watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Advice Needed on First Possible Visit To Craven Cottage

Started by Adam1991, March 20, 2013, 01:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1991

Bought my ticket just now, I'm in the Hammersmith end block H6. Think I'm on back few rows aswell. So quite closer to river and no pole in view either. cant wait now. buzzing.

Adam1991

Hammersmith end looks quite full. wasn't many left, will this game sell out or not do you reckon lads and how long do tickets normally take to arrive in the post?

A Humble Man

Quote from: Adam1991 on March 21, 2013, 03:13:22 PM
Hammersmith end looks quite full. wasn't many left, will this game sell out or not do you reckon lads and how long do tickets normally take to arrive in the post?

Normally the day after you order them.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

filham

Adam, I just can't waite to read your post after the game to see how you managed the trip and to hear if you enjoyed the Cottage.
By the way if you are confused on which direction to take on the night ask a policeman, there should be one or two keeping an eye on the QPR fans as they creep back to Shepherds Bush.

Adam1991

Quote from: filham on March 21, 2013, 06:49:46 PM
Adam, I just can't waite to read your post after the game to see how you managed the trip and to hear if you enjoyed the Cottage.
By the way if you are confused on which direction to take on the night ask a policeman, there should be one or two keeping an eye on the QPR fans as they creep back to Shepherds Bush.
cheers pal really looking forward to it.

yatewhite

Hey Adam, where are you from? I moved to Doncaster when I was 13 when my Dad moved had to move with his job. I lived in Bessacarr
until I was old enough to move back to London!

Adam1991

Not from donny mate, my mate works in donny so al be getting a lift back to home where i live which is barnsley. doncaster is fantastic for transport to london, i always go there now, sheffields w*** for it, an hour and half to london from donny, v quick.

Scrumpy

Sorry, joining this thread late. have you bought your ticket yet? If not, make sure you get in Hammersmith End for atmosphere (not too near the front), Riverside Stand for a great view (but a bit quiet), Johny Haynes stand for traditional querkiness, or Putney End for quieter experience with possible QPR inbred twit sitting next to you.

Enjoy! And welcome to the fold!
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Adam1991

Scrumpy

Quote from: Adam1991 on March 21, 2013, 10:57:07 PM
I'm in hammersmith end. Block h6 near back

Good choice mate. You'll be with the more vocal fans then. I'm H5, also towards the back. Sing up fella! :clap_hands: 049:gif
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

epsomraver

Where do you live in Barnsley,? I have lots of family live there.

Adam1991

Live around 5 mins from Elsecar pal. What time would you recommend getting to the ground lads and what will the queues be like in The Hammersmith end to have a beer on the river?

Adam1991

Will be coming from Leicester Square. 26 mins from there to Putney Bridge and to Hammersmith from Leicester Square it's From Leicester Square
To Hammersmith (Dist&Picc Line) Underground Station only just 18 minutes and is direct.

Think I will be coming to hammersmith district and picadilly line underground station before game then, and I can also then time the walk so I know how long it will most likely take me after game to get back there.

So 50 minutes journey from leicester square to cottage, brilliant that is.

King_Crud

Adam, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and it's great, but you need to relax mate. If you're by yourself get to the ground 30-60 mins before. Where your ticket is there's plenty of bars and people selling beers out of a backpack, queues not a problem. Vomit at your first sight of the MJ statue the walk past it and stand by the river, enjoy the wonderful views. Then wander back to your stand, enjoy the atmosphere, beer at halftime might be a struggle with the queues. Then once the whistle goes then make your way out promptly but no need to run like crazy, you'll have plenty of time to make it to either Putney or Hammersmith, and you'll make Kings X in plenty of time, really you will.

Adam1991

King_Crud

£4-ish a pint (i should know the exact price as I have 2-3 each game, but I just hand over notes and don't check my change)

Shredhead

The Vinnie pies are ok as well - I had a free veggie one at the Stoke game, but it was worth the £4 I would have spent on it. Can't believe I just wrote that. £4 for a pie??
Enjoy the game.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Roberty

It Vili's - they come from Australia - best pies in the league - chosen by the fans at a tasting
http://www.vilis.com/
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy