watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jim Stannard sacked by Southampton

Started by MasterHaynes, January 21, 2013, 07:52:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Jim has been sacked along with all the other coaches there. Sorry to hear this news he was a great servant for us.

cusackdribble

He's a bit of a twit from what I've heard - maybe someone can tell me otherwise

Shredhead

Quote from: cusackdribble on January 21, 2013, 10:27:45 PM
All I know is that he was the inspiration behind the best chant ever...
He's fat
He's round
He's worth a million pounds
Jim Stanaaaard
Jim Stanaaaaaaard
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Shredhead on January 21, 2013, 10:48:21 PM
He's fat
He's round
Jim Stanaaaard
Jim Stanaaaaaaard
He's fat
He's round
Jim Stanaaaard
Jim Stanaaaaaaard
He's fat
He's round
Jim Stanaaaard
Jim Stanaaaaaaard
:scarf: thanks for this had a good laugh remembering this and some of the other players reactions when it was first sung

HatterDon

I always thought this chant originated with Paul Gascoigne
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on January 22, 2013, 01:48:43 PM
I always thought this chant originated with Paul Gascoigne
Nope, somewhere in the early 80's some wag from the Hammersmith end came up with it.

Burt

Burt

...although it was "he bounces on the ground" rather than "he's worth a million pounds".

Vinnieffc

He's fat
He's round
Jim Stanaaaard
Jim Stanaaaaaaard

Dammit I was going to post that !! Great memories..

Tonywa

Big Jim was a fantastic shot-stoppert and reaction keeper who would have been even more outstanding had he trained harder and looked after himself better. However he was never much of a one for positioning or the basic techniques of goalkeeping, so it's odd at the very least that he should now work as a coach.  A bit like hiring Collins John to explain the inticracies of the offside law.

filham

Quote from: Tonywa on January 22, 2013, 05:05:05 PM
Big Jim was a fantastic shot-stoppert and reaction keeper who would have been even more outstanding had he trained harder and looked after himself better. However he was never much of a one for positioning or the basic techniques of goalkeeping, so it's odd at the very least that he should now work as a coach.  A bit like hiring Collins John to explain the inticracies of the offside law.

filham

OK but we loved him and he served us well.
Is there anyone in the Fulham team at the moment attracting vigourous chants from the fans.
Duffy and Karagounis may if we can get on top of oponents and start dominating in a few games.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: MasterHaynes on January 21, 2013, 07:52:48 PM
Jim has been sacked along with all the other coaches there. Sorry to hear this news he was a great servant for us.

That must be a great weight off,,,

Sir Alec of good Stock

My thoughts exactly, could and should have been a top keeper in a higher league.

Do you remember almost at the end of the relegation to Div 4 season, Exeter's goal at the Hammersmith End where their left back wacked it forward from the half way line and Big Jim completely misread the flight as it sailed over his flailing arms and in to the back of the net.We ended up losing 2-0, a defeat which almost sealed the relegation which finally happened in the last game at Swansea.

There was also a classic in a 3-0 defeat on a very wet evening at Mansfield the season before I think where, for some reason, he found himself near the touchline and rather than hoofing it in to the crowd, tried to dribble past a forward, got tackled and the ball was rolled in to an empty net.

Very unfair to pick out those 2 instances because generally it was his heroics which kept Fulham alive for quite a few seasons.

Admin

Jim appeared on 3 of Danny Bakers Own goals and Gaffs videos with the Exeter howler coming in at number 1!!