News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FULHAM INTO THE FINAL OF THE DALLAS CUP!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, March 30, 2013, 03:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: The Moose on March 30, 2013, 12:22:17 PM
Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on March 30, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
Watched the match live. With the other games, this has been a great opportunity to see Fulham's young players. I think the whole of Fulham's defence was outstanding. We have Dan Burn coming through at centre back. In three years time we could easily have a centre back partnership between Grimmer and Arthurworry. It would be fantastic if Grimmer got a chance (in place of Senderos) alongside Hangelend this season. Grimmer's whole game and captaincy is hugely impressive. Our goalkeeper was fautless, with at least two stunning saves (including the one from the penalty. I can't wait for the final!!
Enough with the Senderos bashing, he has been in good form. Top top performance against Spurs. The leap between youth and Prwmier League football is huge, odds are it's too soon for Grimmer.

It wasn't a swipe at Senderos, merely that I think Grimmer should be introduced to first team football alongside Hangeland - and, I don't think it's too soon to give Grimmer that experience.

Deep Si

Steve Wigley has contacted me this morning to discuss tactics for the final as he usually does prior to each of our games.  I have demanded that the lads approach the game as if they are playing for Stoke City.  I reckon lots of high balls, tough tackles and cheating should see us lift the cup.  Most of them are midgets and they won't be able to cope with aerial play.

Come 11pm tomorrow night I will be sitting with my Ouija board seeking divine intervention. You might be sceptical, but this practice has not let us down so far in this competition.

It should also be noted that the opposition are named Reysol or the Rs. Coincidence? I think not!  I have nicknamed them - the Rsols.  This nickname can be repeated continuously by our support in an oriental stylie to cause maximum offence.   Ahhh Sols! Ahhh Sols! Ahhh Sols! Ahhh Sols!

cmg

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on March 30, 2013, 02:13:02 PM
Watched the match live. With the other games, this has been a great opportunity to see Fulham's young players. I think the whole of Fulham's defence was outstanding. We have Dan Burn coming through at centre back. In three years time we could easily have a centre back partnership between Grimmer and Arthurworry. It would be fantastic if Grimmer got a chance (in place of Senderos) alongside Hangelend this season. Grimmer's whole game and captaincy is hugely impressive. Our goalkeeper was fautless, with at least two stunning saves (including the one from the penalty. I can't wait for the final!!
Enough with the Senderos bashing, he has been in good form. Top top performance against Spurs. The leap between youth and Prwmier League football is huge, odds are it's too soon for Grimmer.

It wasn't a swipe at Senderos, merely that I think Grimmer should be introduced to first team football alongside Hangeland - and, I don't think it's too soon to give Grimmer that experience.

It's a question which allows us to apply a bit of perspective to the situation.

Almost all the young players we have seen over the past couple of days have been impressive, talented, full of promise. But ask the question, 'Would you want any of these players, in an emergency, to start against QPR on Monday?' I think, in all honesty, the answer would have to be, 'No'. Grimmer is, perhaps, the most 'ready', but there is a big difference between even top Brazilian youth football and the demands of the Premier League.
Just watched as Chris Smalling handled a dangerous Sunderland move in the penalty area with coolness and skill - it was simply something he could not have done two years ago without giving away either a goal or a penalty.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: BishopsParkFantastic on March 30, 2013, 02:13:02 PM

Disagree. I think he should get some experience in the local leagues first.

Texas White

The young texan kid looks really good. No handbags please I know you all like a good yank on the chain.
They all looked okay and certainly better than we have ever had before in a youth team.

SouthfieldWhite

If that's the first time you've seen most of these players , please don't judge them on that performance, we can play a lot better and hopfully will do against the Japanese side tonight.

Some of these lads have only just started playing for the u21s so it's crazy to say throw them in to a prem game,

We have some of the best people in football looking after these boys and I'm sure they will know when the right time is to go knocking on Martin Jol door, Martin himself would also have been looking and will hopfully give them a chance, but only when they are ready