Started by Mr-ska, March 14, 2013, 04:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-ska

TheDaddy

Bet theres a few faces on this MB the attended   :022:
Great photo
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Vinnieffc

Wow that's brilliant. Can I get a print of this anywhere ? I've just been deported to Bexleyheath, Kent and my Missus has already named a downstairs bedroom as The Fulham Room as I have various prints and a signed framed Championship shirt signed by Kit Symons on the walls.. If I could get this framed it would really set it off.. (BTW the room is being used as a study/office and I am not Gok Wan in disguise).. Than

LBNo11

...this has been my facebook header for ages, if you look it is before they had put the verandah balcony on the front of the Cottage so the photo must be from 1906-1910 - and not 1923...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Vinnieffc

Also noticed there is no 'D' outside the penalty area, which I believe was already in place by 1923 so I expect LBNo11 to be closer to the date..

LBNo11

...Vinnieffc, this is as big as I have it:-

Mr-ska

I lifted it from the official board on facebook...  so i can blame them for the wrong date.  090.gif

Burt

Quiz time:

Who were we playing

What was the score

Who is the dude in the hat?

Who knicked the floodlights?

What was served in the corporate hospitality suite?

Peabody

Rupert

Quote from: Burt on March 14, 2013, 05:23:09 PM
Quiz time:

Who were we playing  Thames Ironworks

What was the score 2-0

Who is the dude in the hat? They're all wearing hats

Who knicked the floodlights? Fulham Alliance

What was served in the corporate hospitality suite? Roast Horse, a delicacy

Question for you- how many of those answers did I just make up?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

LBNo11

...OK I have done some more research, this photograph was taken by the club's appointed photographers 'Moyse' of Putney High Street and was published in "The Book Of Football" published in 1906 by The Amalgamated Press (See photo below).

Now, the game is in the winter as the London Plane trees are not in leaf, but heavy coats are not evident on the fans and January 1906 was very mild in London * so looking at the size of crowd, and with the away teams slightly darker top with white shorts and much darker socks ** I make this the game played on January 27th 1906 against Luton Town in the Southern League division one game in front of an estimated 14,000 crowd. We won the match 3-0 with goals from Bill Morrison (1st half), and Alex Fraser and William Wood in the second half.

Also note the white picket fencing in front of the Stevenage Road stand, that was removed by the start of the 1910 season. Finally there is a picture of the 1907-08 team in front of the Cottage pavilion which now has the verandah/balcony...

* http://www.london-weather.eu/article.46.html

** http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Luton_Town/Luton_Town.htm

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on March 14, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
...OK I have done some more research, this photograph was taken by the club's appointed photographers 'Moyse' of Putney High Street and was published in "The Book Of Football" published in 1906 by The Amalgamated Press (See photo below).

Now, the game is in the winter as the London Plane trees are not in leaf, but heavy coats are not evident on the fans and January 1906 was very mild in London * so looking at the size of crowd, and with the away teams slightly darker top with white shorts and much darker socks ** I make this the game played on January 27th 1906 against Luton Town in the Southern League division one game in front of an estimated 14,000 crowd. We won the match 3-0 with goals from Bill Morrison (1st half), and Alex Fraser and William Wood in the second half.

Also note the white picket fencing in front of the Stevenage Road stand, that was removed by the start of the 1910 season. Finally there is a picture of the 1907-08 team in front of the Cottage pavilion which now has the verandah/balcony...

* http://www.london-weather.eu/article.46.html

Well done Ed.

bigalffc

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

LBNo11

FC Silver Fox

Nice one, Ed. 
It looks odd how the river looks as though its running along the back of the Hammy end but its not behind the Thamesbank. Who moved the Thames?
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Kent Cassandra

Hi Ed
I remember when there were no stands at the riverside and Bishops Park. I stood at the Hammersmith End as a twelve year old in 1949. When was that stand built?
Love the tree in the corner.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

mikeyffc28

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on March 15, 2013, 11:03:26 AM
Nice one, Ed. 
It looks odd how the river looks as though its running along the back of the Hammy end but its not behind the Thamesbank. Who moved the Thames?

I thought the same thing.  Also the tree between Riverside/Hammy.  I know there is one between Putney/Riverside (only league club with a tree inside the grounds) so when was the tree in the corner of Riverside/hammy removed?

Burt

Quote from: mikeyffc28 on March 15, 2013, 11:48:14 AM
Quote from: FC Silver Fox on March 15, 2013, 11:03:26 AM
Nice one, Ed. 

I thought the same thing.  Also the tree between Riverside/Hammy.  I know there is one between Putney/Riverside (only league club with a tree inside the grounds) so when was the tree in the corner of Riverside/hammy removed?

A couple of years ago, to make way for the Michael Jackson statue  :dead horse:

It's quite remarkable how much change there has been, not just to the ground but the surroundings too.

Chesh

This is the picture taken in September 1905 from our first game at the redeveloped Craven Cottage v Pompey (0-0).

I have it on my wall at home.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

LBNo11

Quote from: Chesh on March 15, 2013, 01:20:10 PM
This is the picture taken in September 1905 from our first game at the redeveloped Craven Cottage v Pompey (0-0).

I have it on my wall at home.

...I thought it should have been that one Chesh, but in September the trees would have been in leaf still...