Main Menu

No Dempsey for Spurs

Started by kevin, February 25, 2013, 08:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Angus

Quote from: HatterDon on February 26, 2013, 12:42:35 AM
Quote from: Terry Angus on February 26, 2013, 12:29:50 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 26, 2013, 12:01:53 AM
They gave Dempsey an "Honourable Mention" (along with Gallas) for his performance in the last game against Lyon.

an honourable mention for keeping the bench warm for 70 minutes and a run-out at the end?

no, for providing another attacking force for the decisive last 20 minutes. Or didn't you actually watch the Lyon match?

if 'attacking force' mean a striker, albeit one that doesn't score or contribute to any goal and wastes at least one gilt-edged opportunity to score, then i see what you mean

BarryP

Sometimes where you think you see smoke it is really only fog and eventually the haze will clear.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

btings

Spurs will be fine.  I have deep affection for Dempsey but I've never been convinced he's significantly better than Sigurdsson in attacking mid, let alone Holtby.  Bale's form turned torrid as soon as I dropped him in fantasy -- it's a team without strikers, and apparently they don't need them.

Unfortunately for me and a few others here, Dempsey is fairly important to our dodgy US squad, who are in danger of losing in the Hex to BRYAN RUIZ and the CR squad in about a week.

JBH

Sorry but why does anyone give a f**k about Dempsey anymore?????????

JBH

Quote from: btings on February 26, 2013, 07:13:02 AM
Spurs will be fine.  I have deep affection for Dempsey but I've never been convinced he's significantly better than Sigurdsson in attacking mid, let alone Holtby.  Bale's form turned torrid as soon as I dropped him in fantasy -- it's a team without strikers, and apparently they don't need them.

Unfortunately for me and a few others here, Dempsey is fairly important to our dodgy US squad, who are in danger of losing in the Hex to BRYAN RUIZ and the CR squad in about a week.

As BRYAN RUIZ is a Fulham player and we have no Septics in the Fulham side at the momemt I for one personally hopes that Costa Rica stuff the US of A  065.gif

fulhaman

He must be gutted. I can see him leaving for Liverpool in the summer, then Liverpool fans giving him grief as well. Oh well the grass isn't always greener. haha

fulhaman

As BRYAN RUIZ is a Fulham player and we have no Septics in the Fulham side at the momemt I for one personally hopes that Costa Rica stuff the US of A.

Damn true. Come of Ruiz.

FFC1987

Seeing as Jol mentions Dempsey in every other interview as a player we miss, maybe that is reflected in the fans in forum threads such as this.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JBH on February 26, 2013, 08:23:14 AM
Quote from: btings on February 26, 2013, 07:13:02 AM

As BRYAN RUIZ is a Fulham player and we have no Septics in the Fulham side at the momemt I for one personally hopes that Costa Rica stuff the US of A  065.gif

As far as I'm concerned, soon as Bryan slips on that C.R. kit, he can go eff himself. USA! USA! USA!

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

Quote from: JBH on February 26, 2013, 08:21:15 AM
Sorry but why does anyone give a f**k about Dempsey anymore?????????

I don't know, Ms. hairnet. I also don't know why there have to be 7 or 8 QPR threads a week. These darn people keep talking about topics I don't want to read. What's a mutha to do?

While I'm here, should I also apologize for the fact that there are still Americans who support Fulham and post on this site?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CanadianCottager

Quote from: fulhaman on February 26, 2013, 11:08:58 AM
As BRYAN RUIZ is a Fulham player and we have no Septics in the Fulham side at the momemt I for one personally hopes that Costa Rica stuff the US of A.

Damn true. Come of Ruiz.
Don't worry about Bryan Ruiz vs. USA, CR are the thorn in the US's side since 2005, haven't beaten them since. As for Ruiz vs. Howard, you've seen his two goals for Fulham, now lay your eyes on these.
Bryan Ruiz Costa Rica vrs USA 10.14.09

ToodlesMcToot

Since this has turned into a Central American scouting thread, perhaps Fulham could scout some of the players from this match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwlX3ySlQU#

065.gif

HatterDon

Roberto Martinez is excellent at signing CONCACAF based players. I wonder if we have any scouts in the region at all.

CanadianCottager

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 26, 2013, 01:54:39 PM
Since this has turned into a Central American scouting thread, perhaps Fulham could scout some of the players from this match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwlX3ySlQU#

065.gif
Well played, Toodles, well played. Well good luck to you in the Azteca, make sure someone packs a handkerchief for Tim if Dos Santos is going to play.
Quote from: HatterDon on February 26, 2013, 03:50:29 PM
Roberto Martinez is excellent at signing CONCACAF based players. I wonder if we have any scouts in the region at all.

Yep, he's been snapping up a succession of great talents, mostly from Honduras. Fulham evidently used to do a similar job with the US but that seems to have ended with the Eddie Johnson affair. That being said, the only place I think that Fulham could go to get players ready for playing at our level in the region is Mexico, as the Caribbean's best players are already in England, the Colombian league has a monopoly on Panama, and the Scandinavian countries (plus Belgium) are firmly established in Costa Rica.

HatterDon

Canada drenched itself in glory tonight, losing to USA 4-2 in the U20 World Cup qualifier. Losing wasn't the thing, though. The thuggish play was. One player should have been given a  096.gig and another was after giving a little Belfast kiss to a  US player.

I've seen Canada play as hard before; I've just never seen them channel Stoke City before.

grandad

I don´t think Dempsey would get in our starting line up.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: grandad on February 27, 2013, 01:38:52 PM

I disagree.

cottage cheese

ridiculous thing to say. Of course he would as he pretty much thrives on the system we play with his late runs etc. Would def start over duff in my eyes.

BarryP

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 27, 2013, 02:23:08 PM

I disagree.

When you read the Martin Jol interviews in which he discusses Dempsey I am pretty sure the manager disagrees with Grandad as well.  I continue to be amazed by two things with Dempsey on this forum.  First, that he gets more threads here than he gets on Fulhamusa where we have a legitimate reason to discuss him in connection with the US national team.  Second, that a player who is getting regular minutes on what is looking like a Champions League team or at a minimum a Europa League team continues to get comments on this board as if he is not good enough to be Fulham.  It is probably time to move along to something Fulham and let the past be. The future will take care of itself and tell whether the grass was greener for Dempsey or not.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Burt

Quote from: CanadianCottager on February 26, 2013, 01:43:02 PM
Quote from: fulhaman on February 26, 2013, 11:08:58 AM

Damn true. Come of Ruiz.
Don't worry about Bryan Ruiz vs. USA, CR are the thorn in the US's side since 2005, haven't beaten them since. As for Ruiz vs. Howard, you've seen his two goals for Fulham, now lay your eyes on these.
Bryan Ruiz Costa Rica vrs USA 10.14.09

As well as a beaut of a second goal, you have to see this just for the commentary. Puts John Motson to shame  :dft011: