https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (29/01/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 29, 2013, 04:31:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Belgian international Igor De Camargo is wanted by Everton and Fulham

Igor De Camargo: Wanted by Premier League pair

Everton and Fulham are battling to sign Belgian international Igor De Camargo, Sky Sports can confirm.

The 29-year-old Brazilian-born striker is set to leave German club Borussia Monchengladbach, where he has slipped down the pecking order.

Now Everton and Fulham have emerged as suitors for the player - who joined Gladbach from Standard Liege in 2010.

De Camargo has 18 months left on his current deal, but the German side are now listening to offers for the player.

Talking exclusively to Sky Sports, the club's general manager Max Eberl confirmed: "Igor de Camargo is actually discussing a transfer as he is no first-team regular at our club.

"Lately we have been receiving several enquiries from clubs around Europe, I am able to confirm there is interest from Premiership clubs in his services."

The player's agent Paul Stefani also revealed to Sky Sports that talks were ongoing with Everton and Fulham - but he also added there was interest from elsewhere.

"Nothing is decided," he told Sky Sports.

"We have talked with Everton and also with Fulham, and we will talk again - but we do not know what will happen, there are other clubs too.

"We have talked with teams in Germany also, and hopefully we will know more soon."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8451812?

WhiteJC

Malanda Tweet Fuels Fulham Speculation
by LRCN on JANUARY 29, 2013

Junior Malanda could be on his way to Fulham after implying a move is possible on his Twitter account. The young Belgian midfielder has been heavily linked with Fulham this January, along with several other Premier League clubs, but according to reports the West Londoners are the only ones prepared to pay the £5m transfer fee.

In response to being asked if he will move to Fulham, Malanda replied:

I will come maybe ...

However, his similar attributes and style with recent loan signing Emmanuel Frimpong might suggest that the the club are not confident in a deal.

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/01/malanda-tweet-fuels-fulham-speculation/?

WhiteJC

Clothing and smartphone deals bolster Fulham FC

CPLG Sport strikes agreements with Jean Team and Frequency Telecom.

CPLG Sport has secured a further brace of licensing deals for Fulham FC.

http://www.licensing.biz/news/10647/Clothing-and-smartphone-deals-bolster-Fulham-FC?

WhiteJC

Peniket Loan Deal

The Club can confirm that Academy striker Richard Peniket has joined AFC Telford United on a youth loan contract.

The 19-year-old has previously spent time on loan at Hereford United and Kidderminster Harriers and will remain with the Blue Square Premier side for one month.

Peniket could make his debut on Tuesday evening when Telford visit his former side Kidderminster in a league clash.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/29/peniket-loan-deal?

WhiteJC

Big Sam on: Fulham
Sam Allardyce spoke to the press ahead of West Ham United's trip to Craven Cottage

Sam Allardyce is pleased to have added to his defensive options ahead of Wednesday's Barclays Premier League meeting with London rivals Fulham.

The Hammers completed the loan signing of Wolfsburg defender Emanuel Pogatetz on Monday and Big Sam says the ex-Middlesbrough man could be in line for a quick debut at Craven Cottage. He also revealed that Andy Carroll is in contention after taking part in training this week.

Sam, could you talk us through the team news for Wednesday night?
SA: "We've signed Emanuel Pogatetz on loan from Wolfsburg and I'm pleased to have him, because we've had defensive problems - particularly as the loss of James Collins and George McCartney [to injury] leaves us short at the moment. He's an experienced defender, both in Germany and of course at Middlesbrough. It gives us a bit more opportunity in defensive terms where we are short on players at this moment in time.

"We're still waiting on Andy Carroll, whether we think it's right to add him to the squad because he's only had two days training with us, in terms of joining in with the players having not played for a number of weeks. We don't know whether that'll be too risky and we'll make the choice later on Tuesday. The rest of the squad stays the same. It's quite good at the moment, and it's quite strong, and we have to play to our best to start getting some points on the board.

"The biggest message is to play better than we have been away from home. We haven't been able to secure a clean sheet for an awful long time. That and the shortage of goals particularly away from home - we've got to improve all of that.

"We've got the players available, we know what the players are capable of. They've proven that they can perform and they've got to get to that level of performance again. It's two massive games in terms of Wednesday and Saturday coming up. It's two massive efforts from the players [we need] to establish their position in the Barclays Premier League, and to secure the points in both the games. I'm not saying win both, we'd love to win both, but certainly to come out the back of the next two games undefeated. As always you're trying to win a football match when you start and if we can do that then that would be great. Put points on the board in both games - that's the important thing for us."

You've signed Emanuel Pogatetz. Is there a chance that he could make his debut?
SA: "He comes straight into the squad. He's said he's fully fit and ready to go. He's had a winter break as they do in Germany but he's been training every day and has been available every day for Wolfsburg. He's said he's ready to go straight in and of course he does have some experience in the Premier League. Hopefully that'll stand him in good stead when we need him."

How important are the next two games?
SA: "I think that Fulham are in a similar situation to ourselves where performances have been pretty good but results have not followed that. It's all about winning football matches and putting points on the board. We've both failed to do that, so it's a massive game from our point of view. It's a team that are below us at the moment and you don't want teams below you to catch you up and get nearer to you.

"Then it's Swansea at home and we've played so well at home all season. Our performances at home have been outstanding, but recently it's been performances but not the results we should have gained. That's been hugely disappointing - too many draws have turned to losses and too many supposed wins we've ended up with draws, particularly the last one against QPR. It was a massive blow to have played that well - in my opinion the best game we've played here this season, from start to finish we battered them - and not win. That's the problem we've got, when we're so dominant we've got to win."

Harry Redknapp was quoted as describing the transfer window as 'gang warfare' between agents. What do you think?
SA: "I wouldn't use the terminology gang warfare, but I would agree that the volatility that the January market causes means that you're looking at a group of people, licenced agents, who have one month to make money, and then they don't make money any more until the end of the season. That will bring a huge and volatile market to the forefront where they will try to outdo each other and do whatever it takes to get a deal on the table for them to be the ones who benefit financially.

"That's where the problem lies when it comes to who is looking after what and who represents what player. It's hugely difficult to work all that out in the first place and, yes, it causes a massive panic in and around this time of the year. Then the speculation that goes with it in the media, which is probably fuelled mostly by agents telling you that this player is going to go there, and this player might go here and so on and so forth. It's a hugely stressful window as ever and we'll all be glad when it's over."

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20130129/big-sam-on-fulham_2236884_3057179?

WhiteJC

Fulham v West Ham

By Steve Wilson
BBC Match of the Day commentator

BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Craven Cottage Date: Wednesday, 30 January

TEAM NEWS

Fulham could give a debut to Emmanuel Frimpong, who has joined on loan from Arsenal for the rest of the season.

Kieran Richardson is expected to return after missing Saturday's defeat at Manchester United with a calf strain.

West Ham welcome back Arsenal loanee Marouane Chamakh, who was ineligible to face his parent club in the Hammers' last match.

Andy Carroll could return from a knee problem and new signing Emanuel Pogatetz has been named in the squad.

MATCH PREVIEW

The FA Cup bared its giant-killing teeth last weekend, going some way to restoring the reputation of a competition tarnished by too many boring all-Premier League encounters between not quite full-strength sides playing not quite fully committed football in front of nowhere near full houses.

Thank goodness for Millwall, MK Dons, Luton, Brentford, Leeds and Oldham. That's a sentiment which might be echoed at the FA, though the marketing types at their Wembley HQ may well hope the minnows are long gone before the final - Oldham against Millwall wouldn't sell in Dubai.

I have vague memories of Kevin Keegan in the 1974 FA Cup final (and David Coleman's commentary line "Newcastle were undressed!"), but West Ham against Fulham in 1975 was the first final I really watched properly.

Fulham were the minnows, a second-tier team captained by former England skipper Alan Mullery. Another former England captain was the story though; Bobby Moore was playing in the white of Fulham against the claret and blue of his beloved West Ham.

It was Bobby's last game at Wembley but there was to be no fairytale, with West Ham winning 2-0. But there was a famous photo - Moore and Mullery arm in arm, sweaty and smiling as West Ham celebrated with the cup in the far distance. They might have lost the game, but both those ageing warriors knew that such days would not come round for them again. Can it really be nearly 40 years ago?
Both clubs fell to Manchester United in this season's FA Cup, and I doubt that this league meeting of west and east London will still be talked about in four decades time, but I suppose you never know.

Neither team are exactly flying right now; in their last 10 league and cup matches Fulham have just two wins and West Ham only one.
Neither can yet afford to be impervious to the scramble for points involving those below them, so a victory for either would be warmly welcomed.

There, did it - a Fulham preview without mentioning Dimitar Berbatov... Doh!

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head
Fulham have only won two of their 17 Premier League meetings with West Ham (W2, D5, L10).

The Hammers have won six of their eight Premier League games away to Fulham (W6, D1, L1).

Fulham
Fulham are the only team yet to win a Premier League London derby this season (D2, L3).
Martin Jol's men have won two of their last 15 league games (W2, D6, L7).
They have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last nine league matches.

West Ham United
The Hammers have claimed eight points from the last 33 available, and have lost five of their previous six away league games (D1, L5).
Sam Allardyce's men have scored six away league goals this season, fewer than any other Premier League side. Stoke (eight) are the only other side not yet in double figures.
They have only kept one clean sheet in their last 12 league games.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21156068?

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Fulham v West Ham

Fulham have got massive problems and currently do not look to have a midfield. They don't seem to have replaced Clint Dempsey and Mousa Dembele. West Ham are also in need of a win, having managed just one since they beat Chelsea at the start of December, and are starting to get sucked into the bottom six to eight teams.

The Hammers will revert to a system that makes them difficult to beat but Martin Jol's side have bigger problems. They have been poor for a long time and are dropping into the category of 'easy to beat'. They were beaten at a canter by Manchester United in the FA Cup.

I love Dimitar Berbatov. He is a great player and if he had better midfield players behind him, you would see an even greater one. Yes, you have to pamper to him but you know that before you sign him; he will not chase players back or make runs into the channels for you, but he brings real quality when he is on the ball. Put me in the Berbatov fanclub.

Magnus says: "London dog fight. Hammers have got bigger teeth."

Lawro's prediction: 1-1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21171673

WhiteJC

Fulham rebuff QPR approach for Hangeland
Rs manager Harry Redknapp has targeted the Norway international as he steps up his search for a proven centre-back in the last days of the January transfer window

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Fulham have rebuffed an approach from QPR for Brede Hangeland, Goal.com understands.

The commanding centre-back has been targeted by Harry Redknapp, who is urgently trying to recruit at least one proven defender in the last days of the January transfer window.

QPR are hoping to land Hangeland for a bargain fee after learning that he has still not signed the new contract offered by Fulham at the end of last year.

West Brom's Jonas Olsson and Porto's Rolando have also been on Redknapp's radar this month as he attempts to plug the gaps in his squad left by the exits of Ryan Nelsen, who has been appointed the new manager of MLS side Toronto, and Anton Ferdinand, who has joined Bursaspor on loan.

Hangeland's current deal expires in the summer and he has indicated to the club that he will commit to the extended terms, which would bring him in line with top earners Mark Schwarzer and Dimitar Berbatov.

But the Norway international, who turns 32 in June, can sign a free transfer pre-contract agreement with a foreign club before Thursday night's deadline or push for a move to Loftus Road.

Nevertheless, the experienced defender, who joined Fulham in January 2008, is understood to be settled at Craven Cottage and unlikely to follow former colleagues Bobby Zamora and Andy Johnson to Loftus Road.

Manager Martin Jol has said that he is "optimistic" that Hangeland will take up the "good" offer made by the club.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/29/3709738/-?

WhiteJC

Arsenal and Fulham geared up for youth clash

Arsenal's U18 side face Fulham in the fourth round of the FA Youth Cup tonight.

The match has been re-arranged twice due to the weather but will go ahead at Underhill, home of Barnet FC.

The Gunners won the competition in 2009 with a side featuring Jack Wilshere and Francis Coquelin, now both members of the first-team.

Arsenal won through to the fourth round with a 3-0 win over Newcastle. One of the scorers that night, Chuba Akpom (above) is looking ahead to the all-London tie.

"We are really excited because we grew up playing against Fulham and we know a few of their players," Akpom said. "Barnet is like home now because we have played there for a while and I think that will give us an edge."

Kick-off is 7pm. Tickets are £1 concessions and £3 for adults.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-and-fulham-geared-up-for-youth-clash-8471368.html

WhiteJC

The View From The Opposition - Fulham

West Ham go to Fulham in search of their first away win since November and go into this game off the back of a crushing defeat away at Arsenal.

Fulham are in a similar position to West Ham and know that a few more bad results will see them sucked into a relegation battle.

Earlier in the season West Ham produced arguably their finest all round performance of the season as Fulham were beaten 3-0 at Upton Park with Andy Carroll in devastating form.

This is a significant game for both sides and could well shape the remainder of the season.

We have two Fulham supporters who have kindly offered their view from the opposition.

A big thank you to Michael Timbury and Liam Casey for their help.

Fulham currently lie 14th on 25 points - Are you happy with your season so far? What were your expectations at the start of the campaign?

Michael: I can't say that I'm happy about the season so far as we've not been beating the teams at home that we should. We've always relied on our home form so draws with Wigan and Southampton and losses to Swansea and Sunderland isn't really good enough. The Sunderland home game in November was really the start of our down turn in form. Since then we've been timid at best.

I'd have expected a top ten finish at the start of this season but losing Dembele and Dempsey in August didn't help and was always going to catch up with us at some point.

Liam: The season so far has been quite disappointing. I didn't expect us to be so near to the bottom of table at this part of the season, my expectations for this season were a lot higher than usual, I had a really positive feeling before the season started, I was expecting our home form to be a lot stronger than it has been recently, and for us to be playing more attacking football.

What did you make of our encounter earlier in the season?

Michael: Quite simply we got bullied. Andy Carroll was fantastic and I didn't get why we left Berbatov on the bench for his first game. It was over as a contest by the time we brought him on.

Liam: It was a disappointing result for me as we lost quite heavily and I don't feel our result reflected in our performance.

Why do you support Fulham and what do the club mean to you?

Michael: I support Fulham because my Dad took me there as a kid and it's somewhere we've been going ever since. Probably like most die hard fans the reason I love my club is because in those minutes leading up to kick off you think to yourself 'there's nowhere else in the world I would rather be right now'.

Liam: I support Fulham for the atmosphere you get when you go to the Cottage, it was the first ground I ever went to as a child. It is such a friendly ground and they give so much to the young generation. Fulham is one of the most important things in my life as there is nothing better than going to the Cottage on a Saturday afternoon and watching a great game of football.

What song best describes your season?

Michael: 'Your support is loving poo'.

Two reasons for this. One is that our away following isn't often that big probably due to our woeful away form but secondly, from a playing perspective the support offered to Berbatov, who undeniably is the focal point of our team, has been pretty useless, especially in recent weeks. Bryan Ruiz is the only other creative player we have and both he and Berbatov end up always coming too deep to affect the game in the final third. None of the midfielders move from their position and are so slow to join in attacks.

Liam: Stick your blue flag up your arse.

Who are your best and worst players?

Michae: Best - Berbatov and Ruiz. Hangeland hasn't been as consistent this season but has been immense for us over the last five years so he gets a nod too.

Worst - Rodallega and Richardson. To be fair to Richardson he's been ok at left back but when he plays midfield he hasn't got a creative idea in his head. I can see why Wigan weren't fussed about losing Rodallega on a free. He doesn't seem to have a football brain and has what can only be described as an English first touch.

Liam: My favourite players this season have to be Bryan Ruiz, Hangelaand, I have been disappointed with Risse as I havent yet witnessed one of his "Risse Rockets" but I'm sure it will come soon!

What do you make of West Ham this season?

Michael: Pretty solid which is what you want after a promotion. The players all work for each other at West Ham which is something to be admired and has led to you having a steady season. Comfortable mid-table is not to be sniffed at when you come up and can be built upon rather than needing radical changes. As much as some people don't like him, Allardyce has a great record at keeping teams in this league.

Liam: I have been quite impressed with West Ham this season, they have been really strong going forward and at the back, they have definitely surprised me as I didn't think they had what it takes to be a Premiership club so soon after getting promoted but they have really pulled it out the bag.

Which West Ham player would you like at Fulham?

Michael: We're lacking a Kevin Nolan type character at the moment. A leader who takes responsibility and holds the other players and himself accountable. Nolan's goal threat is also a big bonus. Although you're three in midfield formation frees him up to hit the box frequently it's still nice to see a midfielder with so much desire to score goals.

Liam: I would quite like to see Kevin Nolan at Fulham, I think he is a great player who is very underrated he seems to pull all the strings in the middle of the park for the hammers and I think there season would be a completely different story if it it wasn't for him.

What (if anything) annoys you about West Ham?

Michael: This probably isn't West Ham's fault so much but I always get the perception that a lot of sections of the media love West Ham for no apparent reason. There's always talk of West Ham's great tradition of attractive football like they're the only team to ever do it.

Liam: Nothing really annoys me about west ham I think they are a very respectable football club and they go about themselves in a very good manner.

These questions come from the Arsenal supporters from last week: Do you think Martin Jol is the right man to take you forward? and Do you think the Michael Jackson statue looks ridiculous?

Michael: With regards to Jol, I'll say yes, cautiously. He is trying to bring through young players which is something we've never done and he does like to play an attacking style. However, he is a bit naive tactically for example if we're losing he just throws on as many strikers as possible rather than looking to exploit specific weaknesses in the opposition. He also seems to fall out with a lot of the players which can't be good for morale.

The Michael Jackson statue is ridiculous. But if it weren't for Al Fayed we would be nowhere near the Premier League right now so I'm happy to indulge him this. As far as erratic wealthy foreign owners go, he's not done too many daft things with the club.

Liam: I think if Martin Jol is to be the man to take us forward we need to play with a bit more risk in our game and a bit more flare going forward. I do think he has the ability to do this.

I am caught in two minds about the statue. I agree it isn't the best statue we could have had baring in mind all the greats we have had at our wonderful club although I do have a lot of respect for the fact that Muhammad Al Fayed and Michael Jacksons friendship meant so much to him that he wanted to erect a statue of him.

What question should we ask our next opponents, Swansea?

Michael: Are you worried that bigger clubs will pick apart your team in the summer by poaching your better players and potentially even the manager?

Liam: Where do you expect to finish this season based on your current form?

4th placed finish or a domestic cup victory?

Michael: Considering we've never won a cup I'll go for that. We're never going to get near fourth any time soon so the cup is a better bet.

Liam: 4th placed finish without a doubt as it would lead to so much more than a domestic cup victory.

And Finally, your prediction for the game.

Michael: I'll go for 1 - 1. West Ham are a bogey side for us.

Liam: 2-1 Fulham

Thanks again to Michael and Liam for their help.

Record vs Fulham

Played 128 Won 63 Drawn 28 Lost 37

Biggest Victory: 7-2 3rd Feb 1968
Biggest Defeat: 0-5 7th Nov 1936

Trivia

* Our first ever encounter with Fulham came back in 1898 when as Thames Ironworks we beat them 2-1 at the Memorial Grounds in front of 2,000 people.

Goals were scored by J Reynolds and George Gresham.

* The most famous player to play for both sides is no other than Bobby Moore.

In 1974 he joined Fulham, who were in the Second Division, for £25,000. During Moore's first season there they defeated West Ham in a League Cup tie and then reached the FA Cup Final where they faced West Ham again. This time Fulham lost the game, 2–0, and Moore had made his final appearance at Wembley as a professional player.

Moore played his final professional game in England for Fulham on 14 May 1977 against Blackburn Rovers.

* Former Fulham captain Luis Boa Morte signed for West Ham in Janaury 2007 and went on to make 75 starts, a further 35 from the bench and scored 2 goals.

* Carlton Cole has scored six goals in his last six Premier League appearances against Fulham and also netted an own-goal in one of those games too.

* The 1975 FA Cup Final was contested by West Ham United and Fulham at Wembley. The Fulham team contained two former England captains in former West Ham captain Bobby Moore, making his last appearance at Wembley, and Alan Mullery. West Ham won 2–0, with the two goals scored by Alan Taylor. The first after Fulham goalkeeper Peter Mellor had parried Billy Jennings shot for Taylor to score; the second five minutes later when Mellor failed to hold Graham Paddon's shot, Taylor following in to score.

The 1975 West Ham United team are the last all-English team to win the FA Cup. It also remains the only occasion that Fulham have appeared in an FA Cup final and their last major final until the 2010 UEFA Europa League Final.

* Fred Harrison joined Fulham from Southampton in 1907 and helped Fulham reach the FA Cup Semi-finals, with six goals in six cup appearances, including both Fulham goals in a 2–1 in quarter final victory over League leaders Manchester United.

In April 1911 he moved back to the Southern League with West Ham United, making his debut on Good Friday, 14 April 1911, scoring in a 4–1 victory over his former club, Southampton. He also scored the only goal in the return match three days later.

In the 1911–12 season, he scored 13 goals, partly making up for the loss of George Webb in December for the rest of the season. He formed a great partnership with Danny Shea and together they scored 40 goals in that season.

In the FA Cup, Harrison was part of the West Ham team that defeated Middlesbrough of the First Division in the Second Round in February 1912. Harrison scored West Ham's goal in the first match (drawn 1–1) and, despite carrying an injury from the first match, he scored the winner in the replay.

George Hilsdon replaced him in the front-line and in the 1912–13 season, Harrison was switched to play at centre half where he played several games, including a notable FA Cup tie against Aston Villa in February 1913. In his two years with the Hammers he made 62 appearances, scoring 23 goals.

During World War I Harrison was badly gassed on the Western Front. After the war Harrison ran his own plastering business in Southampton.

He died in 1969 aged 89.

* Ian Pearce, Paul Konchesky, Bobby Zamora, Tony Gale, Papa Bouba Diop, Leroy Rosenior, Wayne Bridge, Brian Dear, Johnny Byrne, and Andy Melville are amongst some of the players who have played for both sides.

* Former manager Ron Greenwood played for Fulham during the 1955-56 season.

Videos

The 1975 FA Cup Final
West Ham United 2 Fulham 0

http://youtu.be/zAzGqH75HDo

--------------------------------------------

West Ham United 3 Fulham 3 - 13th Jan 2007

http://youtu.be/wwFVrUCPq20

West Ham United 2 Fulham 3 - 15th Feb 1958

http://youtu.be/kkzQcVk1Mv8

Anton Ferdinand vs Fulham 2006

http://youtu.be/ybalLBZ5On8

-------------------------------------------

Carlton Cole vs Fulham 2009

http://youtu.be/50ndR0C5lSk

------------------------------------------

Match report from reverse fixture - http://www.westhamonline.net/article.php?6369752

http://www.westhamonline.net/article.php?6628921%7C%7C5%7C%7C

WhiteJC

Arsenal loanee set for Fulham debut against West Ham

Emmanuel Frimpong is in line to make his Fulham debut in tomorrow's Premier League clash with West Ham.

The 21-year-old joined on loan from Arsenal on Friday and could now face the Hammers, while fellow midfielder Simon Davies is back in training after a sustained period on the sidelines.

Kieran Richardson (calf), Mahamadou Diarra (knee) and Kerim Frei (pelvis) are all absent for the Craven Cottage clash.

Provisional squad: Schwarzer, Somogyi, Etheridge, Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Senderos, Riise, Briggs, Dejagah, Baird, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kacaniklic, Frimpong, Duff, Kasami, Ruiz, Rodallega, Berbatov, Petric, Davies.

http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/arsenal_loanee_set_for_fulham_debut_against_west_ham_1_1831996

WhiteJC

Financial Results

Fulham Football Club has today reported its financial results for the season 2011/12.
Following the previous season's announcement of record profits, the most significant development is the Club ending the financial year with no debt, having repaid any external indebtedness and Chairman Mohamed Al Fayed converting his previous loans to the Club into equity.

The Club reported an operating profit of £1.2m for the year ended 30 June 2012, boosted by the Club's participation in the UEFA Europa League.

The Club enjoyed another increase in attendance of 0.6 per cent which contributed to its overall occupancy figure of 98.4 per cent for the season. Both of these figures are a Club record for its time in the Premier League. The Club posted revenue figures of £79.3m, including £3.4m Europa League revenue. 

A strong second-half performance on-field led to an excellent ninth-position finish.

The Club's Chairman, Al Fayed, said: "Fulham continues to make great strides and, following planning permission for the re-development of the Riverside Stand, we will continue to prosper and grow. For almost the last 15 years, I have ensured the Club moves in the right direction and remains true to our proud history, strong heritage and past traditions."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/29/financial-results?

WhiteJC

Fulham effectively debt-free as Fayed converts loans into equity
• Operating profit of £1.2m boosted by Europa League cash
• 'Fulham continues to make great strides,' says chairman

The Fulham chairman, Mohamed Al Fayed, has converted his £212m in loans to the club into equity.
Photograph: Sang Tan/AP

Fulham are effectively debt-free after Mohamed Al Fayed converted his £212m in loans to the club into equity. The London club reported an operating profit of £1.2m for the financial year ending 30 June 2012 with that figure inflated by the £3.4m generated by the team's participation in last season's Europa League.

The manager, Martin Jol, still hopes to strengthen his squad this week ahead of Thursday's closure of the transfer window with Fulham currently 14th in the Premier League, six points clear of the relegation zone, as they attempt to emulate last term's ninth-place finish. There is some funding available to add to his options given the summer sales of Moussa Dembélé and Clint Dempsey.

Fulham posted revenue figures of £79.3m, including the influx from the Europa League, for the last financial year and also saw the overall occupancy figure at Craven Cottage rise to 98.4%.

"Fulham continues to make great strides and, following planning permission for the redevelopment of the Riverside Stand, we will continue to prosper and grow," said Fayed, the chairman. "For almost the last 15 years, I have ensured the club moves in the right direction and remains true to our proud history, strong heritage and past traditions."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/29/fulham-debt-free-al-fayed?

WhiteJC

Heroes Return

Five former Fulham stars will be back at the Cottage on Wednesday.

Les Strong, Alan Mullery, John Mitchell, Kevin Lock and John Lacy, who made a combined total of 1,461 appearances for Fulham, will be introduced during the half-time interval during the Whites' clash with West Ham United.

Mullery, Mitchell and Lacy all played as Fulham were defeated in the FA Cup Final by the Hammers in 1975, while Strong featured in every round of the famous competition until injury cruelly robbed him of the chance to line-up at Wembley. Lock, who made 236 appearances for Fulham between 1978 and 1985, played for West Ham on that May afternoon.

We're sure you'll give them all a warm Craven Cottage welcome and tickets for the crucial clash with the Irons are still available.

Seats are currently available on General Sale from £40 for adults and £20 for juniors - so make sure you secure your seat today!

Supporters can purchase their tickets online, by calling 0843 208 1234 (Option 1) or by visiting the Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/29/heroes-return?