watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team against United

Started by CurryForMario, January 24, 2013, 06:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CurryForMario

Just wondering who you think we should play against United. Jol said in his interview he wants to put out a strong line up, and I agree - however I do feel we need to keep an eye on the home fixture against West Ham. I'd go for:
Stockdale
Reither - Hughes - Hangeland - Riise
Duff - Karagounis - Sidwell - Dejagah
Rodellega - Berbatov

I think if we were to play Ruiz and he was to get injured it would spell a disaster for the club, and I think it would be better keeping him fresh for the West Ham game.
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Chesh

Strongest team possible and worry about West Ham afterwards - resting players has never worked for us, as we usually get done in the game we were resting for anyway. Wolves away a few years ago was an unmitigated disaster after the reserves were played in the group stages of the Europa League for instance.

I will be gutted if we don't give it everything at Man Utd, as I reckon they're going to take us lightly.

Just to re-iterate, our strongest line up does not guarantee success against West Ham anyway, but for what it's worth I still think we'll beat them at home, even with a couple of injuries - they are s**t.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Tooting legend

Are you actually a Fulhamfc fan if so you would know that Stockdale is at Hullfc!

nose

for at least the third time i would play 4 1 4 1,  i would keep the wingers a bit narrower than jol tends too (i like wingers being wide but not aginst man utd and not when we are in a run of poor form, we need to stop them first). Ruiz to take all free kicks and corners, and they all have to go forward, quick free kicks only if the receiving player is in a good position, otherwise take your time.

my 11
MS
Sasha brede Aaron JAR
              Baird
duff sidwell ruiz  kaka
             petric

Baird to sit in front of the centre backs and only advvance when it is really senmsibele, safe and for dead balls. Ruiz wiould have the luxury of being able to float but know petric will be leading the line so there will always be forwards available, not like at the moment as one never knows what part of the pitch berba will appear.

If it isn't going well berba can come on for the last 30 mins and let's see if resting him helps him focus his mind on playing as part of a team.

Chesh

Quote from: nose on January 24, 2013, 07:12:48 PM
for at least the third time i would play 4 1 4 1,  i would keep the wingers a bit narrower than jol tends too (i like wingers being wide but not aginst man utd and not when we are in a run of poor form, we need to stop them first). Ruiz to take all free kicks and corners, and they all have to go forward, quick free kicks only if the receiving player is in a good position, otherwise take your time.

my 11
MS
Sasha brede Aaron JAR
              Baird
duff sidwell ruiz  kaka
             petric

Baird to sit in front of the centre backs and only advvance when it is really senmsibele, safe and for dead balls. Ruiz wiould have the luxury of being able to float but know petric will be leading the line so there will always be forwards available, not like at the moment as one never knows what part of the pitch berba will appear.

If it isn't going well berba can come on for the last 30 mins and let's see if resting him helps him focus his mind on playing as part of a team.

Well thought out, and I agree for the most part.

Not completely sure about resting Berba (as he might have something to prove, and we know Jol isn't going to do it), but think your reasoning behind it is sound.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

JackyFulham90

Berba should not be rested he is a match winner & whether they play well or not you need them in your side

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson

Duff Sidwell Karagounis Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Rodallega

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Riise , Baird , Dejagah , Ruiz , Petric

HatterDon

If we sit back and try to contain them, they'll beat the living crap out of us.

I want any two from three on the wing -- Dejagah, Duff, Special K. I want Briggs at LB and Riether at RB. United usually play three wingers against us and we need some pace and aggression on both wings to keep them honest. With both Vidic and Ferdinand healthy, we need to make our crosses low and hard.

And we have to have Berbatov lead the line and run Ruiz behind him.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Mladens Nan

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 24, 2013, 08:32:13 PM
Berba should not be rested he is a match winner & whether they play well or not you need them in your side

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Richardson

Duff Sidwell Karagounis Kacaniklic

Berbatov

Rodallega

Subs - Etheridge , Senderos , Riise , Baird , Dejagah , Ruiz , Petric

Richardson is out injured

CurryForMario

Quote from: Tooting legend on January 24, 2013, 07:01:09 PM
Are you actually a Fulhamfc fan if so you would know that Stockdale is at Hullfc!

I completely blanked on that! I apologise!
He gets the ball, he scores a goal, he loves to play for Martin Jol - Dimitar Berbatov - Fulham's Number Nine!

Count Berbatov

The question is, who would United field. This is a chance for those who need games to get some playing time.

SAF always plays with fire, trying to get the weakest team possible to get the job done.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

tomcolemanfry

Something strong enough to give United a battle, but also not bust a nut before West Ham midweek.

Schwarzer. Riether Hangeland Hughes Richardson. Dejagah Sidwell Karagou Kaca. Petric Rodallega.

Yes, I have just left Berbatov out. Controversial..

IranianCottager

--------------------Schwarzer--------------------
-Riether------Hughes---Hangeland------Briggs-
---------------Sidwell---Karagounis-------------
-----Dejagah--------Ruiz---------Kacaniklic-----
--------------------Berbatov----------------------

As much as I love Duff, he has to step it up and play like he did before his injury if he wants his starting place back.