https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Question - Prem or League 2?

Started by mikeyffc28, January 29, 2013, 12:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeyffc28

With the current situation I keep asking myself the same question:

Would you prefer to be supporting
1) a fulham side in the Premier League who are underperforming and consistently show a lack of effort every week or;
2) a League 2 side that come out and give it a go every week and show pride to wear the shirt by putting in a good level of effort?

Personally, i know it would mean less attendance/revenue/player quality, but I would rather be supporting a League 2 side that is giving maximum effort on the pitch (regardless of the results) and showing some passion and fight to at least try and get a result.

jarv

The team is an established, mid table premier league team. (in serious danger of relelgation). I for one, want them back in that position.

The club's goal I have felt in the last few seasons has been to emulate Everton. They stay in the divission forever, find good young players constantly and still have the money to find decent signings around 6 to 9 mill.

Moyes?  Top man.

HatterDon

I don't think your scenario is mutually exclusive. I think we saw a highly talented squad working its collective backsides off just recently under Hodgson and Hughes. There is a problem with the way we're playing that has nothing to do with which league we're in. With the same squad we have now and if we were playing the same way, we'd be in the lower half of the Championship as well.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ffc73

I recall watching several Fulham sides that consistently under performed without showing any effort every week when we were in lower divisions.  Campbell's relegation team in 78/79 and several teams in the 80s and 90s to name a few.

To answer your question.  In the Premier League is preferable 'hear and now' and ask Coventry, Portsmouth and Sheff Utd about nostalgia and where they would prefer to be right now

mikeyffc28

Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2013, 01:20:41 PM
There is a problem with the way we're playing that has nothing to do with which league we're in.

Okay I get that, but take out of the scenario that we are talking about Fulham and their current ability and position.  Would you rather be supporting a team in the prem that doesn't put the effort in, or would you sacrifice league status just to see the team show a bit of heart and desire.

gezkc

If a team in the prem consistently doesn't put the effort in, it'll not be too long before they are a league two club!

rusty shackleford

Its always gotta be competing at the highest level.

If we won division 2, would you politely decline promotion? No thanks mate, we like it where we are now.