Main Menu

City v Fulham matchday thread

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, January 19, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 19, 2013, 03:46:52 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 19, 2013, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: Baider on January 19, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
No pace whatsoever when we break on the counter, berbatov keeps slowing the game down to HIS pace, not the TEAMS pace

Quote from: Ordar on January 19, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
We need an out and out striker. This Ruiz/Berbatov partnership isnt threatening. They're too similar players

just a shame alot of fans have taken so long to see this and some still cant.... hopefully Jol will accept it and change things. i think he is the type of guy where if his picks arent working he will just keep picking them anyway

It's a partnership that was working very well at the start of the season and they're probably our two most influential players going forward. It's not as if it's an easy decision to leave one of them out, heck if he left Ruiz out 90% of this forum would be dismayed.

IMO it wasnt a partnership looking good, they had 1 good (stand out) game together

Bassey the warrior

Promising performance, the final ball isn't quite there but we've nearly opened them up a few times. If we'd won a few more games we'd be more confident. Berbatov is making good runs and Ruiz has nearly put him through a few times.
On the other hand City are giving us all the time in the world on the ball, expect them to defend much better and attack much better in the second half.
We'll need an early goal or we'll probably concede again.

Lighthouse

If Stockdale had parried that shot out back into the area he would have been crucified. But City haven't broken sweat yet and we are slow as usual on the break. But I still think we need a forward and try and look dangerous.

However we looked ok and keeping the ball without looking dangerous against the richest club in the World has to be a good thing. Their bench cost more than our squad.

Need to have a chance and a bit of luck.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Humbled

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 19, 2013, 03:46:52 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 19, 2013, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: Baider on January 19, 2013, 03:39:30 PM
No pace whatsoever when we break on the counter, berbatov keeps slowing the game down to HIS pace, not the TEAMS pace

Quote from: Ordar on January 19, 2013, 03:35:08 PM
We need an out and out striker. This Ruiz/Berbatov partnership isnt threatening. They're too similar players

just a shame alot of fans have taken so long to see this and some still cant.... hopefully Jol will accept it and change things. i think he is the type of guy where if his picks arent working he will just keep picking them anyway

It's a partnership that was working very well at the start of the season and they're probably our two most influential players going forward. It's not as if it's an easy decision to leave one of them out, heck if he left Ruiz out 90% of this forum would be dismayed.

Ruiz is very very very hit n miss.....
i really like the guy and also would find it very difficult to drop him or even Berba but for the sake of the team sometimes u have to make these dicisions... or play both WITH a striker and lose our wide men

Bassey the warrior

Dejagah looks quite a smart player, pleasing to see he can play on either wing.

Jamie88

Interesting to see how Man City are almost letting us play our football. Though we don't seem to prove much threat in terms of shooting oppertunities, it does appear they have been on the back foot almost the entire 1st half.

Northern Cottager

New gk, striker , centre mid, winger and centre back needed... Looking good!

IranianCottager

Dejagah needs to go to the right where he can combine with Riether and Berba, Duff isn't really involved at all. Berba needs to stop dropping and stay up top, while Ruiz should be the one coming back to hold possession and distribute. Sidwell is doing well and Karagounis has been good, except for that awful pass on the City goal.

leonffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 19, 2013, 03:49:16 PM
Kcat - I am good how are you? Nah no travels, just had loads going on etc...

Leon - Hello mate, how are you? I agree that Hangeland is playing awful at the moment, but as a goalie you should never palm it out infront of your goal, he should have done much better IMO

First half summary, lots of the ball but no chances... Have we had a shot on target? Richardson is playing well finally, as is reither... Hangeland is having a nightmare, we look ok, but ruiz and berba offer us no threat as "strikers"

I'm good cheers Deano, yourself?
I haven't seen this one admittedly but Stockdale got moaned at for doing this against Swansea too. His feet positioning, angle of the shot and waiting forward at the back post meant he couldn't palm it wide. He did well to palm it away albeit through the centre but Hughes didn't react and Hangeland was nowhere to be seen.
I didn't see he what else he could do but being the keeper he gets the blame. Just as MS is copping it. If the defence stop the shots & crosses there is less chance of the keeper being beaten. Our defence ain't performing I'm afraid.
Golden boy Brede needs to take some of the blame but they must be acting on Jols tactics - which could be why Brede looks to be off!?

alexbishop

Quote from: The Moose on January 19, 2013, 03:56:29 PM
Dejagah looks quite a smart player, pleasing to see he can play on either wing.

???
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

rusty shackleford

decent performance, but it means love all if we have nothing to show for it

FulhamMic

According to the BBC commentary "Fulham haven't crumbled after conceding such an early goal" and "are giving it a good go" - since we're away, to the current league champions, I'm happy with that.

leonffc

Quote from: Jamie88 on January 19, 2013, 03:57:22 PM
Interesting to see how Man City are almost letting us play our football. Though we don't seem to prove much threat in terms of shooting oppertunities, it does appear they have been on the back foot almost the entire 1st half.

Blackpool and Wigan let us play football because they know we can't penetrate. We're great at going sideways, all a team needs to do is sit deep and stay disciplined and they can wait until we give one of our square passes away, then hit us on the break.

Bassey the warrior

We are not signing a new striker and the Berbatov-Ruiz partnership is here to stay. Deal with it.

Humbled

i am happy with the amount of 2nd balls (other than the goal) we are winning.....

i cant keep saying it but without a striker we are struggling to become a threat when it actually comes to scoring
i hope we bring in a striker and drop one of our 2 more 'technically gifted' players or we have to lose our wide men and keep Berba and Ruiz and play a striker with them

Quote from: leonffc on January 19, 2013, 04:01:39 PM
Quote from: Jamie88 on January 19, 2013, 03:57:22 PM

Blackpool and Wigan let us play football because they know we can't penetrate. We're great at going sideways, all a team needs to do is sit deep and stay disciplined and they can wait until we give one of our square passes away, then hit us on the break.

QPR away a great example of that

Quote from: The Moose on January 19, 2013, 04:03:34 PM
We are not signing a new striker and the Berbatov-Ruiz partnership is here to stay. Deal with it.

deal with a relegation battle

Humbled

only here to stay until june if we finish in bottom 3 lmfao.... jump ship, jump ship  :hook: man overboard!!!!

PokerMatt

Really weird game this.

I can only think city are playing like this because they don't see much of a threat?

But then berbatov and Ruiz are playing for the opposition..
Follow me: @mattdjourno

CurryForMario

He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Humbled

seriously, i would be happy with them if one stays upfront... problem i have is they both drop deep AT THE SAME TIME, normally within 10 yards of one another playing 1-2s and then a wide ball and no run into the box.... so if one stays up top i am all for it

ffcbulgaria

we've caught the lack-of-movement virus again