watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Guru John Carew - Part 2

Started by White Noise, April 28, 2010, 10:45:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

John Carew deserves his move to Fulham - too bad it will be eight years too late for the big Norwegian

Looking good in a white shirt: John Carew could leave Villa for Fulham

JOHN CAREW is moving  into the final year of his contract at Aston Villa and his situation has alerted Fulham to the possibility of luring him to Craven Cottage.

In a football terms it makes sense, the big Norwegian having the right attributes to share the burden on Bobby Zamora.

But few potential deals would have to be conducted in as potentially explosive and toxic circumstances, so it  is intriguing that it has been raised at all.

For Fulham's chairman, Mohamed al-Fayed, signing Carew would represent a loss of  face and could even have more serious consequences after his club's aborted  attempt to sign the player eight  years ago.

A £7.5million deal was called off then when the striker was found to have 'jumper's knee' in a medical organised by the club.

Fayed later accused his manager Jean Tigana in court of acting improperly in trying 'to sign a player with a clear medical problem at such a high price.'

But Carew and his club at the time, Valencia, took great umbrage at the outcome of the medical and the decision.

The striker has proved his fitness since and Valencia went  into a legal battle with Fulham, via FIFA, for compensation.

If Carew could be transferred to Fulham now without a great deal of fuss it  would show the game has grown up more than it is given credit for.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1269421/LEOS-LONDON-John-Terry-Chelsea-powerhouse-season-despite-field-problems.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0mO1Q53D7

blingo

He wont be coming. MAF is the man with the purse strings end of story really. Pure tabloid speculation.

finnster01

Quote from: blingo on April 28, 2010, 01:01:31 PM
He wont be coming. MAF is the man with the purse strings end of story really. Pure tabloid speculation.
Spot on Mr Blingo. Besides, since when did MAF forgive anybody?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Thats what I can't remember. Was MAF's problem with Carew himself, or his club, agent, medical people or Tigana?

I can't recall who MAF was hacked off with.

finnster01

The problem was when MAF and Tigana went to court, MAF used the Carew deal as his showpiece for Tigana going behind his back in the courts.

Carew failed his Fulham medical. Then MAF claimed Tigana set up a second medical in France without him knowing and flew in Carew to take it. i.e. going against his orders.

So my take is that in MAF's eyes Carew is a Tigana man, and that will never ever sit well with him.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

Quote from: finnster01 on April 28, 2010, 01:25:17 PM
The problem was when MAF and Tigana went to court, MAF used the Carew deal as his showpiece for Tigana going behind his back in the courts.

Carew failed his medical. Then MAF claimed Tigana set up a second medical in France without him knowing and flew in Carew to take it. i.e. going against his orders.

So my take is that in MAF's eyes Carew is a Tigana man, and that will never ever sit well with him.

That sounds about right. The whiff of collusion.