watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

what happened to boetang???

Started by tonynorton, January 31, 2013, 11:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

With regard to point 5 I'd assume that an option to buy involves an agreed price. If not it's meaningless.

Probably all that's necessary is for us to exercise the option and pay the price. Same applies to the players' contract.

I could of course be wrong but if the correct terminology is being used then that should be the effect.

BestOfBrede

5. I don't agree with the assumption that a player will decide to make his loan deal permanent. Let's say this is what happens with Riether. After the season he's had with us, he'll cost us two to three times more to sign this summer than he might have last summer. Frankly, he's been so good for us, we probably can't afford him any more.
I agree but there's the other side of the coin: If we bought these players rather than on loan and they didn't make it here, then we would have wasted money.

6. One of the things about BUYING players is that you can subsequently SELL them and actually bring in money to use for, you know, upgrading your squad.
Agree but again as per 5 - what if we paid for a dud - their sell on fee would be substantially lower and again a loss of money rather than being careful/testing the water? Don't forget it appears that Jan is a very difficult window where you have to pay well over the odds, evidently.