more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham vs Stoke match thread

Started by Bassey the warrior, February 23, 2013, 01:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: IranianCottager on February 23, 2013, 02:44:21 PM
How did Dejagah do in the second-half besides the penalty incident? I couldn't watch.

He had a great game.

LordNelson

Quote from: jarv on February 23, 2013, 02:42:37 PM
great 3 points, my nerves were on edge for a while though.  the ref who tossed Hangeland for nothing, allows 2 thugs to stay on the field for punches thrown. perhaps he just doesn't like Fulham.

Amazing innit.  It happened right in front of his friggin face too and all he gives is a yellow???????????   096.gig
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

MasterHaynes

Quote from: rusty shackleford on February 23, 2013, 02:39:23 PM
Great display on team unity at the end there!
Hope everyone took notice so we can put to bed all the silly stories about Jol and the team unity

MikeCdawg

Quote from: ron on February 23, 2013, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: grandad on February 23, 2013, 02:27:39 PM
We should be playing against 9 men. Nzonzi & Huth should have been sent off.

That Huth forearm smash on Senderos would have graced the old Saturday afternoon wrestling on ITV.

Hulk Hogan would have been proud of that one

Bassey the warrior

zschwartz

silky as all hell; especially in contrast to bumbling, oafish stoke. a fine game, albeit a weird one. Quality dispatching of the d-grade thugs of huth, shawcross and n'zonzi.

And i like pulis. it's a perfectly valid way to play the game and it gives plenty of good teams a lot of trouble.  when they do it to united or chelsea it's a pleasure to watch.

schwarzer motm.

Lighthouse

Except for not creating enough we were all over them. Lots of good performances and we really should have been out of sight of a poor Stoke side. A great relief and more importantly a good performance.

But the sight of the thugs of Stoke  getting away with blind side punches and moaning about time wasting makes me ashamed of Prem football. Thank God we don't see them again this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MasterHaynes

Quote from: LordNelson on February 23, 2013, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: jarv on February 23, 2013, 02:42:37 PM
great 3 points, my nerves were on edge for a while though.  the ref who tossed Hangeland for nothing, allows 2 thugs to stay on the field for punches thrown. perhaps he just doesn't like Fulham.

Amazing innit.  It happened right in front of his friggin face too and all he gives is a yellow???????????   096.gig
Jol should do a Ferguson in the after game interview and say Probert has a history of giving poor decisions against us.

ron

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 23, 2013, 02:57:44 PM
Except for not creating enough we were all over them. Lots of good performances and we really should have been out of sight of a poor Stoke side. A great relief and more importantly a good performance.

But the sight of the thugs of Stoke  getting away with blind side punches and moaning about time wasting makes me ashamed of Prem football. Thank God we don't see them again this season.

We still get the last laugh though.....They have to go back to Stoke!  :005:

grandad

Ha,ha 27,000 at the game & millions on TV saw both the Nzonzi & Huth incidents but Pullis said he didn´t see either. What a joke he is. Same as the ref though. Oh well, they got their just results.
Where there's a will there's a wife

FFCfan

Great game for us. Mark is still the # 1, Berbs scored a great goal and if anybody noticed he was less grumpy than usual. The Ruiz + Berba partnership worked this time  :yay:

:clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

SaltfordWhite

It was a good, if uninspiring win.  We were much, much the better side and it would have been a travesty had we not taken the points.

Stoke are thugs. Vile, obnoxious thugs and its amazing that they are allowed to get away with it season upon season.

Fulham_Surrey

I am amazed we won with this referree.  The same guy that tossed Hageland for nothing, today saved 2 red cards to Stoke, and gave them a non-existing penalty... Just amazing.

NogoodBoyo

100% right on the red card for Nzozni (?) as it was right in front of Probert who saw it well enough to award a yellow for what should have been a straight red.  The Huth chop was probably more difficult as it was off the ball.  You'd hope the linesmen should have been able to help if the ref was watching the passage of play or other argie-bargie going on prior to the corner.
But I'm afraid you're 100% wrong on the penalty.  Dejagah put both hands up in front, even above his face before the cross and the ball hit them.  A stonewall penalty.
Nogood "still, wee won, so who cares, isit" Boyo

T.G.

Burt

Lovely goal.... Thanks for posting.

Burt

Good to get the points today.

I thought Stoke were poor. They were difficult to break down, but offered little, and their best chances seem to come from frailties in our defence.

COYW

Northern Cottager

Quote from: T.G. on February 23, 2013, 04:59:42 PM

Nothing more to say.

Just watched this for a good couple of minutes, beautiful strike.