watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pay Up You Rotters

Started by White Noise, April 26, 2010, 01:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/132490/Hull-s-Jimmy-Bullard-cannot-be-sold/

HULL'S JIMMY BULLARD CANNOT BE SOLD

26th April 2010

By Jeremy Cross

HULL'S financial crisis is so bad that the relegated outfit cannot sell record signing Jimmy Bullard – because they haven't paid for him yet.

The Tigers have debts of £36m and face financial meltdown in the wake of their pending relegation to the Championship.

Owner Russell Bartlett is set to hold a fire sale in a bid to reduce their crippling wage bill. Bullard is the club's highest earner after signing a five-year deal worth £45,000 a week.

But he doesn't have a clause in his contract that allows the Tigers to reduce his wages in the wake of relegation, meaning he could still pocket more than £6m if he stayed.

Now it has emerged that the midfielder, who has made just 15 appearances for the club due to serious knee injuries, cannot be sold to the highest bidder because Hull haven't paid for him in full.

It is understood they still owe Fulham around £1.2m of the £5m transfer fee – agreed between the two clubs when Bullard left Craven Cottage in January 2009 and former chairman Paul Duffen was in charge at the KC Stadium.

finnster01

How stupid of Hull to waive the wage reduction standard contract language. Incredible!!

It is in virtually every contract, has been agreed upon with the players union, and allows up to a 40% reduction of wages in case of relegation.

They deserve to go into administration, but the only problem with that is when is Fulham going to get paid up?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Huge

haha, i enjoyed reading that. I even read it twice.
The Dude abides

YankeeJim

If they haven't paid for him, do we have to take him back? I'd say we let them keep him paid or not.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Yarden

Must be one of the worst signings in the PL history. 45k a week, LOL.

Logicalman

I also have to ask the question: Why did we agree to wait over a year before receiving the monies in full? Or are Hull also in breach of any sale agreement they made with us last year?

TheDon

Quote from: Logicalman on April 26, 2010, 04:40:05 PM
I also have to ask the question: Why did we agree to wait over a year before receiving the monies in full? Or are Hull also in breach of any sale agreement they made with us last year?

all transfers are on tick.

Logicalman

Quote from: TheDon on April 26, 2010, 04:51:11 PM

but even tick has a lifespan for final payment..

TheDon

Quote from: Logicalman on April 26, 2010, 05:03:50 PM

well maybe ffc should have done a credit check

Logicalman

Quote from: TheDon on April 26, 2010, 05:06:17 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on April 26, 2010, 05:03:50 PM

well maybe ffc should have done a credit check

ha ha ha  :011:  then we'd still be stuck with tiny tim and his gammy leg forever!!!

Admin

Thats alright, well do what we did with West Ham when they failed to pay the full 6 million for Boa, we'll take one/two of their players in compensation. Geovanni anyone?  :54: