watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Hall of Fame

Started by F(f)CUK, March 04, 2013, 12:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

The reason for 10 people was to make it difficult. Only by making it difficult can you then make it elite.

I would like someone to tell me why Macedo over Hangeland or Leggatt over Morgan. I am not saying I disagree, my dad and brother probably agree with this decision.

As for the only omission from my original post Month has to come in.

Hill is a tricky one, who helped keep us alive with the Muddymans but of course Hill was booed incessantly at the time.

Burt

Difficult to do this one as there are so many characters from different generations...

Haynes would obviously be there, but I was too young to see him play. On the same basis, the likes of Jezzard, Macedo, Langley, Cohen etc full in to the same "bucket".

From the time I started following the whites (1974) then it would be Ivor, Saha, van der Sar, McBride, etc.

But you can also get folk who had limited time here but a big impact (and therefore legend status). McAree and Best are good examples.

F(f)CUK

Damn you auto correct it should be Mo not Month.

(Cannot edit using mobile)

ron

Come to think of it, it is unlikely that just being on the playing staff should be enough to qualify for a Hall of Fame.

Those who have contributed in the shadows to keep us in a situation where we have often punched above our weight (taking into account the traditional huge support for several other clubs in what might be our catchment area) deserve the accolade.

So Messrs Hill, Adams, Al Fayed, Robson, Penn (with 50 years service) and many more now sadly forgotten on are the real Heroes.

That also of course leaves a space for JH, because he was also manager for a while, but so much more, He was Fulham for much of his 17 years at SW6.