Main Menu

City v Fulham matchday thread

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, January 19, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 19, 2013, 04:51:37 PM
Quote from: FulhamMic on January 19, 2013, 04:50:06 PM
Quote from: grandad on January 19, 2013, 04:48:28 PM
I´m not really worried  City have lost only twice all season. What do people expect. We have competed but against a world class side.

Finally someone talking sense!

This is rubbish. We can't keep saying this and making excuses when the same thing happens at QPR and home to Wigan etc etc.

Every week, someone finds some excuse why it was ok to play rubbish football or to drop more points because we are not in the bottom three yet. How long can this happen before we ALL wake up and realize we are in big trouble and finally yell "Houston, we have a problem!".

When is it ok to point the finger? Not this week I guess because we are playing Man City. Oh well.

Bassey the warrior

A few points about today. Firstly Jol got the substitutions wrong again, been a few games now. Rodallega should've come on for Berbatov and Kacaniklic for Duff. Secondly central midfield lacked creativity with Karagounis having a quiet game so Berba had to drop deep again. Thirdly lack of movement all over the pitch meant Ruiz couldn't weave his magic and meant we had no tempo.
Finally Hangeland did nothing to motivate the boys, really poor captain.

On the bright side Hangeland looked back to his best.

RoyTund

Quote from: Ordar on January 19, 2013, 04:51:41 PM
I really cant see us getting to 40 points this season. Even another 10 points looks out of reach. Thrown away too many points at home.

We have been terrible for so long. I dont know how we're going forward as a club. Teams below us are picking up points. Very very worrying

You can't see us getting ten more points?  Really?  in the last 13 games when our form has been awful we have got that.  

grandad

Look on the bright side ,we are 6 pts off relegation zone plus a vastly better GD but we are only 4 pts off 10th. We will finish top half.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Bassey the warrior

I say to the board about Jol back him or sack him. It's clear we need additions. All our relegation rivals have spent money.

Humbled

Berba technically is CLASS.... but he has to play with certain players to look good for more than just his 1st touch

DJinNJ

I really cant see us getting to 40 points this season. Even another 10 points looks out of reach. Thrown away too many points at home.

We have been terrible for so long. I dont know how we're going forward as a club. Teams below us are picking up points. Very very worrying

Well yes, when teams below us play each other, they are going to pick up points. QPR picked up one point, which isn't good enough for them, Newcastle lost at home to Reading, Sunderland passed us by beating Wigan, but that just means we still have a six point cushion to the relegation zone. Considering the fixtures, this hasn't been too bad a day for us so far.

I would say that if you can't find 10 realistic points the rest of the season then you're not trying very hard. We'll just have to wait and see what happens. This was never going to be a good game to judge us by. Ironically, conceding the early goal may have helped keep the score down, but despite the infamous "lack of cutting edge" we can't be too disappointed with the result.

RidgeRider

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 19, 2013, 04:49:47 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on January 19, 2013, 04:47:19 PM
same story, different week. 3 months of uninspired play. We really our dreadful. Nobody's fault though I guess.

Hi Ridge,  good to hear from you again here. I wonder how many shots we have had in the last 15 games? Less than one game last season?

Hola Beamer! Been gettin' my behind kicked in the game of life, so haven't been on as much.

I think I am going to go back and count the shots, just for fun......

hesedmedia

Quote from: FulhamMic on January 19, 2013, 04:52:58 PM
The reason why we're not creating chances is because of our make-shift midfield and their inability to probe. This means Ruiz and Berbatov have to come deep to collect the ball, meaning there's then nobody up front to play through. It's hardly rocket science, but without Diarra returning (and being kept fit) or another CM/DM being brought in, it ain't gonna change.

This. It really isn't a tactical mystery, our creators are all naturally advanced players dropping deeper than they should.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on January 19, 2013, 03:49:16 PM
Kcat - I am good how are you? Nah no travels, just had loads going on etc...

Leon - Hello mate, how are you? I agree that Hangeland is playing awful at the moment, but as a goalie you should never palm it out infront of your goal, he should have done much better IMO

First half summary, lots of the ball but no chances... Have we had a shot on target? Richardson is playing well finally, as is reither... Hangeland is having a nightmare, we look ok, but ruiz and berba offer us no threat as "strikers"

Good to see you posting again, don't be a stranger

filham

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 19, 2013, 04:55:07 PM
Quote from: FulhamMic on January 19, 2013, 04:52:58 PM
The reason why we're not creating chances is because of our make-shift midfield and their inability to probe. This means Ruiz and Berbatov have to come deep to collect the ball, meaning there's then nobody up front to play through. It's hardly rocket science, but without Diarra returning (and being kept fit) or another CM/DM being brought in, it ain't gonna change.

I simply do not believe that Diarra and one other player will make that much difference. I wish it would but I really don't see that turning our season around.
Sidwell and Karagounis are playing quite well, to improve on either of those two we are going to have to spend big time.
No shots on target today and only two shots on target against Wigan, something is seriously wrong.
Ruiz and Berbatov , our two realy talented players, are not producing the goods.

grandad

Just one point about Fulham subs. Jol´s subs have scored more (8) goals than any other team in the Prem. Perhaps he should start with them instead.
Where there's a will there's a wife

A Humble Man

Had a lot of the ball. lots of nearly chances but no real ones.  Oh how we desperately need a creative midfielder and a replacement for Hughes who is not the player he used to be and of course a new keeper.  If Jol can make those three signings we have a chance.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Berbasilk_111

At least ruiz is trying to make something happen, berbatov is awful, he expects everything to be given to him on a plate.. Seriously who does he think he is, unless he's dropped we won't improve

RoyTund

and teams picking up points?  we need 4 teams to go above us.  QPR are 10! points behind and i don't really agree Newcastle, Villa and Wigan are cleaning up massive amounts of points, do you?  Southampton have just taken a massive gamble and we wont finish behind Reading add to that Norwich and west ham are falling.  

Agree that it is midfield that is causing us the problems.  We need a box to box player who can drive us forward and with speed.

DJinNJ

And it looks like Stoke are being found out, no reason we can't gain four points on them as long as we beat them at home. West Ham and Norwich also on fairly bad runs, Newcastle had higher expectations than us and have been on an even worse run. Basically we're not the only fans wondering where our form is leading us. Home against West Ham next is a great opportunity for some momentum against another side struggling for form, especially if we can get a good signing by then.

BillNRoc

This squad with this manager has zero chance of finishing top half, most likely bottom six, very possibly bottom four. Staying up will be due more to poor quality of at least three others, not due to skills or initiative of players or selection and tactics of manager.

Oakeshott

RidgeRider

"Every week, someone finds some excuse why it was ok to play rubbish football or to drop more points because we are not in the bottom three yet. How long can this happen before we ALL wake up and realize we are in big trouble and finally yell "Houston, we have a problem!"."

If we are relegated there will still be those who will assert (without any very clear evidence) that Jol is an excellent coach, argue he was unlucky (losing Dempsey and Dembele, and with injuries), let down by the Board failing to spend (in my view they are right to be cautious with a manager who has wasted money as Jol has), and is just the man to bring us back up again!

BestOfBrede

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 19, 2013, 03:50:52 PM
Used rope for sale to any Fulham supporter.
In fact I'll give it away - at least would be 1 less same old message posted!
No takers on the rope then?
I must say I am surprised. I thought someone would take it for nothing and then pass it on - there's only about 20-30 others in need and I think it's still got enough strength left in it for that!