watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

City v Fulham matchday thread

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, January 19, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humbled

i would like to see Ruiz and Petric to start up top next league game they seem to be close friends and i think that may rub off onto the pitch

and as much as i didnt like the idea of Rodders wide maybe have him back in there

Lighthouse

Reading, QPR and Sunderland picking up points so far.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RidgeRider

same story, different week. 3 months of uninspired play. We really our dreadful. Nobody's fault though I guess.

alexbishop

city 17 shots 2 goals. 55% possession to us and zero shots on target, 2 off target
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

grandad

I´m not really worried . City have lost only twice all season. What do people expect. We have competed but against a world class side.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Riverside

Quote from: Humbled on January 19, 2013, 04:46:45 PM
i would like to see Ruiz and Petric to start up top next league game they seem to be close friends and i think that may rub off onto the pitch

and as much as i didnt like the idea of Rodders wide maybe have him back in there

They were good together pre-season and vs Norwich (Petric and Ruiz that is ).
Rodders on the wing has been tried and failed

Lighthouse

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 19, 2013, 04:47:19 PM
same story, different week. 3 months of uninspired play. We really our dreadful. Nobody's fault though I guess.

Hi Ridge,  good to hear from you again here. I wonder how many shots we have had in the last 15 games? Less than one game last season?

FulhamMic

Quote from: grandad on January 19, 2013, 04:48:28 PM
I´m not really worried  City have lost only twice all season. What do people expect. We have competed but against a world class side.

Finally someone talking sense!

LordNelson

Once again, Berbatov lets Citeh's defense get back in place by strolling around the bleedin place.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

PokerMatt

You can't use away to city as an example of our overall form, I think.

We've been awful, yeah, but really were we likely to be good? Are most teams outside Manchester likely to be good here?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

alexbishop

I´m not really worried . City have lost only twice all season. What do people expect. We have competed but against a world class side.

I expect to do more with 55% possession against any team.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Baider

Lighthouse

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 19, 2013, 04:50:06 PM
I´m not really worried  City have lost only twice all season. What do people expect. We have competed but against a world class side.

Finally someone talking sense!

This is rubbish. We can't keep saying this and making excuses when the same thing happens at QPR and home to Wigan etc etc.

Ordar

I really cant see us getting to 40 points this season. Even another 10 points looks out of reach. Thrown away too many points at home.

We have been terrible for so long. I dont know how we're going forward as a club. Teams below us are picking up points. Very very worrying

FulhamMic

The reason why we're not creating chances is because of our make-shift midfield and their inability to probe. This means Ruiz and Berbatov have to come deep to collect the ball, meaning there's then nobody up front to play through. It's hardly rocket science, but without Diarra returning (and being kept fit) or another CM/DM being brought in, it ain't gonna change.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Brebatov needs to get over himself, all that tutting, head shaking, hands on head, hands on hips and glaring
If I was his team mate I would give him a good hard slap where it hurt    

Humbled

Quote from: Riverside on January 19, 2013, 04:49:14 PM
Quote from: Humbled on January 19, 2013, 04:46:45 PM

They were good together pre-season and vs Norwich (Petric and Ruiz that is ).
Rodders on the wing has been tried and failed

agreed mate regarding rodders, i am the 1st person to moan about rodders playing wide... just like to see him in the team to be honest...
would 100% like to see Ruiz and Petric start against the hammers (not united in the cup) as off the field they seem to be pals and i think we would play as more of a team

LordNelson

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 19, 2013, 04:52:58 PM
The reason why we're not creating chances is because of our make-shift midfield and their inability to probe. This means Ruiz and Berbatov have to come deep to collect the ball, meaning there's then nobody up front to play through. It's hardly rocket science, but without Diarra returning (and being kept fit) or another CM/DM being brought in, it ain't gonna change.

So true!   092.gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Lighthouse

I simply do not believe that Diarra and one other player will make that much difference. I wish it would but I really don't see that turning our season around.

Humbled

mate, its how berba plays..... he drops deep regardless who he plays for/with and him and Ruiz are too similar... Berba in a smaller team such as ours will always demand the ball and attempt to start every move regardless of his position. just watch him he will hapilly collect the ball on the edge of our own box and this creates a huge hole up top for us, he could counter this by busting a bollock to get into the box after laying the ball off but he doesnt.

difference is he didnt throw his weight around as much at United cos A he was NEVER the best player and B the manager was NEVER scared to drop him