watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brentford - one good chant

Started by domprague, January 20, 2013, 01:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

domprague

Every season I go to Brentford once with my elderly neighbour and it's always a miserable experience.

Yesterday was no exception but they did have one good chant ahead of next weekend's FA Cup match with Chelsea,
"We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Champions of Europe
We're coming for you"

Trotta looked good in parts. The cavemen behind me kept insisting, "That Fulham winker's done nothing. He's all tricks and flicks. We need a big man, someone direct."

Two minutes later, Trotta dribbled past three defenders into and set up two Brentford players in the six-yard box who ran into each other and missed the ball.

Other than it was £23 for a seat, Brentford spent the first half lumping it forward aimlessly and, when a Tranmere player knocked himself out after falling awkwardly, some blokes near me (who were with their young children) shouted, 'F***ing kick the c*** when he's on the floor. If he doesn't like it, f***ing kick him again.'

Charming. I'm glad that's over for another season and I can get back to the Cottage.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

ron

I saw them beaten 2-1 by Newport County in 1968, and that cured me of the desire to go to that rather depressing place.

HillingdonFFC

Probably going to slaughtered for this but go there at least a couple of times a season and really enjoy it for a number of reasons
We have some good mates who are Bees fans including my best man so we get regular invites. Love going there because it reminds me how far we come, also proper old school football ground with tons of pre and post match watering holes.
Brentford do have a number of right  f***wits admittedly and they hate Fulham so secretly like watching that tripe they usually dish up, they also have some good ,loyal fans there like my mates

domprague

My neighbour is one of their decent fans. He's over 85 so he gets a free season ticket. I've been four times and been surrounded by cavemen on every time.
I agree with you on how far we've come. I was chatting with my neighbour's friend and complaining about the tourists and he said, 'We'd love to have them.'

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on January 20, 2013, 02:24:29 PM
Probably going to slaughtered for this but go there at least a couple of times a season and really enjoy it for a number of reasons
We have some good mates who are Bees fans including my best man so we get regular invites. Love going there because it reminds me how far we come, also proper old school football ground with tons of pre and post match watering holes.
Brentford do have a number of right  f***wits admittedly and they hate Fulham so secretly like watching that tripe they usually dish up, they also have some good ,loyal fans there like my mates

ron

Quote from: domprague on January 20, 2013, 01:30:43 PM
Every season I go to Brentford once with my elderly neighbour and it's always a miserable experience.

Yesterday was no exception but they did have one good chant ahead of next weekend's FA Cup match with Chelsea,
"We're coming for you
We're coming for you
Champions of Europe
We're coming for you"

Trotta looked good in parts. The cavemen behind me kept insisting, "That Fulham winker's done nothing. He's all tricks and flicks. We need a big man, someone direct."

Two minutes later, Trotta dribbled past three defenders into and set up two Brentford players in the six-yard box who ran into each other and missed the ball.

Other than it was £23 for a seat, Brentford spent the first half lumping it forward aimlessly and, when a Tranmere player knocked himself out after falling awkwardly, some blokes near me (who were with their young children) shouted, 'F***ing kick the c*** when he's on the floor. If he doesn't like it, f***ing kick him again.'

Charming. I'm glad that's over for another season and I can get back to the Cottage.

Twenty three quid?

Are you sure that they didn't take you waving that kind of money as being a takeover bid?

Who knows, you may be getting a letter from Companies House soon  086.gif

domprague

I did tell them that, if it was for buying the first-team squad, that I'd need change.