https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Your line-up vs Stoke City

Started by IranianCottager, February 21, 2013, 10:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Frimpong will be useful tomorrow as Stoke are physical

cebu

I'm wondering whether Jol will be tempted to bring in the tall guys in defence, something like this:

--------------------Schwarzer--------------------
-Manolev---Senderos---Hangeland-------Riise-
-------------Sidwell-------Frimpong-------------
---Dejagah---------Berbatov/Ruiz-------Duff--
---------------------Rodallega-------------------

Resting Riether (only 5' 9" as against Manolev's 6' 1") would involve losing pace and guile on our right flank, so in with Dejagah to shake things up on that flank. Having Duffer on the left seems to calm Riise's nerves too. Berbatov and Ruiz can fight it out for who fits best behind Rodallega

filham

Quote from: Snibbo on February 22, 2013, 06:28:14 AM
Quote from: St Eve on February 22, 2013, 02:43:51 AM
Iraniancottager - Unless Kaca is injured this is unbelievable. One of our best prospects in years can't even get on the bench. Mind blowing!
Don't think it's that mindblowing actually. He's been quite disappointing. Some moments of brilliance, longs spells of anonymity.
I agree Kaca has not lived up to the early promise. Duff and Dejegah are much more solid choices for the wide positions.

A Humble Man

The Greek must start if he is fit.  I am going with those who think Ruiz should not play but should Berbatov not step down for the same reason iy not being a game that would suit their talents.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Tooting legend

--Schwarzer--------------------
-Riether----Senderos---Hangeland-------Riise-
-------------Sidwell-------Enoh-------------
---Ruiz---------Berbatov-------------Duff---
---------------------Rodallega-------------------

A Humble Man

Has Diarra played any under 21 or 18 games?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Only Me

Hope we have a strong Ref, i can see a few Red Cards 096.gig

JackyFulham90

Jol pretty much confirmed his team in the video on the website, Manolev left out the squad , Frimpong will not start, going from his conference I think there is a very good chance we will line up

Schwarzer

Riether Senderos Hangeland Riise

Sidwell Karagounis

Ruiz Berbatov Duff

Petric

Subs - Etheridge , Hughes , Baird , Frimpong , Dejagah , Emanuelson , Rodallega

Humbled

-----------------Schwarzer--------------------
-Riether----Senderos---Hangeland-------Riise-
----Sidwell/Karagounis----Enoh/Frimpong-----
---Duff---------Berbatov------------Urby---
----------------Rodallega-------------------

Karagounis would win ALOT of fouls against these lot lol
i think the centre backs could be so drawn to Berba if he stays between the midfield and Rodders we could see lots of gaps for Urby and Duff to cut inside

filham

Quote from: Basil on February 22, 2013, 01:26:11 PM
Surprised how many people would start Frimpong above Karagounis.
I suspect the feeling is that  we are going to need hard men with a lot of running against a physical Stoke side.
If we do play Sidwell and Frimpong then there is a definite risk of either of them finding their way into the refs book. I would suggest that as soon as one of them is shown a yellow he is immediatly substituted, we musn't run any risk of a red.

jmh

Playing Stoke makes me wish we still had Etuhu.  Between Sidwell and Karagounis and Baird and Frimpong we've got options at central midfield, even without Diarra, but against Nzonzi and Crouch and the rest we sure could use some size in the middle.