watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

20 pounds an Away game.

Started by fulhaman, February 25, 2013, 02:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhaman

I am hoping that 20 pound max for an away game goes through. I have read a few articules that this is well supported and could go through. Games at the moment are is expensive. And not only that but getting there is as expensive as the game itself. It costing me around 60-70 quid a game for away. I do think more away fans would turn up. Look at how many fans go to Wigan games as they are well priced. What do you guys think?

FFC1987

As much as this would be great, i can't see it happening. Too many complications and hard to justify away tickets being so cheap when the home tickets would be for some clubs at least double that etc. I think capping it to the same as the Home seats is a step forward if that goes through. Not trying to knock it because I'd go most weeks if this came to light but as stated, I find it hard to believe.

Northern Cottager

It would disgruntle the home fans how we get into their ground for cheaper. However, on the flip side they could be chuffed about the benefits about cheaper away travel... I'd go to more away games if it was 40 quid and we were better playing away from home :D

fulhaman

Well i wouldn't care if away fans where getting into the ground cheaper if this was at every club, it would mean more fans might come to away matches.

Berserker

Wouldn't more home fans try to get into the away end if it was cheaper
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

FFC1987

Quote from: Berserker on February 25, 2013, 03:54:48 PM
Wouldn't more home fans try to get into the away end if it was cheaper

One of the notions I hinted at in the complication's argument.

A Humble Man

Big cities are expensive for everything smaller one less so and ticket pricing reflects that.  All price for all good and service are based on an assessment of what people are willing to pay.  Our prices are high but we are nearly full for every game so the price is right.

Some of the more depressed areas have much lower prices for that reason.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

fulhaman

Wouldn't more home fans try to get into the away end if it was cheaper.

Some clubs asks to see your membership card before you go into there ground to prove your an away fan. This has happened to me a few times. I think the only issues may be it may stop home fans going to matches, as they may go to away matches instead for example London derby's

A Humble Man

Quote from: fulhaman on February 25, 2013, 04:38:53 PM

Some clubs asks to see your membership card before you go into there ground to prove your an away fan. This has happened to me a few times. I think the only issues may be it may stop home fans going to matches, as they may go to away matches instead for example London derby's
Quote from: fulhaman on February 25, 2013, 04:38:53 PM

You have to add the cost of travel and the loss of the Cottage atmosphere.
We Are Fulham, Believe.