watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Clubs Transfer Plan Is.............

Started by bill taylors apprentice, January 24, 2013, 07:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

We made offers for N'Vila but he chose a lucretive contract in Russia. Christ there is no pleasing some but if in doubt create a nonsense theory of conjecture and get a +1. Great timing considering the club aren't going to have their pants pulled down in the market but appears to be a bad thing....

Burt

Unless you are part of the club set up and actively involved with player transfers etc. then we really wouldn't have a scoob as to what the policy is, what is available, who is being targeted, etc.

I suspect it's like a duck on water - we don't see that much going on above the water line but there's a hell of a lot of activity beneath it.

mangoputney

Quote from: FFC1987 on January 25, 2013, 10:10:14 AM
We made offers for N'Vila but he chose a lucretive contract in Russia. Christ there is no pleasing some but if in doubt create a nonsense theory of conjecture and get a +1. Great timing considering the club aren't going to have their pants pulled down in the market but appears to be a bad thing....

maybe I prefer to look forward and with such a strong finish last season I like Lighthouse expected the club to build or at least adequately replace when the heart of the team was sold off

as for being ripped off, Swansea seem to be doing fine in recruiting sensibly so my disappointment is in relation to the teams progress

despite their odious football you cannot deny that Stoke move forward, inch by inch each year

that is not nonsense

more importantly, i'm pleased that M'Vila is not coming and despite your perception do not run around chucking teddies because we are not spending dumb money
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

bill taylors apprentice

Of course its all Conjecture, with a hint of irony.
But honestly my guess is, its something like, we aim to maintain PL status with short term contracts for the established/older players, bringing in players on free's and loans such as Rieter and diarra to bolster the squad.  With the youth coming through to create a young dynamic team on lower wages and excellent sell on prospects.
Simple really.  

HatterDon

Quote from: alfie on January 25, 2013, 08:05:41 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 24, 2013, 10:49:24 PM
I will know that we've lost our mind when the board lets Stockdale go to Hull and brings in the young lad from Birmingham City. What a huge waste of time and money if we do that.

I still think Jol will bring in a couple of guys -- if only on loan or 6 month contract to save a bit of money.

HD just because you think Stockdale is the man for the job does not mean he is, since he has been here, none of the previous managers gave him much of a chance to play, only when schwarz was injured. My personal opinion is i do not think he is the man for Fulham, he is not a young man anymore and has not managed to dislodge Schwarz, equally HD that does not mean you are wrong either. I will use the same old saying "we do not see what the players do in training".

My point here was that the negative on Stockdale is that he doesn't have enough top flight experience. To go after someone who has ZERO top-flight experience and less experience overall makes no sense to me. The same is true with Stecklenberg. The guy can't get a game with Roma. How's he going to improve our situation?

Many of my fellow posters apparently believe that any player anywhere can improve our squad as long as he doesn't play in England -- especially not if he plays in the Prem. If the club starts manifesting this same thought train, then I'm going to be worried.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: mangoputney on January 25, 2013, 12:20:58 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on January 25, 2013, 10:10:14 AM

maybe I prefer to look forward and with such a strong finish last season I like Lighthouse expected the club to build or at least adequately replace when the heart of the team was sold off

as for being ripped off, Swansea seem to be doing fine in recruiting sensibly so my disappointment is in relation to the teams progress

despite their odious football you cannot deny that Stoke move forward, inch by inch each year

that is not nonsense

more importantly, i'm pleased that M'Vila is not coming and despite your perception do not run around chucking teddies because we are not spending dumb money

The point I was making is, we are trying. Hence N'Vila bid. We are willing to spend but as I said not get our pants ripped off. I agree with you that the slow dimishment of our squad is frustrating but again, it's a time of restructuring and as a club, we don't have abundances of cash to throw around. I'm sure people are trying and thats where I'm at, if we fail, people will be held accountable.

As for looking forward, I'm gutted we couldn't but lets face it, we can't be a top 6 team which we were arguably close to, so at some stage we were going to fall from mid table mediocrity. I hope we are rebuilding and from what Jol has said, they are looking to spend but not at unjustifed prices which we can all understand.

Deanothefulhamfan

Hatter I am affraid I disagree with you on the stockdale situation. Butland is much younger then stockdale, and a bigger promise then stockdale was at his age..... I would be happy if we got Butland in and sold Stockdale to Hull for  similar price.... As for stelkenberg, he is one of the top keepers in Europe. His lack of games is more to do with the fallout with the manager then his ability. He would go straight in the team ahead of schwarzer Imo

alfie

Quote from: HatterDon on January 25, 2013, 01:59:23 PM
I will know that we've lost our mind when the board lets Stockdale go to Hull and brings in the young lad from Birmingham City. What a huge waste of time and money if we do that.

I still think Jol will bring in a couple of guys -- if only on loan or 6 month contract to save a bit of money.

HD just because you think Stockdale is the man for the job does not mean he is, since he has been here, none of the previous managers gave him much of a chance to play, only when schwarz was injured. My personal opinion is i do not think he is the man for Fulham, he is not a young man anymore and has not managed to dislodge Schwarz, equally HD that does not mean you are wrong either. I will use the same old saying "we do not see what the players do in training".

My point here was that the negative on Stockdale is that he doesn't have enough top flight experience. To go after someone who has ZERO top-flight experience and less experience overall makes no sense to me. The same is true with Stecklenberg. The guy can't get a game with Roma. How's he going to improve our situation?

Many of my fellow posters apparently believe that any player anywhere can improve our squad as long as he doesn't play in England -- especially not if he plays in the Prem. If the club starts manifesting this same thought train, then I'm going to be worried.

Mr HD i do understand your point, but i think that both keepers are better prospects than Stockdale, please don't missunderstand me Stockdale is a very good keeper, i just don't think he is good enough. I think the Roma situation is a little different, is it not a bit of a personality clash going on there, rather than playing issues.

much more experienced people than me make these decisions, and really to be honest i don't much care who is in the team as long as they do the job.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

tonynorton

If we was to buy butland now he would only leave in two season! Then we would be back to square one! Stocks would stay for many many years i think!

Toshes Fag Packet

He is a championship keeper at best.
Like you said other managers havnt used him,if you cant
dislodge a 40yo then your not good enough..