more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(30/01/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, January 30, 2013, 08:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham v West Ham – Confidence low ahead of London derby

The two teams eliminated from the FA Cup by Manchester United so far this season lock horns at Craven Cottage, with both going in search of the points needed to pull further away from the relegation battle. Martin Jol has signed Emmanuel Frimpong on loan from Arsenal in order to give added bite to his cultured midfield unit, whilst Sam Allardyce has opted to bring in the experience of ex-Middlesbrough defender Emanuel Pogatetz.

Fulham have been in truly abysmal form since late-October, collecting a mere 12 points from the last 45 available. The Cottagers have triumphed only once in seven top-flight home fixtures, with that victory coming against a particularly poor Newcastle outfit. West Ham have been even worse on the road of late, picking up a solitary draw from their previous six Premier League away matches and scoring just twice during that run.

The Hammers are extremely vulnerable from open play on the road, conceding 12 of their previous 13 top-flight goals in this fashion. Fulham have netted 23 times from this source in 20 matches at Craven Cottage, so Jol's men should have cause to celebrate on a couple of occasions. Sam Allardyce's charges are unlikely to profit from set-piece situations, though they too should find the net from open play.

Verdict: Fulham to win 2-1 in this battle between two teams short of form

Best Bet: Both teams to score

http://www.kickoff.co.uk/3034/fulham-v-west-ham-confidence-low-ahead-of-london-derby/?

WhiteJC

Transfer news: Fulham are set to seal a loan deal for Dutch ace Urby Emanuelson

Urby Emanuelson: Set to join Fulham on loan

Dutch international Urby Emanuelson has confirmed that he is set to join Fulham from AC Milan.

The 26-year-old left-sider has sunk down the pecking order under Massimiliano Allegri in recent months and now the club has sanctioned a loan move.

Emanuelson, who joined Milan in 2011, is now on his way to London to undergo a medical.

"I will finish the season with a loan deal," he told De Telegraaf.

"I have worked in a very good way with him (Martin Jol) at Ajax and am happy as he gives me the chance.

"Martin has a lot of confidence in me and that's what I need right now. At AC Milan I ended up on the bench from nowhere and I was really shocked with that. The previous two months were hard.

"At my age it is important to play week in, week out."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/8454977?

WhiteJC

Home form 'vital', says Martin Jol ahead of West Ham clash

Martin Jol knows it is "vital" for Fulham to start picking up wins at Craven Cottage, starting with West Ham this evening.

After a bright start to the season the Cottagers have tailed off dramatically, winning just two of their last 15 league games.

That poor run of form has seen them drop to 14th in the Premier League standings and just five points off the relegation zone after last night's results.

Jol is hoping for a change in fortunes today when Fulham take on the Hammers - a match the Dutchman expects three points from.

"Of course we have to feel confident because it is a home game," he told Fulham TV. "It's important for us that we pick up the points from home games, especially against the teams around us. That is vital.

"So it is a different game but we had a good spell before losing at Man City - two away wins, two home draws.

"Of course you want more but we were still unbeaten and then we went to Man City and it is not easy to play against these teams."

Jol will be looking for a vastly improved performance to that which Fulham produced in September, when West Ham romped to a 3-0 win at Upton Park.

"We have to try and dominate the game," he said. "Against West Ham you can expect the same that they did at home, you know?

"They play from the back with support players like Mohamed Diame and Kevin Nolan.

"Maybe Andy Carroll will be back and Marouane Chamakh is back - they did some good business in the transfer window.

"We have to come up with different answers and the right answers.

"If we do that, I feel we are good enough to get some wins under out belt at home, certainly home against opposition like West Ham."

Jol is hoping to bring in some new faces before the transfer window closes tomorrow, with reports suggesting AC Milan's Urby Emanuelson could be on the way.

The only first-team addition so far this month has been Emmanuel Frimpong, who has joined on loan from Arsenal until the end of the season.

"Of course you want to do your business in the first week of January, but we are now in the last days," Jol said.

"That is not what you want but I can assure you we worked ever so hard and we would like to have a few quality players.

"As for Frimpong, I know this guy. I saw him play in the reserves, play for Wolves and at Charlton. He is a warrior.

"I think we don't only need back-up players, I think we need players that can play and be good off the ball."

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/home-form-vital-says-martin-jol-ahead-of-west-ham-clash-8471989.html

WhiteJC

Premier League Betting: West Ham to enjoy Fulham trip

Fulham v West Ham, Wednesday 20:00, Match odds: Fulham 2.28, West Ham 3.5, The Draw 3.5
If there was one fixture likely to transform West Ham's dismal away form then it's a trip across the capital to Fulham's gentile surroundings. As Opta reveal, the Hammers relish visiting Craven Cottage, with only fellow Londoners Arsenal bettering their six Premier League victories there. Furthermore, the Whites have failed to find the net in four of their last eight home games against the Irons.
Recommended Bet: Back West Ham to win @ 3.5

http://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/premier-league-betting-west-ham-to-enjoy-fulham-trip-290113-579.html?

WhiteJC

West Ham new boy goes straight into squad at Fulham while Carroll has a chance

New West Ham signing Emanuel Pogatetz is set to make his debut against Fulham at Craven Cottage tonight

West Ham defender Emanuel Pogatetz will walk straight into the Hammers squad for tonight's clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage as the Hammers look to turn around their alarming away form.

The 30-year-old Austria captain has signed on loan for the rest of the season from German outfit Wolfsburg and manager Sam Allardyce is relieved to have secured someone at long last.

"We are pleased to have him considering our defensive problems with the loss of James Collins and George McCartney which leaves us short in that area," said Allardyce.

"He is an experienced defender, both in Germany and in his time at Middlesbrough.

"He will come straight into the squad as he says he is fully fit and raring to go.

"He has had a break as they do in Germany, but he has trained every day and says he is fit."

Allardyce hopes that the arrival of fresh legs in defence will help turn things around for the Hammers whose recent form, especially on their travels has not been good.

"We have to play better than we have been away from home, that is the big message," said the boss.

"The squad has improved in terms of numbers, but we haven't managed a clean sheet recently and that, combined with a lack of goals is a problem which we have to improve on."

After tonight's game at Fulham, West Ham entertain Capital One Cup finalists Swansea City on Saturday and Allardyce knows that both matches are vital.

"We have two massive games on Wednesday and Saturday and then we are not involved in the cup, so it is two massive efforts from the players to establish themselves in the Premier League again," he said.

"I'm not saying win both, though I would love to win both, but come out of the back of those games undefeated.

"We need to put points on the board in both games, that is the most important thing now."

Allardyce will also muse over the prospect of bringing striker Andy Carroll back into the squad after he recovered from the injury that has kept him out since November 28.

"Andy is fit in terms of being clear from the injury and he is training with the players," explained the manager.

"But what I said before is it is our assessment of whether we involve him against Fulham having had no football and only two days of training with the rest of the squad. We don't know whether that would be too risky."

Tonight's game sees two teams not in the greatest of form. Fulham were crushed by Manchester United in the FA Cup on Saturday, while the Hammers were thrashed 5-1 at Arsenal last Wednesday.

Allardyce knows just how important the game will be: "Based on our recent results, it suggests that we are anything but comfortable," insisted the manager.

"We have played seven games and only taken five points, it is not enough and the players responsibility is to get more points on the board, starting against Fulham."

http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/west_ham_new_boy_goes_straight_into_squad_at_fulham_while_carroll_has_a_chance_1_1832455

WhiteJC

West Ham defender: 'We must improve our away form - starting at Fulham'

Hammers centre back Winston Reid is determined to help West Ham find their away form at Craven Cottage

West Ham defender Winston Reid insists that the team must improve their away form if they are to keep out of the Premier League danger zone – starting with tonight's trip to Fulham.

The Hammers have won two games on the road this season – at QPR and Newcastle – but they have scored just six goals, something the team has to improve upon,

"We would like to do better away from home," said the 24-year-old central defender.

"We have had a couple of wins, but we haven't scored enough goals really and that is not only the strikers, it is how we improve the service up to them – I think everyone can do better."

Fulham sit below the Hammers in the table and West Ham's record at Craven Cottage has been good in recent years, but Reid knows that they will have to work hard.

"Fulham haven't had the best of times, but there are no easy games in the Premier League," he said. "Look at the QPR game, we should have won it, we battered them, but that is what happens sometimes."

Reid has been one of the vital cogs in the team this season, but he still feels there is plenty of room for improvement.

"Obviously we haven't got the points we would have liked to have got, bit we need to look at ourselves and admit that we haven't been doing what we did in the first part of the season," said Reid.

"It is good that we had an excellent start , but you are always going to have a sticky patch, but we need to make sure that it doesn't last very long.

"We need some more points and want to keep looking upwards."

http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/west_ham_defender_we_must_improve_our_away_form_starting_at_fulham_1_1832459

WhiteJC

Emanuelson Looking Forward To Reuniting With Jol
by LRCN on JANUARY 30, 2013

Urby Emanuelson has given his first words to the press since the news of his move to Fulham broke. The five month loan deal will see the 26 year old be working once again under manager Martin Jol, who each enjoyed success during their time at Ajax.

Talking to Dutch paper De Telegraaf, Emanuelson said:

"I will finish the season with a loan deal. I have worked in a very good way with him (Martin Jol) at Ajax and am happy as he gives me the chance. Martin has a lot of confidence in me and that's what I need right now. At AC Milan I ended up on the bench from nowhere and I was really shocked with that. The previous two months were hard. At my age it is important to play week in, week out."

LRCN

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/01/emanuelson-looking-forward-to-reuniting-with-jol/?

WhiteJC

Jol in confident mood

Martin Jol knows it is "vital" for Fulham to start picking up wins at Craven Cottage, starting with West Ham on Wednesday evening.

After a bright start to the season the Cottagers have tailed off dramatically, winning just two of their last 15 league games.

That poor run of form has seen them drop to 14th in the Premier League standings and just five points off the relegation zone after last night's results.

Jol is hoping for a change in fortunes today when Fulham take on the Hammers - a match the Dutchman expects three points from.

"Of course we have to feel confident because it is a home game," he told Fulham TV

"It's important for us that we pick up the points from home games, especially against the teams around us. That is vital.

"So it is a different game but we had a good spell before losing at Man City - two away wins, two home draws.

"Of course you want more but we were still unbeaten and then we went to Man City and it is not easy to play against these teams."

Jol will be looking for a vastly improved performance to that which Fulham produced in September, when West Ham romped to a 3-0 win at Upton Park.

"We have to try and dominate the game," he said. "Against West Ham you can expect the same that they did at home, you know?

"They play from the back with support players like Mohamed Diame and Kevin Nolan.

"Maybe Andy Carroll will be back and Marouane Chamakh is back - they did some good business in the transfer window.

"If we do that, I feel we are good enough to get some wins under out belt at home, certainly home against opposition like West Ham."

Jol is hoping to bring in some new faces before the transfer window closes tomorrow, with reports suggesting AC Milan's Urby Emanuelson could be on the way.

The only first-team addition so far this month has been Emmanuel Frimpong, who has joined on loan from Arsenal until the end of the season.

"Of course you want to do your business in the first week of January, but we are now in the last days," Jol said.

"That is not what you want but I can assure you we worked ever so hard and we would like to have a few quality players.

"As for Frimpong, I know this guy. I saw him play in the reserves, play for Wolves and at Charlton. He is a warrior.

"I think we don't only need back-up players, I think we need players that can play and be good off the ball."

http://www.teamtalk.com/fulham/8455114/Jol-in-confident-mood?

WhiteJC

Jol desperate for three points against West Ham

Martin Jol knows it is "vital" for Fulham to start picking up wins at Craven Cottage, starting with West Ham this evening.

"Of course we have to feel confident because it is a home game," he told Fulham TV

"It's important for us that we pick up the points from home games, especially against the teams around us. That is vital.

http://www.london24.com/sport/fulham/jol_desperate_for_three_points_against_west_ham_1_1832529

WhiteJC

Why Fulham want Emanuelson

There was a time before his move to AC Milan when Fulham manager Martin Jol convinced Urby Emanuelson to turn down a move to Tottenham Hotspur to secure a switch to the Rossoneri. The Dutchman heeded the advice of his former manager and moved to the San Siro from Ajax just over two years ago.

Now it appears the pairing are to be reunited once again, with the Cottagers expected to announce the loan signing of the 26-year-old prior to the transfer window closing on Thursday night. Emanuelson has rarely featured under Massimiliano Allegri this term, despite making 20 appearances in all competitions, many of which have come from the bench.

It's no surprise, in that case, to see the Fulham boss for his compatriot, with the pairing having worked together during their respective time with Ajax. Reports now suggest that Emanuelson is in London ahead of a medical and to agree personal terms, in what will only be a good move for the Cottagers.

With John Arne Riise and Kieran Richardson both failing to impress Jol this season, a reunion could be exactly what it is needed to kick-start his career. Furthermore, his versatility will only bolster Fulham's attacking and defensive options and will be the west Londoners second loan signing this month following the capture of Emmanuel Frimpong from Arsenal.
Urby Emanuelson || The new Top - Player of A.C. Milan

http://www.footballfriendsonline.com/blogs/2013/1/30/why-fulham-want-emanuelson.html?

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs set to plunder stricken Birmingham City before deadline day
Birmingham City are set for a frantic deadline day which could see at least four players leave St Andrew's.

In demand: Birmingham City goalkeeper Jack Butland may snub Chelsea in favour of first-team football at Fulham
Photo: PA

England goalkeeper Jack Butland is a target for Chelsea, Liverpool and Fulham while winger Nathan Redmond has been the subject of a surprise £2 million bid from Watford.

Chelsea are yet to make an official bid for Butland, 19, but are expected to make an offer in the final hours leading up to Thursday's 11pm deadline.

Watford have made a cash offer for Redmond, the England under-19 international, and are hopeful of an answer from their Championship rivals today.

Birmingham have also turned down an approach from Wolves for Curtis Davies and Marlon King, two of the club's biggest earners, in the last 24 hours.

And former manager Alex McLeish, now at Nottingham Forest, has failed with an improved bid of £500,000 from for Chris Burke.

Birmingham are facing the prospect of administration if they fail to raise funds and are bracing themselves for more interest in the next two days.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/birmingham-city/9836316/Premier-League-clubs-set-to-plunder-stricken-Birmingham-City-before-deadline-day.html

WhiteJC

Martin Jol confident Fulham can beat West Ham tonight
Fulham manager knows the need to pick up home points

PA

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/martin-jol-confident-fulham-can-beat-west-ham-tonight-8472193.html

WhiteJC

QPR beat Liverpool and Fulham to defender deal

Transfer News: QPR have brought in defender Yun Suk-Young on a three-and-a-half year deal.

The highly-rated defender, who was an integral member of the South Korean Olympic squad that won bronze at the London Games last summer, joined the R's agreed an undisclosed fee with K-League side Chunnam Dragons for his services.

Yun, 22, made his full South Korea debut last October in a FIFA World Cup qualifier against Iran.

The left-back, who has been named in the South Korea squad that take on Croatia in a friendly at Craven Cottage early next month, has been on the radar of a number of top European clubs in the last few years.

Suk-Young has been granted a work permit and will be eligible to play for the R's once he obtains a visa.

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/qpr_beat_liverpool_and_fulham_to_defender_deal_1_1832717

WhiteJC

Fulham to loan Dutch international

Urby Emanuelson is set to join Fulham on loan from AC Milan, the Netherlands international having fallen out of favour at the San Siro.

"I will finish the season with a loan deal," Emanuelson, who joined Milan from Ajax Amsterdam in 2011, is quoted as saying by Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf.

"I have worked in a very good way with (Martin Jol) at Ajax, and am happy as he gives me the chance.

"Martin has a lot of confidence in me, and that's what I need right now.

"At AC Milan, I ended up on the bench from nowhere and I was really shocked with that.

"The previous two months were hard.

"At my age it is important to play week in, week out."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1138905/?

WhiteJC

Tony Cottee Column: Fulham is a massive game for us

West Ham legend is hoping for a turnaround in fortunes tonight

They say things go in threes, but I certainly hope not as I have seen the youth team get thumped 5-2 and then the first team lose at Arsenal 5-1!

Tonight's game against Fulham is a massive one and I really think that we have a chance.

Obviously Dimitar Berbatov is the dangerman, but it depends on whether the goalscorer turns up or the bloke who just likes to stroll around the field – hopefully it is the latter.

I will be there for the game and though I would predict a 1-1 draw, I am hoping for a win.

Next up on Saturday are Swansea City who have certainly surprised me this year. They did so well last season and I was expecting them to suffer from the second-season syndrome, especially having changed their manager.

But they have been brilliant and have even got to the Capital One Cup Final, though hopefully the distraction of that will help West Ham to win on Saturday – I will go for a 1-0.

People have said to me that they don't want to see a final between Swansea and Bradford but I totally disagree. That is what the romance of the cup is all about and I can't wait to watch it.

It was all going so well for West Ham at Arsenal at half time last week. I was in one of the hospitality boxes at the Emirates, surrounded by Gunners, and I have to say that I jumped in the air cheering when Jack Collison's shot hit the net.

It was a strange sort of game, because although West Ham played well in the first half and got at them a little bit, I still felt that Arsenal looked like they may score with every attack.

Of course, at the start of the second half, they did and I felt that we came out after the break half asleep.

It was really hard to watch and I really think we should have had more of a go at them. It is all very well the manager going there for a point, but when Arsenal are on form, they can be unstoppable.

These things happen. I remember us getting thrashed 6-0 at Liverpool way back in 1984 when it could really have been 20-0! But at least that was against the European champions!

Some people are getting worried and I think if we had lost to a Southampton or Reading I would be too, but Arsenal are a good team and on their day can beat anyone.

Just a quick word on the injury to Dan Potts.

It looked like such an innocuous challenge, but when you see the players and the ref calling over the medical team like that you have to worry. You have to praise the job done by all the medical staff, after the Muamba incident last season, we all know what a great job they do.

It is the second time it has happened to Dan this season and all I can say is that he obviously heads the ball much more often than his Dad!

http://www.london24.com/sport/west-ham/tony_cottee_column_fulham_is_a_massive_game_for_us_1_1832604

WhiteJC

Emanuelson: I'm heading to Fulham

Urby Emanuelson has confirmed speculation he will join Fulham on loan until the end of the season.

It was widely reported on Tuesday that Emanuelson, 26, was set to move to the Premier League and re-join former Ajax coach Martin Jol at Craven Cottage.

The Netherlands international has since admitted to De Telegraaf that the news is true as he is expected in London for a medical on Wednesday.

"I will finish the season with a loan deal," Emanuelson said. "I have worked very well with Jol at Ajax and am happy as he gives me the chance."

"Martin has a lot of confidence in me and that's what I need right now. At Milan I ended up on the bench from nowhere and I was really shocked with that."

"The previous two months were hard and at my age it is important to play week in, week out."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1319249?&cc=5739

WhiteJC

Fulham v West Ham: Goals unlikely, but worth backing home win
West Ham struggle for away goals and could well be without both first-choice central defenders

Fulham have struggled to score more than one goal in their most recent fixtures, but this may be about to change as they claim a victory at Craven Cottage that will enable them to leapfrog West Ham in the Premier League standings.

Only twice in their last 15 fixtures in all competitions have Fulham managed two goals or more and they have scored exactly once in each of their last four at home.

However, West Ham have been quite generous on the road of late by conceding nine goals across their last three away fixtures and things will not get any easier with regular defensive pairing James Collins and Winston Reid both struggling to be fit.

This could mean an immediate start for new loan recruit Emmanuel Pogatetz, although he may be on the rusty side having not played for Wolfsburg since October.

Recent form and the fact that Fulham have not netted more than once in three successive meetings with West Ham mean that under 1.5 goals for Martin Jol's men here at 4/6 may have some appeal.

But West Ham's defensive headache does suggest that 11/10 is the better bet that Fulham score at least twice.

Another problem for West Ham has proved their major lack of away goals, as Jack Collison's goal in the 5-1 defeat at Arsenal was their first on their travels since November, a run of five fixtures without a goal.

Taking everything into consideration, a low-scoring encounter looks on the cards and under 2.5 goals in the match appears a bit of a steal at 5/6.

A Fulham win in a game with no more than two goals may also be slightly undervalued at 7/2, which is available through the coupled correct scoreline market offering a Fulham triumph either 1-0 or 2-0.

In terms of match betting, Fulham are 6/5 to claim the three points, with West Ham at 23/10 and the draw priced at 9/4.

http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/fulham-v-west-ham-goals-unlikely-but-worth-backing-home-win_136271.html

WhiteJC

Twitter T-Shirt Competition

Today we hit another social media milestone as we reached 100,000 followers on twitter! Thank you for your ongoing support and, to celebrate, we want your help!

To commemorate reaching 100k followers on twitter, we are holding a t-shirt design competition and are inviting fans to get creative and send in their best work. All you need to do is follow a few simple rules:

The t-shirt needs to be white, black or grey
The design must contain the hashtag #ffc; but feel free to include a slogan or our handle @fulhamfc
Designs can be submitted via twitter using #ffc100k or emailed to [email protected]
The design should be kept to the front of the shirt only
The winning design will be reviewed and selected by FFC staff and we will get the shirts printed and sold instore. The winner will receive their shirt for free and we'll get it signed by the First Team!

Fans have until 5pm Friday 8th February to submit a design.

Good Luck!

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/january/30/twitter-t-shirt-comp?

WhiteJC

Bullet dodged at Fulham lose out to Hoffenheim in chase for striker. Transfer Scouting Report.

It's fair to say that life at Fulham isn't going as Martin Jol had initially planned. The Cottagers are currently 14th in the Premier League after a poor run of form that has seen them pick up just one win in their last seven games.

Goals for the west London side haven't necessarily been a problem for the club this season, having netted 33 league goals after 23 games – two less than fifth placed Everton. However, shipping goals is evidently the problem for Fulham, having let in 40.

One would've imagined that the Dutchman would press ahead to sign a defender to counteract the poor record at the back, but instead reports suggest that Fulham are prepared to spend on investing a new striker, perhaps to ease the burden on star frontman Dimitar Berbatov.

In that case, speculation on Tuesday suggested that the club were ready to bring in Igor de Camargo from Borussia Monchengladbach prior to the close of the transfer window on Thursday. The news that Hoffenheim have hijacked the move should come as a great relief to Fulham fans who need to prioritise elsewhere, especially when they look at how average de Camargo has been this season
In his time with Monchengladbach, his strike rate hasn't been particularly impressive, averaging a little more than a goal every four games – an abysmal record for a striker. In fact, in 22 appearances in all competitions for the club, de Camargo has netted just five goals this season.

Camargo's Bundesliga goals this season

Two of which have come in his 14 Bundesliga appearances for Die Fohlen, with both coming in draws for Monchengladbach. Focusing first of all in the 1-1 stalemate with Freiburg, the 29-year-old enjoyed an impressive performance, prior to his substitution in the 72nd minute.

de Camargo earned himself a 50 for his display that day, winning three of his four aerial duels to boost his score higher. However, winning just one of three take ons, committing three fouls and failing with his one attempted clearance, it's remarkable his score was even that high.

Prior to his 49th minute strike, the frontman's highest score was a 26 in the 20th minute. However, following his goal that gave Monchengladbach the initiative on the day, his score soared as high as 64 before dropping to 50 again.

His pass completion percentage was a respectable 78%, with 18 of his 23 passes finding a teammate, but if it wasn't for his goal; it's fair to say de Camargo would've finished with a lower performance score.

De Camargo's pass map vs Freiburg

Compared with his other game in which he scored – the 1-1 draw with FC Schalke 04 – de Camargo's performance score dropped significantly from 50, being substituted in the 79th minute with a score of -18.

Regardless of his 62nd minute opener with his only shot of the game, the 29-year-old completed just 32% of his 22 attempted passes, not to mention his two of 10 aerial duels won – a very poor return for a player who stands at 6ft 2in.

De Camargo's headed duels vs Schalke 04

Only his goal brought his score up as high as it was, with the 29-year-old verging on delving as far down as the -40′s. His two fouls committed didn't aid his cause and regardless of his strike; he was lucky to have stayed on the pitch as long as he did.
Fans can understand the desire to bring attacking reinforcements, but for a team that have conceded 40 goals already in the Premier League, the need to bolster the defence, with Brede Hangeland's contract expiring in the summer, is surely a higher priority.

http://blog.squawka.com/2013/01/30/bullet-dodged-at-fulham-lose-out-to-hoffenheim-in-chase-for-striker-transfer-scouting-report/?

WhiteJC

EXCLUSIVE: Fulham make £5m bid for Tottenham midfielder Huddlestone as Jol closes in on Milan loan star Emanuelson

Fulham hope to complete a move for Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone before the transfer window closes.

The Cottagers have made a £5million bid and are confident that they will get their man.

Fulham manager Martin Jol has prioritised a move for a midfielder and worked with Huddlestone at Tottenham.

Going west: Tom Huddlestone looks set to join Fulham

The 26-year-old has made more than 150 appearances for Spurs since his move from Derby Country in 2005.

Fulham are also in advanced talks to sign AC Milan midfielder Urby Emanuelson on loan. The 26-year-old Holland star can play left back, midfield and as a winger.

The player has been increasingly sidelined at Milan this season and has not found a settled position in the side.

Emanuelson is understood to be in London where he will have a medical and sign the contract until the end of the season.

Heading to London: Emanuelson flying in for Fulham talks

Emanuelson all but confirmed the move on Tuesday when he tweeted: 'a strange day... Leaving Milano for London... Tomorrow we know more' and was photographed on a flight to London by Green Soccer Journal.

The 26-year-old played under Fulham boss Martin Jol at Ajax and has been capped 16 times.

He will become Fulham's second loan signing this month after Emmanuel Frimpong joined from Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270625/Fulham-make-5m-bid-Tom-Huddlestone.html#ixzz2JTONl7P0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook