Less than 5
0 (0%)
Unlimited transfers regardless of month
8 (36.4%)
Keep as is
7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

valdeingruo

Apparently Wenger and Platini want the transfer window in January axed or limited.

Thoughts?

Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Walsh

Where is keep it as it is?

west kowloon white

Bottom line,or 5 down..
Certainly has a point,although reluctant to agree with Platini on anything,looking at Newcastle and Arry's Antics,both might,just might, work against us.
Hopefully both Ashley and Fernandes will get what they deserve(?).
A limited window for those unlucky with injuries,but open to all,of course,due to regulations being "'Arried" a reasonable compromise.

Walsh

Why should they stop teams bringing in players during January? I think it's perfectly fine the way it is right now. Everybody knows that January is for the desperate teams who need players to help them progress (teams who may get relegated or need that extra player to help them win the league) which is why the prices are always higher because teams know they can get an extra couple of million for their players.

west kowloon white

Certainly entertaining-but is it fair that in the SAME season,that a team may have played the "weaker" QPR/Newcastle twice,whereas some might meet 'Arrie's super new hoops/northern bleus twice post Jan-how many players have this desparate duo signed?
Apart from"why not"-what's the contra case?

west kowloon white

Bedford White

Perhaps making the window loans only, maximum of three players per team and the introduction of a winter break as per the Bundesliga.

west kowloon white

Winter break?Just because our German mates have Pep- not sure winter break would be any more favoured than the international friendly break-season long enough as is and many love the festive Boxing Day /New Year fixtures....otherwise it will be a smaller Prem.
Lets leave it to Blatter and Platini to decide like true Europeans.

Nero

Quote from: andersons11 on January 26, 2013, 03:02:19 AM
Apparently Wenger and Platini want the transfer window in January axed or limited.

Thoughts?

Think Jol is way ahead of them

Herbie

I'm not sure that transfer windows help the game, because it generally forces prices up due to creating high demand.

Maybe I've got a short memory and have forgotten the reasons why the window was brought in, but things seem to get a bit silly around the transfer windows.  One side effect it has had is that it puts a deadline on which managers are given the chance to turn things around.  If things are looking bad in December, the writing is generally on the wall as the board have to think about giving the new manager a chance to change things up in the January window.  If the window wasn't there then managers may get longer to turn things around and perhaps reduce the managerial merry-go-round that we see today.  I don't think it helps the game.

SG

Close it completely and the summer window should open as soon as the league season finishes and shut at the end of July or mid August before the season restarts. With this clubs would have had about 3 months to sign who they want and register their 25 players which is more than sufficient to cover for injuries particularly as this number does not have to include younger players.

A Humble Man

I do not understand why clubs find the window difficult as the should have a team finding the players the manager needs and have all the details set up before the window opens.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Herbie

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 26, 2013, 07:43:16 AM
I do not understand why clubs find the window difficult as the should have a team finding the players the manager needs and have all the details set up before the window opens.

It gets into risky territory there though as it raises the question of who is in charge of footballing matters.  Look at that lot down the road and the meddling of Abramovich.

That being said, I agree that the club should have a good network of scouts that understand the way that the club is set up and the footballing ethos that the club believes in.

Burt

Why have one at all?

Shouldn't footballers have the right to resign and move around, the same as any other profession?

Lighthouse

Windows do nothing but harm. Players should be able to move whenever and wherever. It is not like the windows have stopped the domination of the rich clubs.

Scrap windows and have a normal transfer system.

Although one could limit transfers in the first and last month of the season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

PokerMatt

Getting rid of January window will just make the summer one an even more extreme version of the current one.

That said, just being allowed to sign players as and when needed is far more preferable. Always worked ok when it was done like that.
Follow me: @mattdjourno