more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mrs Murphy being caned on Twitter

Started by Banjax, March 14, 2013, 01:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

A couple of things strike me here,

First of all, does this Ryan Savage understand that he is telling the world that he is a very unpleasant person? More to the point, does he understand that he is showing how PROUD he is to be an obnoxious person? Probably not, from the little I have read he seems to be a profoundly ignorant man. Imagine, for a moment, that this was a Fulham fan having a go at the wife of a Fulham player, whoever happens to be the scapegoat of choice at the time, and you knew the fan. Would you be happy that he was your friend? Would it change your view of him? If so, if you shunned him, you are not part of the problem, you are part of the solution.

I am a firm believer in the right of all individuals to make their views known, I am also a firm believer that they then endure the consequences of making views known. I'd allow this sort of individual to spout his bile, but a copy would go to his family, his friends and his employer.

The comments made on the end of reports about the new Pope have been fascinating to read, so much hatred and bile aimed at a man the posters clearly know next to nothing about, but they won't let that stop them from foaming at the mouth about him. Have a look at any comments site about Cullodden, the 1746 battle where the government army defeated Bonnie Prince Charlie's Jacobites. Try telling the fanatical Scots Nationalists that it was not Scotland v England, that there were more Scottish soldiers on the government side than the Jacobite, even offer proof of this, and watch the uninformed hatred pour forth because you have dared to knock their cosy little view of the world. Then laugh at their ignorance.

Secondly, Mrs Murphy is not stupid, she will talk to her husband about this, she may well remind him of the good relationship she enjoyed with Fulham fans, so this may be playing right into our hands, assuming we want Danny back in a coaching capacity. Yes, let the hatred continue to pour out, it won't help Blackburn at all, especially if any players they may hope to tempt there get to read it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

TonyGilroy

Unpleasant people saying unpleasant things. The moderators keep that stuff off here but other football sites are un(der)controlled and Twitter is essentially uncontrollable.

Celebrities have to learn to let that stuff wash off them - it's part of being in the spotlight and it can't be taken seriously.

Blackburn supporters are obviously seriously underwhelmed by Danny Murphy's performances. We can pretend to be superior but in truth we're pretty unforgiving to those who perform badly in a Fulham shirt.

Burt

Far too many trolls on twitter, FaceBook, etc.

I was interested to hear of that troll who spent months abusing (from the safety of his own keyboard) a boxer who had lost a fight, and then after one nasty comment too many the boxer offered £1k to his followers if any of them could track down where the troll lived. He got the address within an hour, said he was on his way, etc. Cue furious grovelling from the troll.

I think they were on TV together yesterday.

All very pathetic (on the troll's part).

The Equalizer

Quote from: Rupert on March 15, 2013, 12:05:42 PM

The comments made on the end of reports about the new Pope have been fascinating to read, so much hatred and bile aimed at a man the posters clearly know next to nothing about, but they won't let that stop them from foaming at the mouth about him. Have a look at any comments site about Cullodden, the 1746 battle where the government army defeated Bonnie Prince Charlie's Jacobites. Try telling the fanatical Scots Nationalists that it was not Scotland v England, that there were more Scottish soldiers on the government side than the Jacobite, even offer proof of this, and watch the uninformed hatred pour forth because you have dared to knock their cosy little view of the world. Then laugh at their ignorance.

That's sunday's entertainment sorted then!  :028:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc