https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff(06/02/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 06, 2013, 04:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Molde take Dalla Valle on trial
by DAN on FEBRUARY 5, 2013

Molde have taken Fulham forward Lauri Dalla Valle on trial.

The former Liverpool striker is currently training with the Norwegian outfit, managed by former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, with a view to a possible permanent move. Dalla Valle has struggled to make an impact since joining Fulham along with Alex Kacaniklic as part of the deal that took Paul Konchesky to Anfield three years, making just two substitutes appearances – in the Europa League qualifying round – for the first team.

Most of his first team football has come on loan with recent spells at Bournemouth, Dundee United, Exeter City and Crewe. The 21 year-old is unlikely to make the breakthrough at Craven Cottage with Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega firmly established as Dimitar Berbatov's understudies.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/02/molde-take-dalla-valle-on-trial/?

WhiteJC

Pescara keen to resurrect Kasami deal

Pajtim Kasami could still make a loan move to Serie A despite a faulty internet connection scuppering a deadline day switch to Pescara.

The Swiss midfielder's move couldn't be completed before the transfer window closed after the wi-fi went down at the hotel that Kasami's agent was staying at. However, Pescara are still eager to add the 20 year-old to their squad and Mino Raiola hopes to resurrect his client's move by taking the paperwork from both clubs demonstrating that a deal had been concluded prior to the deadline to the Italian authorities.

Kasami has started just one game for Fulham this season – the 1-0 League Cup loss to Sheffield Wednesday in August – and is unlikely to be involved in Martin Jol's first-team squad much for the remainder of the season after Fulham strengthened their midfield by signing three midfielders on loan during the January window.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/02/pescara-keen-to-resurrect-kasami-deal/?

WhiteJC

Hughes becoming Northern Ireland's elder statesman

Aaron Hughes feels as though he's fast becoming an elder statesman in the Northern Ireland squad as new manager Michael O'Neill brings through a new generation.

The Fulham centre back is quoted by the Belfast News Letter as finding it difficult to fit into the conversations of the younger members' of the squad because he's not all that au fait with the latest video games:

I honestly look around and feel as if I am the one who needs to make the effort to fit in, rather than the younger ones coming through to settle in the team. They all know each other from the under 18 and under 21s, I could be sitting at lunch or dinner on a table on my own! They're all chatting about Fifa '13 or Call of Duty and I'm... well, not really in the conversation!

More understated than the conventional leadership figure, Hughes is hoping to use his international experience to benefit a new crop of Northern Irish talent having been persuaded to return to the national side by O'Neill.

It's never really been a case of younger players asking me about much, the experienced ones tend to pass it on during training and encourage them to pick up good habits, as well as show a strong work ethic. It's a good thing, however, that the squad is so young. A lot of them are scoring at their own clubs regularly, which you could argue is the opposite to Northern Ireland normally, but you hope they'll bring their confidence to the game which should yield goals.

There's probably an element of fearlessness among them, possibly verging on being a bit naive about the whole thing, because it's all new. But it's still football and they're no less professional. It's just a positive, because they get out and play, without thinking about any pressure. They don't have the same baggage.

Northern Ireland are looking to celebrate the first anniversary of O'Neill taking charge of the national side with a first win under the new boss against Malta in this week's friendly.

It would be great to get the first win for Michael, so we don't have to talk about it anymore. We are missing Chris Baird and Kyle Lafferty for the next qualifier so changes do need to be made. We go away for club football and the break in between can be two or three months.

This therefore is a welcome refresher, but we are looking for the performance first and foremost, something which can give us a boost ahead of the qualifiers restarting. I know people will say 'it's only a friendly' and that it's a grind to be away, but it's always good to be part of the set-up.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/02/hughes-becoming-northern-irelands-elder-statesman/?

WhiteJC

Fulham have €1.5m option on Riether

Reports in the German press claim that Fulham have a €1.5m option to finalise a permanent transfer for Sascha Riether this summer – and the full-back's parent club FC Köln would like to complete a deal to boost their own transfer budget.

Riether has been a revelation at right back since joining Fulham in the summer and was outstanding in Saturday's defeat by Manchester United at Craven Cottage. The former German international's agent is quoted suggesting that Riether would be keen to return to FC Köln at the end of his loan, although he also stresses that the 29 year-old will make the final decision about his future.

FC Köln's sporting director Claus Horstmann discloses that he last spoke to Riether in September and confirmed that Fulham do have an option of securing Riether's signature for what seems a bargain price of €1.5m. Given the praise that Riether has attracted already during his short spell in England and that Fulham let Stephen Kelly join Reading towards the end of the transfer window, you would expect the Whites to be keen to agree a long-term deal with the loanee.

Fulham manager Martin Jol was quoted in January as saying he would be keen to sign Riether, who has played in every game for the club this season, on a permanent basis:

Sascha Riether has done a great job for us. He's enthusiastic, mobile and aggressive. I only wanted him on loan because you never know how they'll do. If he carries on like this we will make our mind up and try to extend it or buy him.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/02/fulham-have-e1-5m-option-on-riether/?

WhiteJC

Petric loving life at Fulham

The latest edition of Halftime, Fulham's magazine for their younger supporters, carries an interesting interview with Croatian forward Mladen Petric, who the fans have seen far too little of lately.

The former Hamburg forward started the season in terrific touch, scoring twice against Norwich after a terrific pre-season following his free transfer in the summer. Since being troubled by an untimely muscle injury, Petric has found starts harder to come by – especially after the arrival of Dimitar Berbatov in August – but his predatory instincts are a real benefit to the side, as shown by the manner in which he forced home Fulham's third goal against West Ham in injury time last week.

Petric admits he hardly needed convincing to join Fulham having played against them in the legendary Europa League semi-final, scoring Hamburg's goal with a powerful free-kick in the second leg, and after playing under Martin Jol at the German side. He also got a favourable first impression of Craven Cottage, which he described as 'not like most grounds – it's nice and traditional'.

The 32 year-old says he's really enjoying life in south west London:

Yes, of course! I had a fantastic pre-season and then I made a good start to the new campaign in the Barclays Premier League. I was a bit unlucky with a small muscle injury but now I am fit again. I hope to get a bit more time on the pitch in the second half of the season and I will do my best in training to show the gaffer that I deserve it.

Petric is also relishing the opportunity to test himself in the Premier League, which he admitted was always a lifelong aspiration. He's already troubled some of the top defences – having played a key part in Fulham's second goal at Old Trafford back in August and scored against Manchester City at Craven Cottage.

I don't know if it's [the Premier League] the hardest, but it's the best league in the world. There are so many good players here and so many superstars at each club. If you compare it to Germany, only Bayern Munich really have the big names.

Petric, who first shot to prominence with Basel and Grasshoppers in Switzerland, has made his unique bow and arrow celebration famous – and the Fulham fans will be hoping to see a lot more of it before the season's out.

I am thinking of stopping it! It started as a celebration after the birth of my daughter. But the fans seem to like it and want me to do it if I score so maybe I will keep it!

The striker is targeting a higher finish than last season and insists he's not given up on the possibility of European football returning to the Cottage. Petric might have had to fight for a first team place after his injury lay-off but his perseverance and reading of the game – not to mention his tireless running up front – make him a handy weapon for Jol to have at his disposal during the second half of the season.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2013/02/petric-loving-life-at-fulham/?

WhiteJC

Fulham loanee Riether unlikely to return to Koln

Martin Jol's side have an option to buy the right-back after his season-long loan deal expires, but his parent club suggest they will seek a buyer regardless of his form

FC Koln coach Jorg Jakobs has claimed the club have no interest in keeping Fulham loanee Sascha Riether when he returns from his spell with the Cottagers.

The 29-year-old has impressed for the Premier League club this season, and fared particularly well during their recent 1-0 home defeat to Manchester United last Saturday.

However, it seems as though the Bundesliga 2 side are intent on seeking a buyer for the defender due to their relegation last season, regardless of whether Martin Jol's side decide to make the temporary stay a permanent one.

"[Riether's] made a good name for himself. Even if Fulham wouldn't want him, another club will come," Jakobs told Express.

However, Riether's agent Volker Struth does not share Jakobs' view that his client will definitely be making a departure from the RheinEnergieStadion in the summer.

"We were surprised hearing these statements from Cologne. Right now the situation is that Sascha will return to Cologne in the summer," Struth told reporters.

Koln's director Claus Horstmann revealed that Fulham have an option to buy the player - who can also operate in midfield - but insisted that no deal has been attempted yet.

"I've talked to Sascha in September. Fulham has got an option to sign him, it's not certain if they will make use of it," Horstmann said.

Riether has been an ever-present for Martin Jol's side this season, playing in all of the Cottagers' 25 league games.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/02/06/3730347/-?

WhiteJC

Middlesbrough 2-2 U21s

Ryan Williams' late equaliser clinched a share of the spoils as Fulham Under-21s recovered to draw at Middlesbrough.

Cauley Woodrow had given the young Whites the perfect start when the striker pounced to convert Sean Kavanagh's cross in the opening minute, but Kit Symons' Team were soon pegged back.

Curtis Main struck to level the scores three minutes later with a composed finish and Luke Williams' smart effort put the home side into the ascendancy on the stroke of half-time.

The Whites moved up through the gears after the interval, with Woodrow denied a second goal by the offside flag before he saw an effort cannon off the crossbar.

As Symons' side piled forward, the pressure finally paid when Ryan Williams kept calm to stroke in the equaliser in the closing moments.

The Whites had goalkeeper Jesse Joronen to thank for some crucial saves which kept Middlesbrough at bay, but Symons believes a couple of concentration lapses cost them victory.

"We had the momentum and we were the better side in the second half so I was delighted when Ryan popped up to make it 2-2," Symons told fulhamfc.com.

"The tempo of our passing was much better, but Middlesbrough had a couple of good chances too and we've got Jesse [Joronen] to thank for a great save late on to keep it level.

"The only disappointing thing was the nature of the goals we conceded. We lost concentration and they were very sloppy which is very annoying as otherwise it was a good performance.

"We started brilliantly, scoring the early goal, then conceded those two really sloppy goals which I'm not happy about, but we responded well and finished the game strongly."

Fulham: Joronen; Passley, Burgess, Grimmer, Kavanagh; Williams, Minkwitz, Smith, Altman; David, Woodrow. Subs: Grainger, Donegan, Christensen, Islamovic.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/06/middlesbrough-u21s?

WhiteJC

Former Man United and Fulham star set for Lazio switch

Louis Saha is close to joining Lazio.

The striker has been without a club since he was released from his contract back in the January transfer window.

Saha, 34, has also played for Newcastle, Fulham, Manchester United, Tottenham and Everton but it appears the free agent has finished his links with the Premier League.

Instead, he is in Rome negotiating a deal with Serie A giants Lazio.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130206/former-man-united-and-fulham-star-set-lazio-switch-191078?#ixzz2K8EhNWm3
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter
Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/130206/former-man-united-and-fulham-star-set-lazio-switch-191078?#troYx2cHOXlObJjD.99

WhiteJC

International Preview

A host of Fulham players are set to feature for their respective countries on Wednesday in a variety of World Cup Qualifiers and international friendly matches.

Round Four of the North, Central America and Caribbean Qualifiers kick-off as Costa Rica face Panama in Panama City. With matches against the likes of the United States and Mexico to come, Bryan Ruiz and co will be hoping for a positive result in their opening match.

Ashkan Dejagah is also in competitive action as Iran face Lebanon in Group A of the Asian Qualifiers. Victory over the bottom-placed side in Tehran could send Iran to the top of the table depending on other results.

The remaining senior internationals are all friendly matches and Aaron Hughes has travelled with Northern Ireland as they face Malta at Ta'Qali Stadium, while Mladen Petrić is closer to home as his Croatia side face the Korea Republic at Craven Cottage.

Mark Schwarzer's Australia meet Romania in Marbella, with John Arne Riise and Brede Hangeland not too far away in Sevilla for Norway's game with Ukraine.

His fine form for Fulham has seen Giorgos Karagounis maintain his place in the Greece squad for their match against Switzerland in Piraeus. Meanwhile, Alexander Kačaniklić will come up against Lionel Messi in Sweden's clash with Argentina in Solna.

In the final senior match, Neil Etheridge could add to his haul of caps for the Philippines in their tie against Myanmar in Yangon.

Representing their Under-21 sides, Pajtim Kasami has been called up by Switzerland for their match against Slovakia in Villarreal, Omri Altman and Israel take on Serbia, while Jack Grimmer represents Scotland U19s in their match against the Netherlands.

Lasse Vigen Christensen captained Denmark U19s in their 3-1 defeat by England in Doncaster on Tuesday evening. Lasse played the full 90 minutes of what was an exciting game at the Keepmoat Stadium.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/06/international-preview?

WhiteJC

Dynamo Kiev renew interest in Fulham winger

DYNAMO Kiev are preparing a second bid for Fulham winger Alex Kacaniklic.

The Chronicle understands the Ukrainians had an offer rejected by the Whites last month but remain keen on the Sweden international.

Kacaniklic has been a regular for Fulham this season, making 19 appearances for Martin Jol's men.

However, the 21-year-old was an unused sub in Saturday's defeat to Manchester United, with the arrival of AC Milan midfielder Urby Emanuelson likely to force him further down the pecking order.

Kacaniklic, who signed a new long-term deal in the summer, is understood to be happy at Craven Cottage, but Kiev are set to test Fulham's resolve again with an improved offer.

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/02/06/82029-32757868/?#ixzz2K8FCUJhx

WhiteJC

Stoke Hospitality

Join us when Fulham take on Stoke City in the Barclays Premier League (Saturday 23rd February, 12.45pm) from the comfort of a Shared Executive Suite.
By purchasing a place in one of our available Shared Executive Suites, you will enjoy a hot meal before kick-off and then watch the Whites from balcony seats that offer a fantastic view of the Cottage pitch.

Our Executive Suites get you closer to the action, and promise you the personal attention of a friendly, dedicated Fulham hostess.

Prices for these Shared Executive Suites start from just £85 per person and can be purchased online, by email, or by phone on 020 8336 7555 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm).

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/06/stoke-hospitality?

WhiteJC

Inside Carrow Road

Canaries fan David Powles, Assistant Editor of the Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News, gives us an insight into the away camp ahead of Fulham's clash at Carrow Road on Saturday.

What are your views of Norwich's campaign so far?

It's been a strange one. We started with seven games without a win, then went 10 unbeaten and have now gone eight more without a win. Considering it's Chris Hughton's first season, however, I'm happy as long as we stay up.

What were the aims and expectations at the start of the season?

Survival – plain and simple. However, a cup run is important for clubs like Norwich and Fulham and we had two great opportunities to make real progress in both domestic competitions – and threw them both away.

What's the verdict on Chris Hughton?

As a man – excellent. He's a true gent and I really want him to do well. As a manager, very good, but the real test will be to ensure progress next season, as long as we stay up.

Were you pleased with your January transfer window dealings?

Yes. A lot of fans were disappointed but I think expectations rose when they started to see names like Gary Hooper bandied about. I think Luciano Becchio can give us the extra few goals we need to stay up.

Who have been your star players this season?

Robert Snodgrass, Sebastien Bassong and Wes Hoolahan.

What sort of game are you expecting on Saturday – presumably you'll be hoping to fare better than you did at Craven Cottage on the opening day?

Hopefully a free-flowing game which Norwich win 4-3.

Which players do you fear in the Fulham squad?

I think Brede Hangeland is quality. Bryan Ruiz looks excellent on his day and Damien Duff always seems to do well against Norwich.

For those Fulham fans making the trip, what are the best things about visiting Carrow Road?

A beautiful city. Come early and take a look, it will surprise you.

Where's the best place for a pre-match pint?

Most away fans head to the Compleat Angler outside the train station but I'd recommend The Murderers for a bit of pre-match banter. We don't really do aggro.

What's the one song Fulham fans are bound to hear?

To the melody of La Bamba:

Javier, Javier, Javier Garrido
He loves paella, and now he's a yella.

Score prediction?

2-0 City.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/06/inside-carrow-road?