watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Emanuelson is a bit like Dembele"

Started by Sector9, February 01, 2013, 01:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sector9

...the words we've all been waiting to hear!

FFC press conference

Matt

I would be surprised if he is, to say the least. Poor boy has a lot to live up to now...
Oh you lucky people, we're the best team in the land!

MasterHaynes

Not the same physique at all, and he attacks from the wing which was Dembele of old not the new Box to box deeper centrally lying midfielder Dembele

ffc73

086.gif So he over elaborates and is not enough effective enough in the final third?

I prefer to consider him as our new player, Emanuelson, and look forward to seeing the wonderful things he will do for us

mangoputney

Has the press conference been uploaded anywhere yet? any links?
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

EJL

Bit of an odd comparison. Jol can say it all he wants but Dembele has not been properly replaced.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: FFC73 on February 01, 2013, 01:50:51 PM
086.gif So he over elaborates and is not enough effective enough in the final third?

I prefer to consider him as our new player, Emanuelson, and look forward to seeing the wonderful things he will do for us

Puts him, Urby, under pressure before he starts, unfaily raises fans expectations. Jol has been saying what we all know, we have missed Dembele and if we could have kept him results would have been different.
Can't understand why he just didn't say he was a great player and we were very lucky to get him. Everyone happy then

cottage cheese

It was under Martin who put him into midfield and created the monster that he is Dembele. Urby could be quite decent and the only way to see is to give him  a chance

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Hopefully that doesn't mean he will run around in circles....

Mr K.Dilkington

Both exciting players but completely different in their own right.
Foolish ham

valdeingruo

086.gifWell he could mean the other Dembele
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

FFC1987

Well Jol never compared to the modern day CM Dembele, he said he is like Dembele before he was a CM. Not sure what the problem is.

Quote from: EJL on February 01, 2013, 01:58:58 PM
Bit of an odd comparison. Jol can say it all he wants but Dembele has not been properly replaced.

Which is good, because he never said that.

Been blown way out of proportion, an off the cuff comment and suddenly its bad man management...

JackyFulham90

Am looking forward to seeing Emanuelson play for us

gezkc

Quote from: MasterHaynes on February 01, 2013, 01:59:17 PM
Puts him, Urby, under pressure before he starts, unfaily raises fans expectations. Jol has been saying what we all know, we have missed Dembele and if we could have kept him results would have been different.
Can't understand why he just didn't say he was a great player and we were very lucky to get him. Everyone happy then

I find Jol says a lot of things that come across as being a bit tactless. I'm not sure if it's a language thing, or just the way he is.

HatterDon

nor has Murphy. The thing is that we can't afford a player as good as Dembele is now. As for Murphy, there are at least 15 Premier League clubs that would love to have the Murphy we signed from Spurs. Players like Murphy are very thin on the ground. We're blessed to have had him in our colors.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

God The Mechanic

Quote from: HatterDon on February 01, 2013, 03:09:25 PM
nor has Murphy. The thing is that we can't afford a player as good as Dembele is now. As for Murphy, there are at least 15 Premier League clubs that would love to have the Murphy we signed from Spurs. Players like Murphy are very thin on the ground. We're blessed to have had him in our colors.

Yeh, the club got very lucky with both of those.  And both improved beyond recognition too, so hoping to replace either let alone both would be fruitless.

filham

Wishful thinking by Jol. Can yoe imagine any club loaning us a player up to  Dembele's standard on loan for 14 premiership matches.

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: filham on February 01, 2013, 03:30:04 PM
Wishful thinking by Jol. Can yoe imagine any club loaning us a player up to  Dembele's standard on loan for 14 premiership matches.

Oh come on, he said "a bit like Dembele" that could be any bit from his general play. For example if you look at the videos of Emanuelson on youtube you can make a conclusion he's better than Dembele cause after all the dribbling he usually ends up one on one with the keeper and scores....

EJL

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 01, 2013, 02:54:01 PM
Well Jol never compared to the modern day CM Dembele, he said he is like Dembele before he was a CM. Not sure what the problem is.

Which is good, because he never said that.

Been blown way out of proportion, an off the cuff comment and suddenly its bad man management...
I'm just going off the only quote available to me in the thread. Not my fault if it's out of context.

McBridefan1

yes he should have tempered things by saying, he is a bit like Dembele and a bit like shefki kuqi... there everyone satisfied?