https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

To those slagging off Duff already

Started by Stefano Okaka Chuka, March 19, 2013, 10:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: TonyGilroy on March 20, 2013, 08:41:34 AM
Quote from: Rupert on March 20, 2013, 12:57:08 AM
I wonder if we haven't lost our focus here, namely the need to identify the Duff-slaggers so we can do the aforementioned hunting down and ritually disemboweling of them. All this "let's have a go at Senderos instead" smells suspiciously of somebody desperate to change the subject.
Tony, stick Alfie on the top of the list to be investigated, will you?

I'm investigating no one.

I'm stuck at home surrounded by security trying to protect me from your death threats which are starting to become ever so slightly irksome.

I'm not one to complain but I'm starting to wonder if threats of death by crucifixion etc aren't perhaps falling foul of this Board's respect agenda.

Just in case though I'll add that Damien Duff is of course wonderful in every respect and has lost none of his pace.

On Senderos I'll agree with you whatever you think.
[/quote

You expressed your appreciation of Duff just in time as it is likely that the sentence for anyone not in support of him could be as severe as 12 months at the Bridge followed by 6 months at Loftus Road.

I must confess that Duff is my favourite and I will not listen to a word against him.

A Humble Man

We have a good squad of players who are all playing well and are showing a strong determination to do well.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

MJG

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 20, 2013, 09:05:26 AM
I don't know whether this is directed to my post about a lack of balance and I just wanted to make sure people understood I was no slating Duff, he's been superb since he's been with us but you can't seriously say it's positive that we can only attack down one side.

If you hit a poor spell, your position should be under scrutiny no? That's all I was trying to say. I think the key with Duff is picking him for the right games. Now I'm not saying he can't last a whole season, because he can, but I'm saying maybe we should pick him for games where his skills are more effective. Also, I think Richardson should be left back.
I think it was directed at you and to anyone who dares make any kind of critical comment about the team at the moment. It seems that unless you are fully 100% on message about all things are great and nothing is wrong and dont question anything about the club, players or staff, your a target straight away.

To actually have the nerve to question what uiff is doing deserves a thread on its own. Just thank god you did not mention anything negative about Riether.

HatterDon

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on March 20, 2013, 09:05:26 AM
I don't know whether this is directed to my post about a lack of balance and I just wanted to make sure people understood I was no slating Duff, he's been superb since he's been with us but you can't seriously say it's positive that we can only attack down one side.

I can't speak for others, but after watching the aimless, pointless crap we played for nearly half a season, I am thrilled that there IS a side we can use for attack. For a while there, I thought we had abandoned the very thought of attack, considering it a needless relic of a bygone and non-sexy footballing era.

I think Duff is great, Dejagah is promising, and crucifixion is wrong unless the individual has been supplied with adequate counsel.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

I was personally looking forward to slagging off on someone but found this thread way too confusing to figure out who I am actually supposed to be slagging off on.  Therefore, I am just going to throw out that Jurgen Klinnsman is a gawd awful manager and should be sacked from the USMNT as soon as possible.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

cmg

Quote from: BarryP on March 20, 2013, 05:07:57 PM
I was personally looking forward to slagging off on someone but found this thread way too confusing to figure out who I am actually supposed to be slagging off on.  Therefore, I am just going to throw out that Jurgen Klinnsman is a gawd awful manager and should be sacked from the USMNT as soon as possible.

No point in throwing out Klinnsman - he'd only turn it into a backward two-and-a-half somersault piked with spashless entry for an average score of 8.7

A Humble Man

Quote from: cmg on March 20, 2013, 06:06:06 PM

No point in throwing out Klinnsman - he'd only turn it into a backward two-and-a-half somersault piked with spashless entry for an average score of 8.7

Do not slag of any Fulham players just praise them all.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

I was personally looking forward to slagging off on someone but found this thread way too confusing to figure out who I am actually supposed to be slagging off on.  Therefore, I am just going to throw out that Jurgen Klinnsman is a gawd awful manager and should be sacked from the USMNT as soon as possible.

and so say all of us!  082.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Snibbo on March 20, 2013, 07:15:00 AM
Quote from: The Moose on March 19, 2013, 11:53:26 PM

Hangeland has made errors too, which luckily didn't lead to a goal.
Err, what about when Taarabt went waltzing past him?  Just sayin'

Good point.

Twig

Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 20, 2013, 12:21:56 AM
Duff doesn't deserve slagging off and quite frankly I haven't seen much of that really. In terms of his ability, age is catching up with him a little bit, he can't beat the man any more and is forward play has just become a bit limited. You cannot fault his effort of his contribution in defence though. Returning to the left may have hindered him as he spent the last few years cutting in from the right and he's lost a bit of pace. His set pieces are still excellent though. What I find with Duff though is that when he goes through ineffective spells, he'll probably come out and score/assist a few in the next few games. Always seems to play better when someone offers him some real competition for his position.
I don't think age has suddenly caught up with DD, I think that playing on the left he has to be more cautious because Riise is less able to get back than Reither on the right.  If age is catching up with anyone perhaps it is Riise? I agree about giving Richardson a run at left back (not that Riise has been playing poorly) it would be interesting to see how a Duff & Richardson partnership shaped up.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Twig on March 21, 2013, 04:17:11 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on March 20, 2013, 12:21:56 AM
Duff doesn't deserve slagging off and quite frankly I haven't seen much of that really. In terms of his ability, age is catching up with him a little bit, he can't beat the man any more and is forward play has just become a bit limited. You cannot fault his effort of his contribution in defence though. Returning to the left may have hindered him as he spent the last few years cutting in from the right and he's lost a bit of pace. His set pieces are still excellent though. What I find with Duff though is that when he goes through ineffective spells, he'll probably come out and score/assist a few in the next few games. Always seems to play better when someone offers him some real competition for his position.
I don't think age has suddenly caught up with DD, I think that playing on the left he has to be more cautious because Riise is less able to get back than Reither on the right.  If age is catching up with anyone perhaps it is Riise? I agree about giving Richardson a run at left back (not that Riise has been playing poorly) it would be interesting to see how a Duff & Richardson partnership shaped up.

I disagree, I think Duff just isn't quick enough to be an out and out winger anymore.