News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riverside remodel - locker rooms bottom level?

Started by horse1031, February 07, 2013, 02:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

Does everyone like that the teams come into the ground like they do by the Cottage or do you think it would be possible that we put some new and improved locker rooms in the bottom of the new riverside stand.  They could put a hallway and stairs coming onto the pitch?  What does everyone think?  I know there have been some gripes from visiting teams at the size of our locker rooms.  Does that even make sense?

epsomraver

We prefer to call them changing rooms, and no they will stay at the cottage

Whiteroom

Quote from: epsomraver on February 07, 2013, 02:52:44 PM
And so there!

leonffc

Small changing rooms for the away teams is all part of the phsycology of sport (as is no hot water). If it unsettles a team then home advantage has played it's part.

Although even our own changing room is small why should we remodel a stadium just to suit Slur Alex Ferguson and the likes? What we have is called charecter and is part of history.

LBNo11

...since 1905 players have changed in the changing rooms in the actual Cottage (pavillion) and come out from there every match.

That said it would be an idea that the changing rooms are there so that they could make the Cottage pavilion a Fulham museum - loads of photos and memoribilia - even that other statue in the ground could go in there, I'm sure fans would pay for entrance.

Only problem I can see with players coming out from the Al Fayed stand is their security in entering the ground and to get to the new stand without encountering us hoi polloi en route...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: horse1031 on February 07, 2013, 02:33:15 PM
Does everyone like that the teams come into the ground like they do by the Cottage or do you think it would be possible that we put some new and improved locker rooms in the bottom of the new riverside stand.  They could put a hallway and stairs coming onto the pitch?  What does everyone think?  I know there have been some gripes from visiting teams at the size of our locker rooms.  Does that even make sense?
We call them changing rooms in Oz as well Horse, but I knew exactly what you meant. I love the unique and historic aspects of The Cottage but LB's suggestion of preserving the change rooms is a good one. But how to find a a solution to teams entering from either the ends or the Riverside section of the ground  ? Can't see it happening as we can't encroach on Bishops Park.

horse1031

Quote from: epsomraver on February 07, 2013, 02:52:44 PM

:dft001:

i knew i was going to get stick for that.

St Eve

Leave then where they are. That is one of the reasons why CC is unique

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

The Riverside stand undercroft is full of asbestos and pitch related plant

Best leave well alone. ..

ron

Knowing of Eric and Ernie God knows what (or who?) they would find by excavating too deep under there.  :58:

....and surely, Gentlemen change in Dressing Rooms....?

FC Silver Fox

The fact that Sir Alex Ferguson doesn't like them and finds them antiquated (bit like him really) is reason enough to keep them.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Shredhead

Quote from: GoldCoastWhite on February 07, 2013, 03:40:49 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on February 07, 2013, 02:33:15 PM
Does But how to find a a solution to teams entering from either the ends or the Riverside section of the ground  ?
Boat for the opposition. They would need to come in and leave at high tide, thereby ensuring a long wait before or after the game. And our players could come in by helicopter
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

cmg

Until you've seen them, you won't realize how advantageous to us the away dressing rooms at the Cottage actually are...

alfie

the only thing i could never understand is why were the dugouts put on the other side of the pitch, it really annoys me also that the players go and line up in front of the Riverside stand it should be done centre circle.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: alfie on February 07, 2013, 06:22:21 PM
the only thing i could never understand is why were the dugouts put on the other side of the pitch, it really annoys me also that the players go and line up in front of the Riverside stand it should be done centre circle.

The dugouts were in front of the Stevenage Road Stand as it was then called and the Directors sat there in the Directors Box and had a tea room under the stand.

I am not sure when the dug outs and Directors moved, whether it was immediately the Riverside Stand went up or sometime later.

The players line up in front of the Riverside Stand because that is where the television cameras are and it is so that the cameras can show the players faces.  

Steven Ageroad

Dugouts. Now they do need updating with the new stand. All the managers complain about the view from there and they are cramped for the subs. If you have had the pleasure of sitting in the dugout, I have on an open day, it's very difficult to see the play on the other side of the pitch because the dugout is lower than the pitch and therefore eye level is almost pitch level.
We supporters sitting in the stands do have an advantage over the manager looking at the patern of play.

HatterDon

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on February 07, 2013, 06:51:21 PM
Dugouts. Now they do need updating with the new stand. All the managers complain about the view from there and they are cramped for the subs. If you have had the pleasure of sitting in the dugout, I have on an open day, it's very difficult to see the play on the other side of the pitch because the dugout is lower than the pitch and therefore eye level is almost pitch level.
We supporters sitting in the stands do have an advantage over the manager looking at the patern of play.

Which is why the managers used to watch the first half of the match from an elevated position. This was back in the good old days when it was against the rules to "coach from the touchlines."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 07, 2013, 04:30:43 PM

OK. Away changing room only then.

St Eve

Quote from: cmg on February 07, 2013, 06:05:18 PM
Until you've seen them, you won't realize how advantageous to us the away dressing rooms at the Cottage actually are...

That is funny

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 07, 2013, 06:56:43 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on February 07, 2013, 04:30:43 PM

OK. Away changing room only then.

You say that but...

When Fulham took over Loftus Road and had to fit a new boiler for them (QPR and Wasps played their last few games that season without hot water!) and discovered that the bolier's exhuast flue lead to the away changing room).  QPR built on to the front of their stadium,  and previously it had exhausted through an outside wall that was now contained within the new biuilding...