more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (05/03/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 05, 2013, 04:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Frei Wanted by Bolton

With the squad fairly settled, until the summer madness that awaits us, could we be loaning out another of our promising youngsters?

The gossip column has Kerimn Frei as being wanted by the Championship side Bolton Wanderers, with the Bolton boss, Dougie Freedman, keen to take the nineteen year-old on loan.

It remains to be seen whether Martin Jol will let the Turkish youngster leave?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=311450#ixzz2MdYsLMFI

WhiteJC

Jol on Spending Wisely!

Reflecting on how things have gone, transfer wise, Martin Jol has come up with an interesting few comments after our 2-2 draw at Sunderland, a game we should have won after leading 2-0.

Talking about replacing those players that left last summer, Jol is attributed as having remarked to the media about spending only a third of the £21 million brought in for the sales of Clint Dempsey and Moussa Dembele amongst others,

"Ashkan Dejagah was very cheap, Sascha Riether was cheap and Mladen Petric was the cheapest of the three as he cost nothing. But they are still good players."

"I think we spent six or seven million and we are still as good. I get enormous satisfaction and pride because of that."

The big question, of the day, being - Do you agree with that last comment, are we as good?

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=311451#ixzz2MdZ2zyV1

WhiteJC

Same Target Different Feelings?

Flicking through the football pages, as you do, at the weekend, it was interesting to stumble across some quotes for the West Ham camp.

Before their fixture with Stoke, a fixture they subsequently won, they were under the impression that 36 points would be sufficient to ensure another season in the top flight. At the time they were on 30 points with the win taking them to 33 points.

As for us, we were on 32 points ahead of our visit to Sunderland and we left Wearside with 33 points, the same as West Ham.

Therefore, if 36 points is deemed to be the target for survival, our camp seem a little more worried than our friends from across London seeing as both clubs are only one win away from safety and Martin Jol is quoted as having remarked,

"Deep down I don`t think we will get dragged into relegation. But there are still 10 games to go and even QPR can stay up with six wins. It is not easy. We still need a couple more wins to be safe."

Interesting to say the least!

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=311452#ixzz2MdZJ95SW

WhiteJC

Clint Dempsey: 4 Reasons He Should Never Have Signed for Tottenham Hotspur

As the final hours of the summer transfer window's deadline day ticked to a close, the future of US international Clint Dempsey seemed precarious.

After a summer in which he upset his former club, Fulham, while posturing towards a possible new destination, Liverpool, Dempsey looked to be heading toward a season (or at least half of one) at a club that had vowed not to play him.

Hence, it was a welcome sight for Clint and his fans when Tottenham stepped up and made a deal to bring him to White Hart Lane. After all, Spurs were an ambitious side that, unlike many other top clubs in the Premier League, offered the opportunity for Dempsey to carve out a place in the starting XI.

For Spurs supporters, the move was also exciting as it brought the player who finished fourth in scoring in the 2011-12 Premier League season to a free-flowing side that had just missed out on Champions League football.

Now more than six months on from that move, it is clear that it hasn't worked out as well as either side was hoping.

After a 17-goal output for Fulham in last year's Premier League, Dempsey has just five for Tottenham this season.

While there have been flashes from Clint, the midfielder has failed to contribute as much as he is capable of at White Hart Lane.

So was this just a failed experiment for both team and player?

Only time will tell if this partnership can work out in both parties' interests.

However, there is a clear argument for why the move should not have happened in the first place.

Here are four reasons Clint Dempsey never should have come to Tottenham.

He Was Playing Well at Fulham

It's not as if Dempsey was struggling at Fulham before he left last summer.

In fact, the American was thriving.

His goal tally had done nothing but increase throughout his six seasons at Craven Cottage, ending with his incredible 17 league goals and 23 goals in all competitions in 2011-12.

While it is understandable that Dempsey might have wanted a change of scenery and a chance to play for a more ambitious club, the way he burnt his bridges on the way out did not make sense.

In the end, Clint was forced to make a move in order to keep playing, rather than affording himself the opportunity to wait for the best option.

Would a few more months on a Fulham side that had him playing at his best really have hurt him?

Tottenham's Speed

With the likes of Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale on the wings, Kyle Walker at full-back and Jermain Defoe at striker, one thing that Tottenham look to do at every chance is counter-attack at speed.

These players fly down the pitch, trying to get the ball past defenders and create chances as quickly as they can.

While Dempsey has a lot of great attributes, this style does not seem to fit him.

In his play for Spurs this season, this has been made clear, as his moves on the counter have slowed down the break and, at times, nullified the side's greatest threat.

Now, Dempsey obviously contributes in other ways, so this isn't to say that he is an overall detriment to the side when he plays.

However, it is clear that Tottenham like to play at pace, so Clint's style of play at the front hasn't allowed him or his teammates to shine at their brightest.

Somebody Already on the Left

When Dempsey came to White Hart Lane, the left side of the midfield already had a starter: Gareth Bale.

The Welshman's incredible abilities had him a shoo-in for the side on the left flank, leaving Clint with a more central role behind the striker.

While Dempsey has tried to do his best in this role, the fine performances he displayed in the few matches where he filled in for Bale on the left have shown that he is more comfortable in a wide role.

With Bale shifting all over the pitch and taking up a more central role over the past few matches, perhaps Clint can claim a spot on the left over the next few months.

However, at the time of his signing, Dempsey should have realized the problems that would arise from his insertion into Tottenham's lineup.

Andre Villas-Boas

Over the course of this season, new Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has proved his ability as a Premier League boss.

After a tough first attempt at Chelsea last season saw him lose the dressing room and get fired before the end of the season, AVB has done a masterful job at Spurs this season, allowing Bale to reach his potential and his side to get into position to achieve their goals.

If there is one thing that Villas-Boas has shown over his time at Spurs, it is his affinity for youth.

His system of playing a high line obviously requires mobile defenders, but the Portuguese manager has let youth reign all over the pitch.

At keeper, AVB switched from the 41-year-old Brad Friedel, who hadn't missed a start in years, to the 26-year-old Hugo Lloris. In the back, 35-year-old William Gallas went from captain to irregular starter over the course of a few months, being replaced by the likes of 21-year-old Steven Caulker.

While there is a lot to be said for this approach, it might cause some problems for Dempsey going forward.

The midfielder is going on 30 years of age and is currently on the sidelines with a slight injury.

Meanwhile, the likes of 22-year-old Lewis Holtby and 23-year-old Gylfi Sigurdsson are primed to step in and take a starting role.

Given the choice between Dempsey or either of those two playing on similar form, is there any doubt who AVB would go with?

Dempsey may have found a place to play this season at Tottenham, but he could be looking for a new club in the near future.

It is highly doubtful that that is what he had in mind when the American came to White Hart Lane.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1553013-clint-dempsey-4-reasons-he-should-never-have-signed-for-tottenham-hotspur?

WhiteJC

He'll be all white: Arsenal loaner Emmanuel Frimpong set for free transfer to Fulham

The Ghana midfielder is no longer part of Arsene Wenger's long-term plans at Arsenal and is already on loan at Craven Cottage

He's off: Emmanuel Frimpong set for permanent switch to Fulham

Emmanuel Frimpong is in line for a free transfer summer switch to Fulham.

Frimpong, who is on loan at Craven Cottage, is no longer part of Arsene Wenger's long-term plans at Arsenal.

The Ghana midfielder has been with the Gunners since he was nine-years-old - but he can leave for nothing at the end of the season.

Fulham boss Martin Jol is in pole position to land Frimpong, 21, on a permanent deal.

Jol said: "If there is an opportunity to take him, I would probably do it."

Frimpong in action for Fulham
Getty

Meanwhile, Chris Baird is set to become the latest Fulham player to sign a new contract.

The Northern Ireland midfielder, 31, will pen a one-year extension to join Damien Duff and Philippe Senderos in extending his stay in west London.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-loaner-emmanuel-frimpong-set-1742941?

WhiteJC

Jol Finally Finds Right Balance

For the second time, Martin Jol's Fulham team have finally found their feet. After last summer's upheaval, the Gruffalo-impersonator has had to start all over again, rebuilding a team stripped of its creative core. Of the 14 players that featured in the 2-2 draw against Sunderland at the weekend, half weren't at the club last season. Of course, four of those players are on loan, but those numbers highlight the magnitude of Jol's task.

After a miserable November and December, we now seem to have found the right balance; we even have a team which travels away from home with the semblance of a plan. Brede Hangeland's suspension, Bryan Ruiz's injury, Dimitar Berbatov's role as an auxiliary central midfielder; all three factors rendered the final months of last year a painful and infuriating time for Fulham fans. Defensively useless, the gutless display at the home of ambition (Loftus Road) in mid-December was the real low point.

The transfer window couldn't have come sooner and, while taking his time, Jol made the most of it. Although his loan signings are yet to really impact first-team proceedings, they have added significant depth to a previously depleted squad. Furthermore, these signings have enabled the likes of Alex Kacaniklic and Matthew Briggs to go out on loan and get some game time in the Championship. Kerim Frei is expected to follow the same path.

With the New Year came a new-look Fulham team; Giorgios Karagounis, who had arrived in October on a free transfer, replaced Chris Baird in one of the two deeper midfield roles, providing some much-needed nous, drive and ability to keep the ball. The return of Ruiz has seen Berbatov return to his best position, as an out-and-out forward, supported by the pace and directness of Damian Duff and Ashkan Dejagah on the wings. Indeed, Dejagah has been a revelation since the turn of the year, finally accompanying his speed and intensity with some overdue end product and dove-tailing brilliantly with Sascha Riether. The Iranian could prove to be a real find.

At long last, almost seven months into the season, Jol has found the right formula. It is no coincidence that the team is suddenly picking up points again. Of course, the summer will bring with it a new raft of challenges but, with firm foundations finally in place, there's plenty of cause for optimism as the rebuilding programme continues.

Read more: http://pickourteam.com/premierleague/fulham/news/04-03-2013/jol-finally-finds-right-balance/819987?#ixzz2MdajPoc3

WhiteJC

Emanuelson pushes for Fulham start against Tottenham

The on-loan midfielder came off the substitutes' bench in the 2-2 draw away at Sunderland, but is eyeing a place in the starting XI to face Tottenham on March 17

Fulham midfielder Urby Emanuelson is hopeful of a position in the starting XI in the club's next match away to Tottenham.

The Netherlands international is on loan from AC Milan until the end of the season, but has yet to make a competitive start for the west London club, making four appearances as a substitute.

Emanuelson was introduced from the substitutes' bench in Fulham's last game, a 2-2 draw away to Sunderland, and insists he now feels ready to make the step up to the starting XI at White Hart Lane.

"I'm working hard," Emanuelson told the club's official website. "And I hope the next game I can start from the beginning because that's why I came [to Fulham]."

"We'll see when we play Spurs in just under two weeks," he continued, "I have some time now to do well in training and then we will see but, of course, I want to play."

Emanuelson went on to stress his disappointment that Fulham could not hang on for victory against Sunderland despite leading the Black Cats 2-0.

"For us, if you look back, it's not a good result," he admitted. "If we'd won the game we would have looked a lot healthier in the league but it didn't happen so we have to move on."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2013/03/05/3798842/-?

WhiteJC

Fulham want Frimpong for free this summer

Arsenal on loan midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong could find himself in white again next season as Fulham look to secure his signature this summer as part of a Bosman free transfer.

The combative midfielder has been with the Gunners since age nine and always looked like a potential first team regular until two successive long term cruciate ligament injuries hampered his development. Fellow academy graduate Jack Wilshere, who was classed as a similar talent to Frimpong, went on to establish himself as a star for the future however his friend has somewhat left him behind.

Loan spells with Wolves (although cut short due to injury) and now Fulham are a bid to resurrect his Arsenal career as no new deal has yet been offered to the talented youngster with his current terms ending this summer.

Martin Jol is eager to bring the Ghanian born midfielder back next season, however only if he can avoid paying a substantial transfer fee which may well be the case if a new deal with Arsenal fails to eventuate.

The Fulham manager told Skysport:

He is on loan at the moment and it would be quite expensive to take him (permanently), but if there was an opportunity to take him on loan again, I would probably do that.

It is quite a nice position to be in, to get a loan player you don't have to pay a transfer fee. It is a good way of doing things.

[on his previous ill-discipline] We spoke about (discipline).

In my day you could tackle, but now you have to stay on your feet.

I was impressed with him from the start. Two years ago I saw him and he is the type of player you would like as a manger because he is versatile and he has got this mentality.

But he can play as well, he is an Arsenal player. He is one of the few players who has been at Arsenal since a young age.

I think Sunderland away would suit him. His fitness is getting better and better. He did well when he played for us against Norwich. He is fully fit now so I can play him from the start if I want to.

It would be a shame to see a bright star leave for free after spending so long at the club, however if he is just not Arsenal material then that will be that. Arsene Wenger has always rated Frimpong highly so perhaps Jol's expectation that the 21-year-old will be a Gunner next season may be related to the probability of a contract extension depending on how his loan move pans out.

If the combative midfielder performs well at Fulham for the remainder of the season then there is no reason that he shouldn't extend his stay with the Gunners and provide options for the defensive midfielder role. He just requires more experience in the top flight in which he certainly is getting and Arsenal desperately need some midfield brute in their squad. What are your thoughts about the long standing Gooner extending his contract with the club?

http://allarsenal.com/arsenalrumours/fulham-frimpong-free-summer/?

jmh

Quote from: WhiteJC on March 05, 2013, 04:40:37 AM
The big question, of the day, being - Do you agree with that last comment, are we as good?
Last season we finished 9th, with a small negative goal differential, behind all the big spenders but at the top of the big midsize Stoke-Swansea-WBA-Norwich-Sunderland-Wigan heap.  This season we're in 10th with a small negative goal differential, behind all the big spenders (except Newcastle) and near the top of that same heap.  In other words, I think we're almost exactly as good as last year.  The only difference is that Swansea and WBA have taken big steps forward; if they hadn't and were there with us in the 30-35 point range, I think we'd be thrilled about where we are given big-name departures and squad uncertainty, and it's only their success on similarly limited budgets that makes us disappointed that we haven't enjoyed the same.

WhiteJC

Dyche the difference for Burnley loan signing Kacaniklic

ALEX Kacaniklic says Sean Dyche was the reason he forced through a loan move to Burnley.

After starting the season with Fulham, the 21-year-old was not content to find himself on the bench after playing 19 games – starting 14.

Having failed to feature at all in February, Kacaniklic told manager Martin Jol of his desire to follow-up last season's loan spell in the Championship by going elsewhere to play.

The Sweden international was given his first taste of English football under Dyche at Watford, and he is looking forward to working with the 41-year-old again, at Turf Moor.

"He was the one who gave me first team football. I didn't get it at Fulham so I went on loan to Watford," said Kacaniklic, who is set to make his home debut for the Clarets against Barnsley tonight (kick-off 7.45pm).

"He is an honest manager and he gives the players confidence to play, and that's what I like.

"You don't get too many managers who are as honest as him.

"He gets the best out of you – he got the best out of me at Watford.

"That was a very important move for me. I was so happy I got the opportunity by the manager and that gave me confidence and first team football to go back to Fulham and play all the games I've played this season."

Kacaniklic, who played predominantly on the left wing at Watford, added: "He always encouraged me to do what I'm good at and keep on attacking the full backs and try to score goals, and that gave me confidence.

"A player needs to feel that you are allowed to fail, in order to perform, and he does that.

"I really like him as a manager, and that's the biggest reason I'm here."

But Kacaniklic's desire to be out on the pitch was another big factor in the move.

"It was more my decision (to go out on loan). They (Fulham) have to approve it obviously, but I wanted to play games – I'm not happy to sit on the bench," he said.

"I think I was on the bench for four or five games in a row. But I want to play and I want to develop.

"If you want to be a better player you've got to play. That's the way I see it."

It is a little over 12 months since Kacaniklic came off the bench for Watford to score against the Clarets, and help the Hornets come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 – a result which helped turn their season around.

Now the former Liverpool trainee is aiming to contribute to Burnley pushing back up the table, and he believes they are capable of keeping tabs on the top six.

"We're in a good place in the league and the only way is up," said Kacaniklic.

"I see a hard-working team, that's the way it's got to be. With the players it seems like a happy place.

"You could just tell the whole team was working together on Saturday to get the win. Even though Charlton kept on coming at us a bit in the second half we defended well and we attacked well and it was an important win."

He added: "I'm looking forward to a home game, and hopefully I'll get some goals for Burnley.

"I've scored a couple of goals in the Premier League as well this year, so I want to keep on scoring.

"I want to win games and see how far it takes us."

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/10266789._/?

WhiteJC

Riether's Review

Few players give more to the Fulham cause than Sascha Riether. The German defender has fast become a firm fans' favourite. He's punctual and polite, but he's a winner - something that has served him well during his short time at the Club after joining on a season-long loan from FC Cologne. It's a spell all parties hope will last beyond the end of the campaign.

Sascha Riether pauses for a moment before breaking into a wide smile. It's just been suggested to him that he must be one of the front-runners for Fulham's Player of the Year award.

It wasn't a case of being sycophantic or trying to butter him up for the interview - it's a widespread belief that the unflappable German has been one of Fulham's best players so far this season.

"It's nice that people talk about that but I just try to do my job," says the modest Riether, who turns 30 on 23rd March. "I always give 100 per cent and I want to help Fulham step up the table by trying my best."

His regular lung-busting runs down the right-hand touchline, coupled with some fine defensive displays, tough tackling and the ability to whip in a not-too-shabby cross or two have seen the Fulham fans quickly take Riether to their hearts. It's no mean feat for someone who had never played football outside of his home country until his summer move to England from FC Cologne.

It's not always the case with loan players. In a system that can be somewhat hit or miss, some loanees can appear to be only out for themselves; at a club to sharpen up their fitness or put themselves in the shop window before moving on to pastures new.

But for Riether, you get the feeling he'd give his all if it were just a friendly kickabout down the park.

"In my mind, I've never thought of myself as being here 'on loan'," stated Sascha. "I give my best as if I'm here for a long time. I've never felt I was coming here for a short time, for a holiday. I always give everything in each game I play and see myself as a Fulham player, not a Cologne player.

"For me, it's been a great time here so far. It was my first experience of another country and it was a big step for me to come to England. I have always played in Germany but this was an exciting challenge for me. And I have to say Fulham is like a family and I enjoy playing here. The fans are great, I like the stadium and it's been all good so far. I feel I have adapted well but that is down to everyone at the Club too."

Sascha has certainly made an impact; the cry of 'Riether, Riether' has been regularly heard around Craven Cottage during games this season after another whole-hearted display. And the defender appears genuinely touched by the relationship he has struck up with the Fulham faithful.

"It's a great honour," he said. "I've never had this before at my previous clubs so for me it's a new feeling. I think I was appreciated by the fans at my previous clubs but they never used to chant my name. But I guess it shows that the fans like me here and they like how I play. I think they like to see players that always give their all and that is what I do. I hope I can go on like that for the rest of the season," continues Riether, whose tireless running never seems to waver.

"That's my game," he laughs. "I don't like running normally but when there's a game then I want to win and I'll run until I can't run anymore."

In a mixed season for the Whites, Riether's storming displays in the backline have been a beacon of light. It's hard to think of a game when he hasn't been one of the Whites' best players on the park.

Not that Riether will be resting on his laurels. Bulgarian international Stanislav Manolev is now nipping at his heels following a loan switch from PSV Eindhoven to Fulham in the January transfer window.

"It's always important for a team that you don't just have 11 players," mused Riether. "We have more than 20 players here who can play and who want to play. It's a long season and we have many games so it's important that if players are out injured or suspended, that we have others who can fit in without a problem."

Riether was named in Martin Jol's starting XI as Fulham shot out of the traps on the opening day of the season with a 5-0 thumping of Norwich City in blazing hot sunshine at Craven Cottage.

Three more league wins saw the Whites sitting pretty in sixth place by the end of October, with pundits and fans alike tipping Fulham to seal a European spot. That hasn't quite gone to plan and since December Fulham have been nestled in a mid-table position. That could soon change, however, if a late-season charge was to happen. And you can bet your house on who would be leading the cavalry.

"I would say it's been up and down this season," said Sascha. "We had a good start. We beat Norwich, we lost narrowly at Manchester United, we beat West Bromwich Albion and Aston Villa. But then we had a long, negative series of results where we just couldn't get a victory or we'd draw games which we should have won. Games like Reading and Southampton away when we were leading in the last few minutes only to draw. That was frustrating.

"But recently we've changed a little bit and we're ready for battle again. Heads can drop sometimes when a side goes through a bad patch but everyone wants to fight for each other here and if we go on like that we will get the points we need to survive and maybe push into the top half. A top-10 finish was the aim at the start of the season I think and that is still something we can achieve."

As the season nears its end, talk turns to Riether's situation and where he will be next term. It's been well documented that Fulham have an option to buy the player from Cologne. And the star is keen to stay in SW6.

"I'd like to remain here," he confirmed. "Fulham have an option to buy me and so I think in the next few weeks there will be talks about my future. At the moment I can't really say what will happen. But I like it here and I'm thankful that Fulham gave me the chance to play in the Premier League."

To read the full interview with Riether, be sure to pick up your copy of Issue 40 of Fultime magazine which is instore now, priced £3.50. You can also purchase your copy from our online store here.

The latest edition also features in-depth discussion from Manager Martin Jol, Damien Duff, Matthew Briggs, Les Strong, Steve Wigley, Erik Nevland and Fulham fan and television presenter Millie Clode. We also take a look at Fulham in the 1960s, provide the second instalment of the 100 Men Who Shaped Fulham Football Club, and offer a comprehensive guide to all of the Whites' January transfer window purchases down the years.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/05/riether-fultime?

WhiteJC

Riether wants permanent Fulham deal

The German says he would like to turn his loan deal from FC Koln into a transfer after opening his goalscoring account for the Cottagers at the Stadium of Light on Saturday

On-loan Fulham defender Sascha Riether says he would like to make a permanent move to Craven Cottage in the summer.

The 29-year-old has been a key member of Martin Jol's side this season, making 27 appearances in all competitions, and bagged his first goal for the club in Saturday's 2-2 draw at Sunderland.

The Cottagers have an option to buy the German at the end of the season and Riether has revealed his desire to stay in the Premier League.

"I'd like to remain here," he confirmed to the club's official website. "Fulham have an option to buy me and so I think in the next few weeks there will be talks about my future.

"At the moment I can't really say what will happen. But I like it here and I'm thankful that Fulham gave me the chance to play in the Premier League."

Riether, who has become a fan favourite at Craven Cottage, puts his success down to hard work and says he considers himself a Fulham player and never gives too much thought to his 'on loan' status.

"I always give 100 per cent and I want to help Fulham step up the table by trying my best," he added.

"In my mind, I've never thought of myself as being here 'on loan', I give my best as if I'm here for a long time. I've never felt I was coming here for a short time, for a holiday. I always give everything in each game I play and see myself as a Fulham player, not a Koln player.

"I've never had this before at my previous clubs so for me it's a new feeling.

"I think I was appreciated by the fans at my previous clubs but they never used to chant my name. But I guess it shows that the fans like me here and they like how I play.

"They like to see players that always give their all and that is what I do. I hope I can go on like that for the rest of the season."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/03/05/3800149/-?

WhiteJC

QPR Hospitality

Join us from some of the best seats in the house and find out what remaining Hospitality we have on offer for our upcoming Derby fixture against Queens Park Rangers on Monday 1st April 2013 (8pm).

£85 Hospitality
Supporters can take advantage of our fantastic Executive Suite offer that allows you to watch this fixture and enjoy a Matchday Hospitality experience for just £85 for Adults and just £55 for Under-16s*.

Spend your Easter Monday evening in a Shared Executive Suite which includes a hot dish served prior to kick-off, cash bar facility and balcony seating overlooking the Cottage pitch, giving you one of the best views in the ground.

More information about this great package can be found here.

More Shared Executive Suites
In addition to our package above, supporters also have the option to enjoy their evening in a Shared Executive Suite where they can enjoy a two-course meal with drinks included prior to kick-off. Again, you'll be able to view all the action from balcony seats.

The cost of this package is £165 per person*, and more information can be found here.

Riverside Restaurant
Spaces remain in our Riverside Restaurant, where supporters can enjoy a delicious, hot three-course meal prior to kick-off, in the company of Fulham legend Fred Callaghan.

After the meal, supporters will make their way into the Riverside Stand where they will have exclusive Directors Area seating for the match, and, after the final whistle has blown, they can head back inside for some post-match refreshments.

Priced at just £325 per person*, you can secure your Riverside Restaurant place today.
Buy QPR Hospitality
*All prices exclude VAT

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/march/05/qpr-hospitality?

WhiteJC

What QPR can learn from West Brom, West Ham, Fulham & Wigan as they scrap for survival

Can rock-bottom QPR achieve the impossible and beat the drop this season? The odds are stacked against them but history suggests it would be wrong to write them off.

After Saturday's 2-1 victory at relegation rivals Southampton, things suddenly look a little less bleak for Harry Redknapp's side.

Three crucial points at St Mary's have helped big-spending Rangers claw their way back into the dogfight, and although they remain bottom of the Premier League table, the gap to safety is reduced from seven points to four with 10 games to play.

Redknapp was named 'Harry Houdini' for taking Portsmouth back from the brink in the 2005-06 season – but can he repeat the feat with QPR?

Wigan, Aston Villa and Reading are also under threat this year and here are four other sides who defied the odds to beat the drop in recent seasons.

West Brom (2004-2005)

In 2005 West Brom made history when they became the only team in Premier League history to escape relegation after being bottom of the league on Christmas Day. Bryan Robson took the reigns at the Hawthorns in November 2004 with the Baggies 17th in the table after Gary Megson's sacking. He endured a nightmare start but got his first league win at the 12th attempt, a 2-0 triumph at home to Manchester City. They made gradual improvements after that and after drawing 1-1 against Manchester United at Old Trafford in their penultimate game, a 2-0 home win over Portsmouth on the final day was enough to lift them from 20th to 17th as Southampton, Norwich and Crystal Palace all fell through the trap door.

The Baggies' final points tally of 34 remains the lowest ever to achieve safety but it will give QPR hope that their fate is not sealed just yet.

West Ham (2006-2007)

Carlos Tevez is the name that immediately springs to mind here, as the Argentine hit six goals in the last nine games to keep West Ham in the top flight. The Hammers were a whopping 10 points adrift at the beginning of March, but their great escape culminated in Tevez scoring the only goal in a famous 1-0 victory against Manchester United at Old Trafford on the final day of the season. That win consigned Sheffield United to the drop but the Blades angrily pursued the Hammers through the courts over Tevez and Javier Mascherano's ineligibility. West Ham eventually agreed to pay over £18million in compensation to Sheffield Utd but the Hammers' late-season victories over Arsenal and Everton, as well as the Red Devils, should not be forgotten.

QPR could use inspiration to beat the big boys this campaign as their last three games see them face Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool.

Fulham (2007-2008)

With five games to go in 2008 Roy Hodgson's Fulham looked doomed. The Cottagers were without an away win all season when they travelled to the Madejski Stadium to face Reading on April 12 where a 2-0 victory gave them a glimmer of hope. They lost their next game against Liverpool and then, 2-0 down at half-time against Manchester City, it looked like the end. What happened next was nothing short of astonishing, as two goals from Diomansy Kamara, including a stoppage-time winner, sparked a remarkable escape. Then, having beaten relegation rivals Birmingham 2-0 in the penultimate game, Danny Murphy's 76th-minute header against Portsmouth on the final day gave them a 1-0 win to stay up on goal difference. The run didn't end there though, as next season Hodgson led Fulham to a seventh-place finish and the season after that they reached the Europa League final.

QPR chairman Tony Fernandes would surely approve.

Wigan (2011-12)

When Roberto Martinez's Wigan lost 3-1 to Tottenham on January 31, 2012, they were rock-bottom of the Premier League, on eight games without a win and staring down the barrel. But Wigan have become masters of escapology since their arrival in the top flight in 2005, and last year's feat was truly remarkable. The Latics steadied the ship after the Spurs defeat, with only one loss in their next six games giving them a chance. A 2-1 victory against Liverpool at Anfield then sparked an amazing run of seven wins from their last nine games. That hot streak included wins against Manchester United and Arsenal and a 4-0 thumping of Newcastle. They finished the season on 43 points, well clear of the drop zone.

QPR will be hoping this season will be different for Martinez's survival specialists.

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr/what_qpr_can_learn_from_west_brom_west_ham_fulham_wigan_as_they_scrap_for_survival_1_1966197

WhiteJC

Bees hand trial to former Fulham winger

BRENTFORD have handed a trial to former Fulham winger Keanu Marsh-Brown.

The 20-year-old has been without a club since leaving Yeovil Town by mutual consent in January after 27 appearances for the League One side this season.

Marsh-Brown has been given a chance by the Bees and featured in a development game with Brighton this afternoon.

The youngster came through the ranks at Craven Cottage but failed to make an appearance for the first team before his release in 2011 following spells out on loan at MK Dons and Dundee United.

Marsh-Brown joined Oldham on a short-term deal after impressing on trial but was let go at the end of the season.

He joined Yeovil last summer and scored two goals in his first four games, but fell out of favour and had his contract cancelled before the end of the transfer window.

http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-sport/allsport/2013/03/05/109642-32927766/?