he used to be scoring cracking goals for L'pool) so hats off to the lad if he is serious about getting his place back & doing a shift for us
Prove me wrong by all means fella!

haha good story. i was pissed off at the time too!

Matt Inglis

Hasn't created enough chances, let alone scored his own.
Too suspect at the back, I really don't think we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot if we let him go.
Still, I'm glad my memory of him in a Fulham shirt will be his incredible pass to Duff, he possibly even did two but I can't quite remember. Incredible assist.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.